My Little Pony

(ended 1992)

rapturerogue

My Little Pony Fan Reviews (9)

• Yuck.

Based on one of the most beloved toylines of the 1980's, My Little Pony started out as a couple of animated specials and a feature film before finally becoming a cartoon series. Its various incarnations told the adventures of the little ponies and all of their friends as they lived in the beautiful Dream Valley. There were literally dozens of ponies of all different colors and they were divided into Earth ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasus ponies. All were fundamentally magical beings and each had a small picture on her back that reflected her name or personality.

The ponies' most cherished friend is Megan, a young girl of about 13 who was brought to Ponyland to help them in their darkest hour. She continued to visit her friends and often served as leader when trouble struck. Eventually, her younger brother Danny (probably 11) and sister Molly (around 9) met the ponies, and the three of them came to stay in Ponyland for extended visits.

There were many different beings who lived in Ponyland besides the ponies. Those who were seen most frequently were Spike (a baby dragon), the Moochick (an absent-minded magician), the Bushwoolies (multicolored fur balls who all seemed to act as one) and the Grundles (friendly troll creatures who tunneled underground). They were always willing to lend a hand when a lesson needed to be learned or villains threatened Dream Valley.

The show featured original songs and lessons about teamwork, love, kindness, and bravery. The stories began as 15-minute episodes, but eventually they were expanded into multi-part 15-minute episodes. These were shown alongside other cartoons in a half-hour block titled "My Little Pony and Friends" which included The Moon Dreamers and The Potato Head Kids before being given their own half-hour time slot.

In 1992 the Disney Channel would create a new series featuring brand-new ponies with a more preteen spin on the storylines called My Little Pony Tales, which is featured in this guide as Season 3. The Disney Channel would continue to show these episodes for many years in syndication.

My review: This show is completely unwatchable, please refer to My Little Pony Friendship is Magic k?

1/10 F