My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Wonderbolts Academy

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Dec 15, 2012 on The Hub

• Good, refreshing, entertaining episode but it does have problems

This wasn't as good as last week's episode so sure but still beats that poor "Magic Duel". I don't know, I'm a huge fan of this show but I'm not the biggest fan when it comes to Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash was good here and like what That_TV_Dude said, she wasn't jerk in this episode compared to some of the Season 2 episodes in which I really agree with him on. I liked this episode people, I really did like it but there are issues that I've had. One, it's the same problem that That_TV_Dude had which was that the Wonderbolts Academy commander's voice was kinda off and tried too hard to make it sound like a military voice. Two, as much as I love Pinkie Pie she actually annoyed me in this episode because she was waiting for Rainbow Dash's letter and she would get panicky plus the fact that she was talking so damn much while panicking and it just got so annoying, old, and a bit repetitive and didn't find it funny at all. Third, Lighting Dust kinda got on my nerves and actually reminded me of Trixie at times (ugh!!! still thinking about "Magic Duel") and didn't like how she pushes the slow flyers out of the way and just got cocky too. Fourth, the episode was SO DAMN LOW of humor and when I watch an episode of this show, I want to laugh as well and I actually didn't laugh at all in this episode to be honest... MAYBE a couple of chuckles but no LAUGHS at all from me here unfortunately and that's one of the things that disappoints me because I want to laugh and I didn't laugh at all in this episode... MAYBE a couple of chuckles but it doesn't hold as a laugh. Finally, the episode near the end was just so rushed, so predictable, and cliched too. Rainbow Dash stands up to Spitfire (I think that's the commander's name) and then Spitfire responds with "What are you trying to say Rainbow Dash?" then Rainbow Dash responds "I quit"... I HATE hearing those same old lines and at least not make it too cliched plus the commender coming back and saying how Rainbow Dash is right and blah blah blah plus the pacing felt rushed near the end. What I did like about the episode was the storyline as a whole (even though it's got problems), all of the Rainbow Dash and Lightning Dust flying up and racing each other plus going through those badass obstables at the Wonder Bolts academy, and I was happy to see Rainbow Dash save her friends from the tornado. I know it' sounds I'm more complaining than actually saying good things about this episode but I do actually like it, it just isn't my favorite and it was actually a bit of a letdown. So in my opinion, this was a good, refreshing, and entertaining episode but it could've been done so much more better and if those all of those problems didn't exist then BOOM it would've been amazing... good for what it was so give it a watch... I wouldn't really rush to see this episode though just actually watch it when you're bored or actually have time that's my suggestion. 7/10