My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Saturday 10:30 AM on The Hub Premiered Oct 10, 2010 In Season

taker65

User Score: 1961

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Fan Reviews (123)

• For what it is, My Little Pony is pretty good.

Okay, let me start out by saying this. I am no Brony!! Yeah, I'm a 23 year old guy who has watched this show before, but I'm simply judging it as someone who was curious. Maybe it was the concept of the show, that being ponies based on toys that were obviously made for girls, but I always stayed away from the My Little Pony show. Then I found out about the Brony (guy fans) fanbase, which honestly I do find really strange, but whatever, that's just me. So being curious I decided to check Friendship Is Magic out. And I have to admit... It's surprisingly good.

My Little Pony has likeable characters. And not just the main 7, but likeable side characters too. Heck, the few bad guys, despite being in something like My Little Pony, are pretty menacing. All 7 main characters, Twilight, Spike, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Apple Jack, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, are cool, and surpisingly funny. The only ones I could have a little disdain for is Pinkie for being a bit annoying, and Rarity for being vain sometimes. But even so, it's not that often. The voice acting and the animation style is pretty good too.

As for the episodes, some are better than others, and some are kinda random. But most of them are pretty decent. And My Little Pony does have some good morals, which is pretty cool considering this came out around the same time as shit like Regular Show.

If I'm honest with myself, I think this show was made for kids. I can't figure out how this show got so popular with so many adult guys. But whatever, it's their thing not mine. I'm not a super fan of it, but for what it is, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is a pretty decent cartoon. It's much better than most cartoons that are playing on Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon or Disney Channel anyway. So, yeah. I say check it out.