My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

May the Best Pet Win!

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Nov 19, 2011 on The Hub

• Best Pet!

How time had been flying since 2011. In this episode Rainbow Dash must choose her best. There is the deserved Emmy nominated song too. Such a shame to see it being overshadowed by the loss to Penguions on Youtube. But Watch the episode anyway, 10/10
  • Simply put, one of the best.

Last season on Friendship is Magic, Rainbow Dash's episode, Sonic Rainboom, was a big flop. Well this time it seems we got an episode for all to enjoy and is one of the best. We open up to Rainbow flying around, and sees Twilight Sparkle's pet owl, Owlowiscious. They both race, but then Applejack's dog, Winona, comes up, and then Fluttershy's pet bunny, Angel, Pinkie Pie's pet alligator, Gummy, and Rarity's cat, Opal. Rainbow falls and wakes up to see it was a dream and her friend's and their pets were here for a pet play date. Rainbow says she doesn't need a pet, but caves in and Fluttershy takes her to see various pets from seals to eagles. Rainbow decides to have a competition to see who will be the best. They have competitions determining, Speed, Agility, Awesomeness, and so on. Throughout the race, there is a tortoise that fails at everything while various flying creatures like the eagle and falcon win. The final part of the race is a tie breaker, and it is who can beat Rainbow Dash in a race through Ghastly Gorge. During the race, Rainbow crashes into the wall, and causes an avalanche and she gets her wing stuck. While the other birds race off, the tortoise comes and helps Rainbow. The birds makes it across the finish line, and Rainbow comes soon with the tortoise. Rainbow states that despite the falcon winning, she said the animal had to cross the finish line with her. She chooses the tortoise for helping her and has Spike take a letter. Rainbow learns that pets aren't about physical conditions, but those who show love and affection for you in return. Our episode ends with Rainbow and her friends going on a pet play date, and her new pet tortoise, Tank, follows her on a helicopter. In my opinion, this episode was just awesome in many ways. I loved the talent show part of the episode with the bat playing the theme to this show, to how the wasp made hand shadows. I also loved the musical number this episode had since we haven't had one since The Best Night Ever back in season 1. I also enjoyed how Tank was trying so hard throughout the competition and was funny. Overall, for a Rainbow Dash episode, this was just so awesome! I recommend this for all to view.

FINAL SCORE: 10/10

• What That_TV_Dude Said

Rainbow Dash decides she will finally get her own pet. Only the fastest and coolest animal will do, so she holds a series of competitions where pet candidates can demonstrate their abilities and win Rainbow Dash's favor. As usual, we see another excellent episode of "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic". So far, this season has been better than Season 1. In my opinion, all of the Season 2 episodes except for "Lesson Zero" were pure perfect. I have to agree with That_TV_Dude on everything that he said about this episode. If noticed this past season, I've only been saying "I laughed at SOME parts" on each Season 2 episode. In this episode, I laughed at TONS of parts which means that this episode made me laugh the most and the hardest this season. This episode was WAY WAY better than the OKAY Season 1 episode "Sonic Rainboom" which also makes this episode Rainbow Dash's best episode ever SO FAR. The musical number sung by Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash was very well put and such an enjoyable song plus it's not short like most of the musical numbers which is awesome. A lot of parts in this episode made me laugh hard such as Fluttershy getting excited about getting Rainbow Dash a pet after Rainboee Dash said "I didn't say I'll never get a pet, I might get a pet one day" (or something like that), Tank the tortoise throughout this episode trying to compete in the pet competition, Rainbow Dash being the coach his pet competition, the talent show scene (made me LOL hard), Tank the turtle flying at the very end of the episode, and many more. Overall, I love the storyline and TONS of humor made me laugh very hard... funniest episode of the season so far. 10/10