My Name Is Earl

Faked My Own Death

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 11, 2005 on NBC

• Earl tries to make amends to a past lover

Earl tries to make amends to a past lover by telling her why he faked his death to get away from her. At first, with advice from the hot Catalina (I never saw how hot she was until this episode ... some cleavage and a nice bikini) he tries to tell his ex that it was all him and that he was not good enough for her. He is so nice to her that she falls in love with him and gets all clingy. So Earl has to tell her the truth ... basically that she is a crazy clingy girl. This sends her off in a huff and she "kills" herself a few hours later. While laying a flower on her at her funeral, Earl is scared sh*tless when his ex grabs his arm. She faked her own death to get back at him. Now she has her confidence and Earl crosses her off the list.
  • My name is Earl is an unusual show about Karma, and Carson Daily (depends how you look at it)

Earl is trying to help his karma cause he hasnt been too great. So he and his friend go on a journey to help the people he hurt. I wasnt to fond for this show becuase i believed it to be unoriginal, and not too funny. the first episode only had me laughing for a little bit, and im easy to make laugh. Thats why i give this show a thumnbes down in the ratings. If maybe they had a better plot and there was a better concept i would like it. But this show doesnt have that concept 2005 needs. So if you want to watch great TV, dont go to this
  • This is the funniest EP so far. I loved the idea of faking your own death to get out of a relationship... haha. And of course the excellent acting done by the beautiful guest star, Beth Riesgraf. One gotta love her! ;)

• How to fake our death to get out of relationship 101.

This is the funniest EP so far. I loved the idea of faking your own death to get out of a relationship... haha. The sory line for this one was so great breraking off a relationship by fakeing or death that is great. Again this show shows how this show gives everyone a great morel.
  • Really let the co-stars shine but I wish it had included Joy and Darnell too. Still, well-written and funny.

This was a good example of the whole "kharma" thing. Earl realized he had to do the right thing but there was disagreement over how to do it. Catalina gives him some advice and so does Randy and tries to follow the advice but realizes that honesty is kharma's best policy. Catalina and Randy are played really great in this episode (and Catalina in a bikinii does not hurt either). The good job done by Dax Sheppard is also a big plus and helps to keep it funny. Great job.
  • Very off the wall but also very funny!

The show was a Halloween show as Earl goes to a party
    And falls in love with someone but when the costume of hers
    Falls off! It becomes apparent to him as he tries to end the relationship by faking his own death!
    Again very funny and off the wall as well as letting the co-stars shine in this one! Well-written and well-acted!
  • Are you gonna tell her that he's alive? She thinks he's dead, but he's not. He's not dead. He's living. He's alive. He's not dead like she thinks he is.

Classic Earl – faking his own death to get out of a committed relationship with a crazy woman – both entertaining and in depth to Earl’s character on just how low he used to sink.

The highlights of this hilarious episode are Randy’s slow thinking, Dirk and the shower caps and Randy putting the six month old sausages back in the store.

I found this episode very entertaining and while it wasn’t the best so far (out of episodes 1, 2, 9, 8 and 4 that have aired crazily so far) it is definitely worth watching, the end being a very amusing finish to a great episode of Earl.
  • Well, I guess faking your death is one way to break up with someone...it's probably better in the longterm to dump them via email though :p

Okay, so it's the fourth episode and already I'm hooked on this series. It's totally original and has a great cast with excellent writers.
    Earl meets a biker girl at a bar and ends up spending the night with her. Next morning he wakes up to discover that the "biker chick" he slept with was in fact a clingy, needy woman called Natalie that was in fancy dress that night. Soon Earl is looking for the fastest escape route...cue Randy going round to Natalie's to tell her that Earl died at sea and if she wanted she could keep Earl's shirt.
    A few years later, Earl comes across Natalie in a convenience store and decides to cross her off his list. Natalie reveals that she is happy with new boyfriend Dirk, so Earl wants to cross her off his list. But he can't find a pen, which is apparently karma's way of saying "no, don't cross her off yet"
    Things get complicated when Dirk fakes his own death to get away from Natalie, who then re-discovers her love for Earl...
    :D
  • What a great episode! Another scintillating instalment!

This is another really amazing show which I was dying to see! hThe episode's name already makes it sound like it is going to be fantastic, and I must admit, it really was fantastic.

While it was really awful to tell someone that you have died, at least Earl made up for it, and it really led to an amazing sequence of events. The scene at the funeral was super freaky and incredibly hilarious, and it really made this an incredible and spectacular episode!

Overall, this is definitely going to go down as a personal favorite, and I'd highly eredocommend it! Quite simply, it was sensational, funny and interesting. It had all the elements of a great episode, and much, much more!