My Little Pony

(ended 1992)

rapturerogue

My Little Pony Fan Reviews (9)

• Yuck.

Based on one of the most beloved toylines of the 1980's, My Little Pony started out as a couple of animated specials and a feature film before finally becoming a cartoon series. Its various incarnations told the adventures of the little ponies and all of their friends as they lived in the beautiful Dream Valley. There were literally dozens of ponies of all different colors and they were divided into Earth ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasus ponies. All were fundamentally magical beings and each had a small picture on her back that reflected her name or personality.

The ponies' most cherished friend is Megan, a young girl of about 13 who was brought to Ponyland to help them in their darkest hour. She continued to visit her friends and often served as leader when trouble struck. Eventually, her younger brother Danny (probably 11) and sister Molly (around 9) met the ponies, and the three of them came to stay in Ponyland for extended visits.

There were many different beings who lived in Ponyland besides the ponies. Those who were seen most frequently were Spike (a baby dragon), the Moochick (an absent-minded magician), the Bushwoolies (multicolored fur balls who all seemed to act as one) and the Grundles (friendly troll creatures who tunneled underground). They were always willing to lend a hand when a lesson needed to be learned or villains threatened Dream Valley.

The show featured original songs and lessons about teamwork, love, kindness, and bravery. The stories began as 15-minute episodes, but eventually they were expanded into multi-part 15-minute episodes. These were shown alongside other cartoons in a half-hour block titled "My Little Pony and Friends" which included The Moon Dreamers and The Potato Head Kids before being given their own half-hour time slot.

In 1992 the Disney Channel would create a new series featuring brand-new ponies with a more preteen spin on the storylines called My Little Pony Tales, which is featured in this guide as Season 3. The Disney Channel would continue to show these episodes for many years in syndication.

My review: This show is completely unwatchable, please refer to My Little Pony Friendship is Magic k?

1/10 F

• I loved this show so much when I was young like 3 or 4 and watching it again brings back good memories of when cartoons had morals and where actually age appropriate !!!

The movies where what I really loved, I have to admit that I dont really remember what happened in the TV show but I will always has it as one of my favorite Childhood Classics !! Basically it is centered around a girl named megan who meets a pony that has wings and can talk. I cant rember her name at the moment But she brings her back to the dream castle and they set out on a mission to find the rainbow of light and to save the ponys from midnight castle. This was the first movie that set off the Tv show. I havent watched the new episodes simply because Im too old now and I hate when they change things from the way they where. Ill leave the new episodes for the kids of today but for people like me who where born around 1982 I loved it and Im sure Im not the only one. Its always fun to have a reminder of where you where young and had an imagination !!!! Oh and Point of fact my fav was Apple jack !!!!
  • This animation is what childhood needs!

I don't know why people think that My little pony is a waste of time, you know I dont think so.

I grew up with My little pony and I enjoyed my childhood, I act like a child... Nowdays the kids act like teenagers with bradz (or what ever it writes) and my scene the girls only concern about fashion, boys and things that are not proper for them... I think that girls must live her childhood, the world need woman not lots of fake Paris Hilton!

Anyway now My Little Pony come back but indeed they're different, I dont like the animation very much but is better than nothing, isn't it???
  • I would rate it higher if I was at the right age.

See this show is fairly interesting. I'm sure girls between the ages of 4 and 7.5 would like this show. But you see I'm not between those ages so you would guess I'm not giving this show a 10. But I still like this show since I'm a girl and all and I enjoy watching it with my little sister. This isn't compltetly stupid like some shows. (Teletubbies,Wiggles, etc.. Just watch it you'll see and compared to some other kids shows it is pretty good! Go My Little Pony! You know and all that other stuff. Though it is quite girly.
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony, You'll always be in my heart!(the lyrics to the song on the commercials)

4.3
    What the hell is this? they have blown up with the merchandise and now made a show of it what the heck it's too girly for anyone especially older girls it's about some stupid ponies who do nothing but girls' stuff i have never watched it but it sounds way crappy *sigh* stuff like this is getting boring if your'e looking for a show that sucks then this is the show for you and if you hate shows that suck watch a good show like SpongeBob SquarePants or The Ren and Stimpy Show but don't bother wasting your time watching this pile of crap.
  • I hate this show! WAY too girly!

I hate this show so much, and I'm even a girl! It was so annoying and the characters were sickingly sweet. Eww! The ponies were like all "pure" and acted like they never did wrong and were always on their best behaviour. Right...
    It also sterotypes girls into thinking we all want to be a Princess. Well guess what? I don't give a damn! The plots were very predictable, and I always ignored this show because it never suited my tastes...at all!

I'd recommend shows which are better for children, like Gummi Bears or Care Bears. Now THEY were true classics!
  • ...

Man what the hell is suposed to be its basicly a doll but now the a cursed dool has become a 3d pain in my side so it can burn in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!boo booo boo boo boo boo boo boo boo boo boo boo hiss hiss hiss hiss hiss hiss hiss.
  • huh??

omg I love my little pony. The rainbows are so sparkly and pretty. firefly is my favourite pony. She is so kick butt. i also like rainbow dash, hehehe, firefly is cool too. i love it! he he he he he he he he he he he he he he
  • I had a few recorded from tv and about 15 mlps, but now I have increased my collection thanks to ebay, after feeling guilty about selling them in a yard sale. I even sold Mimic for 75 cents and now she is worth like 50 to 75 DOLLARS.

I loved My Little Ponies growing up. I had a few recorded from tv and about 15 mlps, but now I have increased my collection after feeling guilty about selling my mlps in a yard sale. I have been buying mlps on ebay. I can't believe I sold Mimic for 75 cents in a yard sale and now she is worth like 50 to 75 DOLLARS. I Hate myself.