My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

The Cutie Pox

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Nov 12, 2011 on The Hub

• Secret and lies

Apple Bloom are getting fake cutie marks. In the school and in Ponyville Apple Bloom show her new skills. But it backfires. Here are some lighthearted fun. 10/10
  • An excellent episode for the Cutie Mark Crusaders!

In my opinion, I thought that this episode of Friendship is Magic was one of the best episodes ever involving the Cutie Mark Crusaders with many funny things in it, and a good lesson at the end. It starts out with Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and Scootaloo trying to get their cutie marks in bowling, but when that fails, Applebloom feels it's unfair. She goes to Zecora's hut where she finds a potion to help give her a cutie mark and without thinking, drinks it. The next day at school, Applebloom "earns" her cutie mark and can Loopdy Loop, but as her act for her class goes on, she gets another talent, spinning plates, and the whole town sees it and cheer for the former blank flank filly. At the Sweet Apple Acre Homestead, Applejack and her family are proud of Applebloom, but when Applebloom gets a cutie mark in tap dancing and can't stop, her big sister takes her to the Ponyville Library. At the library, Twilight Sparkle and Spike help find what's causing Applebloom's strangeness and they all find out that it's Cutie Pox, a disease that appears out of nowhere and has no known cure, so they decide to head to Zecora's hut for a cure. Soon Applebloom gets more and more cutie marks like lifting weights, speaking French, and so much more. The town learns of the disease and panics and hides away. Zecora then comes into town and learns of what has happened and does have the cure, the Seeds of Truth, where they must be planted and somepony needs to tell the truth. At first Pinkie Pie tries to confess to eating some corn cakes, but it doesn't work, but then Applebloom confesses to making a potion and that all her cutie marks are fakes, making the seeds grow and a flower appear. Applebloom is given the cure and all her cutie marks disappear and everything is back to normal. Applebloom apologizes for stealing the potion and for lying to Sweetie and Scootaloo for lying about her mark, saying she was really desperate. Applebloom then takes a Friendship Report and learns tha tit takes patience for the thing you desire the most, to come.....for at least two minutes. Our episode ends with the three CMC going off into the Everfree Forest to learn how to make potions. While not one of my all time favorite episodes of this show, I still have to say it was just awesome and funny. Seeing the various skills Applebloom did was funny like speaking French and spinning like a tornado. I also loved how Twilight's hair was made to look like Rarity's and how all the Mane 6 made cameo appearances. I also loved the scene with Granny Smith in it and how she tried to move. This was an excellent episode overall and has a lot of good laughs in it, I recommend it for all to enjoy.

FINAL SCORE: 10/10

• Applebloom finally earns her cutie mark... OR does she?

When Apple Bloom learns about a special plant that Zecora has that can make your deepest desire come true, she uses it on herself to get her cutie mark. But the plant does too good of a job as dozens of cutie marks start to appear on Apple Bloom's body. I thought that this was an excellent episode of "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic". It doesn't really beat last week's episode "Sisterhood Social" but it still gets a perfect score because this episode was non-stop enjoyable and there was nothing wrong about this one. I loved how we got to see most of the main character's cameo appearances except for Fluttershy. I don't think I saw Fluttershy make a cameo appearance in this episode. The main characters that did have the biggest role was probably Applejack and Twilight at least in the second half of the episode. This episode revolves around the Cutie Mark Crusaders... mostly Applebloom but it's one of their best episodes ever. Applebloom getting dozens of cutie marks... only to find out that she has a disease called The Cutie Pox was very funny. Applebloom's many talents were hilarious such as when she was playing chess, training or slinging lions, being tornado (Taz-type of tornado), and more. I also laughed super hard when Pinkie Pie was making a confession to try to make the truth seeds grow especially when Pinkie Pie said "Make it stop". I also really enjoyed Zecora's appearance and the friendship lesson at the end of the episode was wonderful. Overall, one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders best episode ever... too bad Applebloom lost all of her cutie marks but hopefully she, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle earn their cutie marks soon. 10/10