My Name Is Earl

Kept a Guy Locked In a Truck

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 18, 2007 on NBC

• The guy that Earl once locked in a trunk is killed in a freak accident and Earl feels obligated to do something to make sure hes remembered.After a disasterous attempt at a funeral,he makes a discovery that makes sure that the dead man is remembered.

Another terrific episode which deals with death in a humorous and suprisingly manner.There is also a B plot dealing with Randy and Catalina getting an apartment,which is actually tied in to the A plot.I love how Earl tries to think of a eulogy.And a major breakthrough as Joy performs her first act of unselfishness,thanks to a nightmare.Of course,Im sure Joy will be back to being her old nasty self by next week,but its interesting to see how Jaime Pressley has made this character likeable in spite of her meanness.Once again,although these people are not the smartest or the most worldly,their humanity shows through.I still find it hard to believe that this show is produced by the same people that did the unextraordinary and mundane sit-com "Yes Dear".
TBS