My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Ponyville Confidential

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Mar 31, 2012 on The Hub

• I don't know how to put it this way but this episode reminded me of the SpongeBob episode "The Krabby Kronicle"

The Cutie Mark Crusaders' latest efforts to find their cutie marks leads them to the school paper. As reporters under the pseudonym "Gabby Gums", the three fillies write a gossip column that reveals all of Ponyville's juiciest secrets. However, disrespecting others' privacy comes with a heavy cost: a guilty conscience and the mistrust of all their friends. I thought that this was a good, if not, just a decent episode of "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic". It wasn't the best episode I've seen this season but that's not to say that it's the worst of the season because it isn't. "Secret of My Excess" is the #1 worst episode for Season 2. I like this episode and it had potential to be an excellent episode but it just failed at being perfect. A GOOD score is still good though. This episode is pretty similar to the SpongeBob episode "The Krabby Kronicle" though. Sorry if it seems like I'm comparing those two episodes but it's pretty true to me. Diamond Tiara doesn't care about hurting other pony's feelings and only wants the juiciest stories into the newspaper which is similar to what Mr. Krabs wanted. The Cutie Mark Crusaders don't like the idea of hurting everypony's feelings.... same thing with SpongeBob. Everyone in Ponyville gets upset and angry about their privacy being exposed on the newspaper.... same goes to the citizens of Bikini Bottom. Okay, enough with comparing this MLP: FIM newspaper episode to the SpongeBob episode. Let's just get to the real idea here, the storyline was just dragged up and all. I hated Diamond Tiara in this episode and I also hated how she blackmailed the Cutie Mark Crusaders by publishing embarrassing photos of them unless they continue to find juicy stories. Of all the episodes that Diamond Tiara has appeared in, Diamond Tiara was the worst in this episode and she got me so angry (by the way, this is pretty much the same amount of anger that Mr. Krabs gave me in "The Krabby Kronicle"). I also really didn't like Rarity in this episode. I mean, she definitely did NOT anger me like Diamond Tiara but I didn't really like how she acted when every other pony was hurt by their privacy on the newspaper and all Rarity says is "Well, it's gossip... have a sense of humor" but yet Rarity gets angry once she sees a story about her. Rarity is the Element of Generosity..... right? well, she didn't seem so generous over there so yeah that just bugged me plus the fact that the episode just got boring after a while. But to get to the postitives, there were some good humor but it's mostly in the first act though. Only time I laughed in the second act or third act (whichever act it's in) was some of the articles that were published in the newspaper... they were hilarious. I also kinda didn't like how everypony including the Mane 6 wouldn't let the Cutie Mark Crusaders explain to them about the newspaper and all that. The ending was overall just alright. Overall, this was yet.... I guess you can call.... an alright/decent episode of "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic"...... not bad, but it just could have been WAY better. 7/10
Trade Ya