(ended 1992)

New series

dontebell

[1]Oct 23, 2010
    • level: 7

A New My little Pony seriesis now airingon the Hub channel

http://www.hubworld.com/my-little-pony/shows/friendship-is-magic

Edited on 10/23/2010 2:40pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[2]Oct 23, 2010
    • level: 66
    I'm a recent fan of My Little Pony. Not too long ago, I got hooked on the so-called "G3" releases - The Runaway Rainbow, Princess Promenade, A Very Pony Place and so on. I get The Hub, but I have to admit, I took a look about five minutes of this show and bolted. The appearance and animation style of the series really irks me compared to what I saw on the DVD releases and I'm not feeling the characters. Does anyone else feel the same way, or does it get better? The people at TV Tropes seem to like it, so maybe I need to give it more of a chance...
    Edited on 10/23/2010 2:57pm

Kauaimon

[3]Oct 31, 2010
    • level: 16
    I like it, I mean the animation...takes some getting used to...but I like it.

rapturerogue

[4]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 45
    agent_0042 wrote:
    I'm a recent fan of My Little Pony. Not too long ago, I got hooked on the so-called "G3" releases - The Runaway Rainbow, Princess Promenade, A Very Pony Place and so on. I get The Hub, but I have to admit, I took a look about five minutes of this show and bolted. The appearance and animation style of the series really irks me compared to what I saw on the DVD releases and I'm not feeling the characters. Does anyone else feel the same way, or does it get better? The people at TV Tropes seem to like it, so maybe I need to give it more of a chance...

No, I'm with you. It's not just the animation (which seems more suited to an internet flash cartoon), the storytelling is just not there. I hate these kinds of cartoons that are basically shiny objects in tv episode form to attract the attention of young children, but offer them little to keep their attention. My friend's 4-year-old loves the original MLP cartoons, but even she won't sit for this new show!

EmberDP

[5]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 13
    It took me a while to "warm up" to the new style but I do like Twilight Sparkle because she acts very much like I do. Nightmare Moon is my top favorite though.

BlackTulip009

[6]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 12

I can understand being skeptical (I was) and perhaps a bit reluctant to accept the drastic changes that have been made to the world's perception of My Little Pony by the "G4" show...but if you give it even one small chance, you'll probably agree that those changes actually are incalculably for the better. I'm one of the thousands who've absolutely fallen in love with Friendship is Magic and could sing its praises all day long.

agent_0042

[7]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 66
    I gave it a chance and I'm now a total convert! I completely agree. It is a wonderful show! The storytelling is there, most of the time, and there's a lot of excellent humor as well. And I'm thrilled that it's going to have a second season.