My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Princess Twilight Sparkle- Part 1

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Nov 23, 2013 on The Hub

• Twilight

Zacora! And Discord! And really should have seen the fact she's named Twilight coming! A decent first half to the beginning of the season. It really sounds like Rarity's voice changed, but I can't find anything indicating such. Maybe the voice actress is changing it up?
  • Season 4 Premiere (Part 1) is Good

Twilight is a bit nervous about her new responsibilities as a princess. But that's the least of her problems when Celestia and Luna go missing and the Everfree forest starts to invade Ponyville. My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic is back which makes me very excited. I hope now that this season has 26 episodes means that they we will get some new episodes during the summer since I want to see new episodes in the summertime as well. Part 1 of the Season 4 premiere is very solid. I really enjoyed Part 1. The storyline was interesting. Pinkie Pie is awesome and funny as ever. Season 4 premiere is more interesting than funny. I didn't laugh that much here which is fine with me. My problems with Part 1 is that Celestia disappearing seemed to be rushed, certain things were very predictable, a little boring in a couple of moments, and I felt like the episode itself was getting lost in what direction it was trying to get to in the middle of Part 1. I think Part 1 is good and very well done and it's a very nice treat. Can't wait to see how Part 2 continues and develops from Part 1. I'm satisfied with the start of the season. 7.5/10
  • We're back to My Little Pony

The first reviews had been stumblin' in. 3 years had passed with FiM and time flies. This epsiode shows how the ponies had grown since the first meeting with Discord. After waiting through spring and summer a brandnew Season began. This time black vines, Discord, a rock crocodile and Nightmare Moon is on the loose. Can't get any crazier than this! The ponies are about to begin the Summer Sun Celebration a midsummer like celebration. But Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are talen away so the six ponies and Spike goes out on a quiest in the Everfree Forest. A load of black vines and drink magic potion art and fics will show up thereafter. 40 minutes of feel good and a lot of shoutouts to Bronies too. Now beware of early S4 twitters and more if you don't want the remains of S4 spoiled, The Season opening is not having any new songs, but Discord sings Winter Wrap Up shortly. I guess the songwriters got burnt out after the many songs in S3. There are tears to shed, funny scenes and more for everyone. But the Season opening just ended too sudden like in a rushed fic. The S3 ending got blend reviews, but with this S4 opening I guess S5 is in sight.

10/10
  • yay :)

I was actually initially confused. I finally figured it out after watching it a second time. It was awesome! I really enjoyed the history. Discord is very crafty indeed
  • FiM finally returns with a big bang

It's been a long wait everypony. After months of teasers and screenshots that had us unable to wait any longer, the new season has taken off with a considerable big bang. Once again, this premier had some big footsteps to fill. So how does this hold up? Is it just as good as the other season premiers of this show? Well spoilers ahead, let's take a look.

Our story centers around Twilight having to help prepare for the Summer Sun Celebration, but she feels lonely since she's in Canterlot while her friends go back to Ponyville. Later that night, Spike and Twilight prepare for the celebration, but while that's going on, Princess Celestia is snatched by a vine. The following morning, Twilight is summoned by the castle guards and told both Princess Luna and Princess Celestia are gone, but it gets even worse when she gets news that Ponyville is being "invaded" by the Everfree Forest. Wasting no time, both Twilight and Spike take off and head for their hometown. In Ponyville, Rainbow is trying to control the town, Applejack and her family try to contain the weeds, and the entire town is in a panic. In an effort to figure out what's going on, all of Twilight's friends gather in the library to find information about this invasion. Meanwhile, Twilight has gotten her Element of Harmony and flies off with Spike to Ponyville and accidentally teleports into the library when she can't land properly. Because there are vines everywhere, the clouds are spiky, and the sky is half daylight and half nighttime, Twilight believes Discord is behind this and with the other Elements of Harmony, he is summoned. Discord explains to them that he's reformed and he has no idea what's going on, but they don't believe him. He then points them to Zecora, who has fled her home because of the Everfree Forest getting more and more out of control. She gives Twilight a potion, which must turn white, that can show her the past and possibly figure out what's causing all this chaos. She does this and goes into a flashback, but she instead comes upon the time that Princess Luna turned into Nightmare Moon, which is where our episode ends.

This was an excellent start to the two-parter episode season premier. I did like a lot of Pinkie's antics, especially how she could send a letter so quickly after she left on the train. Discord was once again good and we even got to see him sing a little bit of the Winter Wrap Up song from season 1. The mystery behind this infestation is quite good actually and makes you want to see more of what's really going on. Overall, a very nice part 1 episode of the season premier and it leaves you wanting to see more.

FINAL SCORE: 10/10
  • What I thought wold have been awful, turned out really good.

This was a really good episode. Yes, there was some instances of Pinkie Pie being stupid but still this episode was awesome. Much better than that Season 3 finale! This 2-parter episode was a riot! There were a lot of sappy parts such as when Twilight went out of the forest crying, and of course there are the funny parts! Discord was so hilarious! And wait until you get a load of Twilight traveling back in time! WOOP WOOP! This episode was awesome. 8.5/10 for both parts. AMAZING.