My Name Is Earl

Our Other Cops Is On! Part 2

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 01, 2007 on NBC

7.7
  • Another episode of COPS airs in prison that documents earlier incidents involving Earl, Randy, Joy... etc. The episode of COPS takes place on July 4, 2002 mostly in neighborhoods and an Independence Day Fair held in Camden.

The episode gives insight into the lives of many characters of how they were years earlier, and also shows how they evolved into what they have become today. I think a lot of people are missing the great satire presented in this episode that reminded me of the way South Park pokes fun at people. This episode shows how the characters on the show evolved over time, and in doing so showed how our country has evolved into whatever it is today. You have to see the episode for what it is to truly understand its subtle brilliance packed with obvious physical humor. Some of the topics of satire include torture, freedom fries, and generic American ignorance. It shows how quick Americans react in terms of unrational panic, Muslims, and police brutality. It may have rubbed some the wrong way, but I personally thought it was a very funny and clever episode. Those who complain about a lack of moral story wrapping up the episode are not seeing the episode the way it was intended.