My Name Is Earl Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

The end of Earl

drumstel

[1]May 23, 2009
    • level: 5
    I'm really really, disappointed by the network execs. I know that Earl isn't a big numbers show, it's just that kind of show that you can watch when you feel bad and need someting to really laugh at. Earl was a little lite at the end of a dark tunnel on television land. With some of the best jokes you could make up. I really going to miss Earl, Randy, Joy, Crabman, and al the weird characters form Camden USA.....HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON IN SOME OTHER SHOW or better MAKE A NEW SMITH MOVIE....ALL TOGETHER NOW.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zutra

[2]May 23, 2009
    • level: 4
    Actually, I decided not to watch Earl anymore after summer (before I learned it got cancelled), so I guess the creators thought there would be more people like me...

InvasionFanbOy

[3]May 25, 2009
    • level: 8
    i watched only season 1... earl was a crap show that will soon beforgotten.. its nothing to cry about.. get over it..

nayris

[5]May 25, 2009
    • level: 3
    InvasionFanbOy wrote:
    i watched only season 1... earl was a crap show that will soon beforgotten.. its nothing to cry about.. get over it..
    You're a MORON, it's not crap and it will not be forgotten. It's about the only good show that NBC had and it has been getting better.

omega_dog

[6]May 26, 2009
    It's better than most of the shows on NBC and it wasn't that low on the ratings to just up and cancel it. Chances are the network execs are cheap idiots and figure that they would make more money on reality shows.

InvasionFanbOy

[7]May 26, 2009

@nayris

let's face it, it's declined a lot in quality from the first season. if you cant admit this then your the only moron here.... so lets be honest, in the end it was just a crap show. now if this was the best nbc had to show for, then nbc is also crap, period!.

anchysss

[8]May 26, 2009
    • level: 2

my name is earl is the best show that NBC has to offer at the moment, and to cancelled is the worst idea ever!!!

and reality shows suck!! all of them!

robodog1000

[9]May 27, 2009
    • level: 16
    InvasionFanbOy wrote:

@nayris

let's face it, it's declined a lot in quality from the first season. if you cant admit this then your the only moron here.... so lets be honest, in the end it was just a crap show. now if this was the best nbc had to show for, then nbc is also crap, period!.

Sure the show has not been as good as it was in the first season, but i sure don't want the show to leave on a cliffhanger like it did especially when i thought it improved after the awkward season 3. You got some nerve to call someone a moron just because they still find the show valuable, but hey if someone is a moron for liking a show past its value then i guess all the fans are big morons to you and other haters. (Id rather be watching this than all those reality shows on the air)
    Edited on 05/27/2009 12:28pm

om369

[10]May 28, 2009
    • level: 1
    I think before they really end Earl they should wrap things up and not just cancel like that without finishing the storyline ... like with who is Dodge's dad and who is really Earl Jr's father too thhen the words to be continued flashed across the screen ...

joxerlives

[11]Jun 27, 2009
    • level: 6
    Goodbye to Earl, the closest we'll ever really get to a live actions simpsons. Many US comedies mock rednecks but MNIE did it with charm and affection, he'll be missed. I like to think like Angel still out there fighting his dragon Earl is still out ther, doing his list

Final_One

[12]Jun 29, 2009
    • level: 5
    Actually, Angel was continued as a comic-book first called Angel: After the Fall and later renamed to just Angel. It continues the storyline from the show.

escritora84

[13]Jun 29, 2009
    • level: 9

I was surprised when I heard this was getting cancelled -- I mean, it wasn't a great ratings giant, but it was still very funny. I just started watching the show only a short time, but I felt like it jumped the shark when Alyssa Milano and Paris Hilton guest starred...

Mark11cox

[14]Jun 30, 2009
    I liked earl, I kept up to date with American Tv & watched from start to finish. Honestly though, it's not the biggest loss. I miss it but not enough. I miss Reaper and The Shield a whole load more. They were two good shows!!

PaaCs

[15]Jul 1, 2009
    • level: 4

so no more EARL ... oh man... this sux !!!

but y they cancelled it?!!! other than it had a decrease in number of viewers !!....

ionic-shade

[18]Jul 14, 2009
    lol dude u make your life seem so suicidal, you dont have to be depressed in order to watch the show, the show is all in all a very good show its well planned and hilarious this show f-ing rules and the only reason why the ended it was because of writers strikes and the network needed space, i miss this show...

frederikfrey

[19]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 7
    I really miss earl

blacktee03

[20]Jul 27, 2009
    robodog1000 wrote:
    InvasionFanbOy wrote:

@nayris

Sure the show has not been as good as it was in the first season, but i sure don't want the show to leave on a cliffhanger like it did especially when i thought it improved after the awkward season 3. You got some nerve to call someone a moron just because they still find the show valuable, but hey if someone is a moron for liking a show past its value then i guess all the fans are big morons to you and other haters. (Id rather be watching this than all those reality shows on the air)

I agree, i hate reality tv. its basically false advertising callin it "reality" when the only thing real about those shows are the people. If anything else good comes up and gets canceled after less than 5 seasons im quitin nbc, not watchin another show. cause nbc has a bad habit of cancel some of there best shows just because the ratings drop at little bit. earl was one of the few good comedy shows left on nbc, i havent seen anything great since Frasier. first the black donnellys, my name is earl, and now kings. hopefully nbc will wise up and figure out the show's they have left are complete garbage. now they're runnin the biggest loser for 2 hours, and they got rid of earl to repeat an episode of law & order svu, whats the point of gettin rid of it if u cant put an actual show in its place instead of running a repeat of an episode that came on 2 nights before. im gettin tired of nbc.