My Mother the Car Forums

NBC (ended 1966)

Thoroughly enjoyable, funny, escapist, clean entertainment!!

BriNChatt

[1]Aug 8, 2009
    • level: 2

This show was definately ahead of it's time. After all, the first 2 episodes were filmed without a laugh track! Many modern comedies that are considered great are done without laugh tracks: Arrested Development and Scrubs to name two! MMTC should be re-made! Jerry van Dyke did an outstanding job! The car is AWESOME!!

This show definately does NOT deserve the mantra of "worst show of all time".....I think that should go to "The Office"!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Shilohbloo

[2]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 3

Completely agree with all but the comment on "The Office". "My Mother the Car" is much fun to watch over & over again. Whoever voted for it to be in the league of worst shows has rocks in their heads! There are so many boring, bad, perverted and disgusting shows out there, that I can't even imagine what the voters were on when they gave that idiotic, nonsensical award to this show!! Just a sign of the times, folks. And poor Jerry Van Dyke and company, have to listen to that crap!

Edited on 07/23/2010 7:45am
    Edited 2 total times.

Shilohbloo

[3]Jul 23, 2010
    • level: 3

Okay, the more I think on it, the more ticked I get! 2nd Worst?!!! DID THEY EVEN FRIGGEN WATCH THE FREAKIN SHOW???!!!!!! Clearly NOT! They just grabbed onto the title nameand ran with it. So pathetic... and so very indicitive of what this world has become. Absolutely pathetic.

When you really watch, the talent of the cast and the sincerety between them shows through. You get the feeling that they all really liked eachother and working together. Add that to the fun and innocence of theseries and you have one of the betterviews out there, NOT WORST!!! Seriously ticked off at the idiocy of people and Hollywood.

Edited on 07/23/2010 7:58am