My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

MMMystery on the Friendship Express

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Apr 07, 2012 on The Hub

• Tasty and nasty

Pinkie Pie as a detective is now canon. Pinkie Pie and her friends are on the way to Canterlot with a delicious cake. The party pony guards the cake all the time. But as Pinkie Pie awakes are the cake eaten halfway up. And who did it? A welcome to another donkey but Applejack is lacking screentime again. It's strange to see that Pinkie Pie haven't had a party episode in long time too. S2 has many great episodes this episode is one of them. 10/10
  • Yet another excellent episode for Pinkie Pie

So for the third time now we have a Pinkie Pie episode. So far her episodes have been really great this season and enjoyable. So is it possible for a third episode for her be just as awesome? Well the story begins in Ponyville where Mr. and Mrs. Cake are taking a cake over towards a train station so it can be transported to Canterlot to enter it into a contest. Pinkie gets all her friends to help get the cake on board and promise to look over it. We then meet three bakers such as Pony Joe with his Doughnuttopia creation. A donkey who has made a giant chocolate moose. Finally, a griffon with chocolate eclairs. Each baker, including Pinkie, tell evreypony about their confections and how good they are. Pinkie decides to guard the Cake's cake while the others go to bed. During the night, Pinkie sees somepony trying to get a bite out of the cake, but she chases it off. The next morning however, Twilight Sparkle shows Pinkie that somepony has eaten half the cake. Pinkie decides to start an "investigation" and makes Twilight her assistant. Pinkie accuses each baker since she thinks each one could have upper hoof in winning the contest by destroying the cake, but Twilight tells her that her theories are bogus. After Pinkie describes each confection again and entering a dark tunnel, the other bakers' entries are eaten and the mystery deepens. Twilight soon takes over the investigation and finds three clues in the caboose, the conductor's hat, and a knocked over picture. Twilight gets the bakers and her friends back at the scene of the crime and discover who ate the cake. As it turns out, it was Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Rarity who did it. They each went into the train car where the cake was held and at a piece. They all say they did it because of how tasty it sounded and apologize for their actions. Just as things are wrapping up, Pinkie discovers that she still needs to know who ate the other confectioneries. Pinkie looks for clues and discovers each baker ate one of each others food and apologize. As the train pulls in, Pinkie decides to combine all four desserts together to make a new unique cake. Pinkie learns to never jump to conclusions and you must find the truth. The episode ends with Pinkie eating the winning cake whole while her friends laugh. This was yet another excellent Pinkie Pie episode. The movie bits with each baker was hilarious like Pony Joe being James Bond and the silent movie bit. I also loved how Twilight acted like Miles Edgeworth from the Ace Attorney series and it was awesome. The mystery itself was nicely done and left you wondering who was the culprit. Unlike Mare Do Well where the mystery was too easy, this one made you keep guessing who did it. Pinkie was a load of fun in this episode and she was excellent. My only real problem has to be the fact that Rainbow, Rarity, and Fluttershy being the ones to doing it. I think they kind of acted selfish for what they did and hurt Pinkie for what they did. Aside from that though, this was another excellent Pinkie episode and one of the best of the season.

FINAL SCORE: 10/10
  • Pinkie Pie and Twilight are trying to uncover a mystery on who took a bite or more pieces of the cake

Mr. and Mrs. Cake enter their latest creation into a dessert competition in Canterlot and place Pinkie Pie in charge of guarding it. However, regardless of the pink pony's efforts to keep the tasty treat safe, someone still manages to steal a bite or two. Pinkie and Twilight Sparkle begin an investigation to catch the cake-consuming culprit. This was well done episode of "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic". While this episode doesn't top the Pinkie Pie episode "A Friend In Deed", it was very enjoyable. However, the storyline was a little too predictable though because as soon I saw giant bite marks on that cake then that made me think "All of the ponies took a bite of that cake" so that mystery was pretty pointless to me since it was already predictable from the start. What I didn't expect though and it made me laugh pretty hard was that the Bakers ate the desserts and it was too funny for me. The storyline being a little too predictable wasn't my the reason why my score is a tad low though. The only reason why my score is a tad low is because Pinkie Pie (for the first time ever) annoyed me a little. She annoyed me a little when Twilight is trying to explain the clues and Pinkie Pie keeps interrupting her clues by saying "I knew it was you" or "I'm gonna get you" and more and then Twilight has to keep telling her that it wasn't that suspect. Other than Pinkie Pie being a little annoying here... I still really liked the episode. The humor was pretty good as well such as Doughnut Joe being James Bond (that was hilarious), the silent movie part (that cracked me up), the very beginning of the episode with everyone trying to move Mr. and Mrs. Cake's Mmm Cake very carefully, all of the ponies admitting that they took a bite of the cake, and more. The very ending was also funny. So yeah, even though Pinkie Pie was a little annoying here, this was an excellent episode and I definitely recommend it. It's a much better episode than the previous installment "Ponyville Confidential". Overall, an excellent mystery episode of "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" even it was a little predictable. 9.5/10