My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Sisterhooves Social

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Nov 05, 2011 on The Hub

• A very sweet and touching episode of Friendship is Magic

After the last episode with no Rarity at all, this episode not only has her, but it's also very sweet and touching, not to mention one of the best episodes of the season yet. It starts out with Sweetie Belle making breakfast for not only her sister, but her mom and dad make a quick appearance as well. The breakfast though is totally burnt and Rarity insists on making it on her own. Sweetie Belle meanwhile tries to help out Rarity by washing clothes, making a picture, or cleaning her sewing room. Unfortunately, it all goes wrong and it makes Sweetie Belle upset. Sweetie runs into Applebloom and tells her friend about how harsh Rarity acts with her. Applebloom tells her of an event called, the Sisterhooves Social where two sisters compete with others in a series of events. Sweetie tries to make her sister do it, but she refuses to do so. It then leads to an argument where Rarity and Sweetie Belle refuse to be sisters and leave each other. Sweetie goes over to Sweet Apple Acres and sees how much fun Applejack and Applebloom do together from making grape juice, to herding sheep. Rarity meanwhile realizes how terrible she acted and tries to get Sweetie Belle back. However Sweetie Belle refuses to accept her sister's apology and decides to become Applejack's sister. Rarity tries to convince her to come back, but when she wants to do things with Sweetie Belle that only Rarity wants to do, it makes Sweetie Belle very upset and runs off. On the day of the Sisterhooves Social, Applejack is made Sweetie Belle's sister for one day, and do the obstacle course. Despite their best efforts though, they lose, but Sweetie Belle doesn't care as long as she spent it with Applejack. All of a sudden Sweetie Belle sees a horn and sees that it's actually Rarity who was covered in mud. It turns out Rarity, Applejack, and Applebloom were in on the whole thing and Applejack and Rarity switched places at the first mudhole. Rarity states that in her own way she's sorry and that her and Sweetie Belle are together as sisters. Back at Rarity's shop, Spike makes a quick appearance to send a letter to Princess Celestia. The sisters learn that even though being a sister isn't easy, it can be fun. The episode ends with Sweetie and Rarity about to get into a fight, but Spike breaks it up in time. This was one of the most touching and sweetest episodes of this season yet. Not only was the plot excellent, and the humor great, but it was deep as well and one of the best yet. Granny Smith's scene with the megaphone was awesome, I loved Sweetie Belle's picture, the while breakfast scene was hilarious as well. I was surprised to see no Twilight Sparkle at all in this episode though since she is in every episode. My guess is they couldn't find a scene for her. My only minor grip has to be what happened to Rarity's parents since they were on vacation, and I think a little closure was needed. I could go on, but this episode was very sweet overall and simply one of the best yet, so go see it.

FINAL SCORE: 10/10

• Best Season 2 Episode Ever :)

Sweetie Belle disowns Rarity as her sister and decides to make Applejack her new sister after seeing how much fun she and Apple Bloom have together. But then Rarity soon realizes how much she misses Sweetie Belle so she tries to think of a way to get her back. I know I've given most of the Season 2 episodes a perfect score so far but I must say out of all the episodes so far. This is BY FAR the best Season 2 episode I've ever seen. This is probably the most heartwarming episode of "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" that I have ever seen which is the reason it's my new favorite episode of Season 2. The moments with Applejack and Applebloom having fun and laughing was absolutely adorable and cute to watch... I was smiling throughout this episode. The ending of the episode when Rarity actually got dirty to participate in that sister's competition was very cute and nice. It was also interesting to actually see that it's Twilight's first time being absent. I guess ever since Princess Celestia told the ponies in "Lesson Zero" that each pony writes their own friendship lesson for now on... it was true and no joke. Spike also made an appearance at the very end of the episode which is also good and Spike's only line at the very end of the episode was good as well. This episode alsohad a few funny parts such as Granny Smith's part, Applebloom repeatedly telling Sweetie Belle "One day" when Sweetie Belle is going to be Applejack's little sister for a day, and one or two more funny parts that I can't remember. It was also good to see Rarity and SweetieBelle's parents for the first time. Overall, an excellent episode of "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic"... fans will definitely adore this episode. 10/10