My Name Is Earl

NBC (ended 2009)

My Name Is Earl Fan Reviews page 10 of 16

• funny show

i watched the pilot of this show on channel 4 in the uk and thought it was funny. although not as funny as some comedys out there i think you'll enjoy the show if you stick with it. jason lee is great as earl , and the chemistry with his on screen brother randy is great. a funny show with a likeable cast.
  • Karma. You gotta love it.

Karma. You gotta love it. This phrase is commonly said during the show, whih is halarious. The show revolves around Earl Hickey, who did bad things, but is not a bad person. He is now attempting to fix his life through Karma. This show is very funny and i recomend it to anyone who wants to be entertained and believes in the saying, "It's gonna come back to bite you in the butt".
  • Great new show, i just can't get enough of Earl and Randy.

My Name Is Earl is the best new show i ever saw. When
    i first time hear about that show, i wasn't very attractive to it, but when i saw the first episode i just cant get enough of it. Earl and Randy are the best roles in the show. Randy is so stupid i just can't belive. He is so funny that i have sometimes my
    pants wett (joke). Joy is also very funny with her accent. Actually all of them are very very funny, but they must be together as a team, then is the show most funny.
    If you like to laugh, then is that show the right thing for you!
  • The Greatest Show

Este es uno de las mejores series que eh mirado en la historia ya que Earl no solo tiene que tachar de su lista las coasa malas que ha hecho sino que cada vez que quiere hacerlo siempre le pasa algo y tiene que remediarlo y es ahi donde esta lo chistoso.
  • [recensione in italiano]

Jason Lee l'ho apprezzato nei film di Kevin Smith. E' un comico nato, purtroppo poco conosciuto qui da noi. Il suo talento emerge in questa commedia tipicamente americana, grottesca,ma non troppo... Situazioni e personaggi sono riconducibili a quella fetta di popolazione denominata con spregio "white trash". Ignoranti, nullafacenti che popolano i quartieri poveri dei bianchi americani. Qui però non solo viene ridicolizzato l'americano dei bassifondi (molto più sfigato di homer simpson), ma viene lanciato con ironia un messaggio di speranza. Earl infatti può riscattarsi...ed il sogno americano continuare...forse...perchè con Jason Lee non si può mai sapere!
  • Greatest new NBC Thursday line-up show

This is one of my favortie new shows on T.V. right now it's got a great morel which many kids, and adults can learn from. It's just a great show that makes you feel that you can make a difference in the world and their are other people that want to make the world a better place.
  • My name is Earl is a instant classic

This is one of my top 10 best shows but there is one wired thing about this show well my dad is named earl right and the earl in this show look exactly like my dad from the 90s isn’t that weird but this show is a good show the acting is so freaking great and this show should never end this show is going to become one of the great shows of TV history if you don’t believe me that its that great watch it and you will find out how good this show is and i like that the show has moved to Thursday so have fun and go out and watch it.
  • Saver of 'The Office' and my Thursday nights.

I think it's safe to say that if Earl hadn't come along, The Office wouldn't be here. That said, this is the best damn comedy on television. It's probably the only sitcom I can actually say I WANT to watch. I mean, Raymond was okay and I watch it when it was on, but I never sought it out. Earl is the exact opposite. I actually get pissy if I miss it. Crabman = my best firend.
  • Looking for a crackpot comedy with a twist? Hurry and take a look at My Name is Earl!

My Name Is Earl is a fantastic new comedy series, and already one of my all-time favorites!

This series revolves around Earl, a sonuvabitch redneck who is always pulling stuff ranging from stealing the car of his one legged girlfriend, to siphoning gas from other peoples cars. This changed when Earl learned about karma: a concept that states if you do good you get good in return, while the same applies for bad.

Since Earl is no saint, karma hits him in the noggin quite often. However, when Earl is run over by a car after winning 100.000 dollars in a lottery he decides to better himself. He makes a list with all the bad things he did, and he has to make all of them right to get a better life in return.

Earl gets support from his brother Randy, a dim witted, influential but goodhearted big lug of a man, and Catalina, an illegal immigrant who’s also the hottest cleaning ladies around. Other supporting characters include his white trash ex-wife Joy and her black husband ‘Crab-man’ Darnell.

My Name Is Earl is one of the most refreshing series of late, with a great leading character played by Jason Lee. Great humor, great supporting cast and every time some kind of happy ending…my kind of show!
  • I Love This Show.

I Love This Show, Perfect Cast, Don\'t Change A Thing. I was flipping though the channels one night and found it and I\'ve been watching it ever sense. I would like to see this show stay on the air for years. I would like to get this on DVD. Jason Lee is a cutie.
  • Different look for comedies and NBC...

This show is funny and creative. It is far different than any show NBC or other networks have put out (except for shows like Arrested Development) and will be a show that changes the course of television comedies. Hopefully, this will show networks that laugh tracks every 2 seconds and poor, cookie-cutter jokes just don't do it anymore.
  • How refreshing!!!!

Okay, Can someone please say FUNNY with a capital FUNNY?? I was completely shocked at how wonderful this show is. It had me laughing so hard I was crying. Also it had me thinking about my own Karma. Earl is great! Everyone needs one of him... Anyone who does not like this show must already be dead and buried! Thank you for bringing a fresh/refreshing show to the air... FINALLY! The only thing I am starting not to like is that it does not play an episode each week, and that is sad. This show is so good it should be nightly - let alone weekly (if you even get to see it that much!!!)

Thank you!

Shannon

Indian Orchard, MA
  • eu nao gostei desse seriado pq eu achei ele mto enchoativo cheio de voltas e voltas nao vai direto ao assunto sabe

4.5
    mais a pior coisa q tem nesse my name is earl é ele msm ele é completamente burro ninguem consegue ser mais burro do q ele q cara q ganha na loteria vai pro meio da pista e fecha os olhos?NINGUEM eu acho iso uma babaquise foi a pior coisa q a fox fez nesses ultimos anos
  • comedy that brings back plain good humor! original, funny, unique

Earl is a comedy that brings back fond memories of comedies in the past. It's good old fashioned funny. What a unique idea! Off-beat bad boy goes on a quest to clean up his life and right wrong-doings. We need more comedies like this. Not a whole lot of thought needed to enjoy. People just want to be entertained. We get enough from the news and day-to-day happenings so it's a relief to sit down in front of the tv and let earl make us laugh.
  • It's hard for me to say this is one of my favourite shows ever, because it's only been around for one season, but I can say that this is the best new show in almost 10 years.

Earl is incredibly funny, and every episode has some sort of heart warming message. The show may be a little too "redneck" for some people, but I love it. The acting is great, I love every one of the characters I've seen. I was a little turned away from it after the first episode (where he helped a guy come out of the closet), but I've loved every episode since then. I personally hope that this show lasts at least another five years.
  • its one of the better shows on tv compared to arrested or curb

this show is pretty cool. i only saw one episode when they introduced the same chick who played sally stickwell in arrested development (her name in this how is alex). but yeah.....i like this show, i hope it lasts a while, its not a crap show lik the oc or real world haha
  • Man wins lottery and decides to improve his Karma by un-doing all of the bad he has done in the past.

A co-worker turned me on to this show. Every Wednesday morning (when the show was stil on Tuesday nights), he'd come in and quote something from "Earl". His quoting and summaries of the show were so funny that I had to check out the show myself.

I laughed so hard the first time I saw it and also felt a little uncomfortable because these guys (Earl and all of his cohorts) remind me a lot of the redneck, white trash family I left behind almost 2 decades ago.

I love the list and all of the trials and tribulations that Earl has to go through to do his good deed for the day.

The only negative for me is that it now runs opposite CSI which I never miss. I end up taping EARL and watching CSI and then watching EARL on the weekend.

Thank you to NBC for actually having something "MUST SEE" again.
  • This is a NEW FRESH sitcom!!! A nice way to sit down after a hard day- and find out what happens next to Earl!! Who is he scratching off his list this week.

I think this show is wonderful. It\\\'s new. I\\\'ve not seen anything done in sitcoms like this before. Living in todays society, knowing right from wrong- and what people chose to do in everyday situations??? And Earl\\\'s background, (tralior-park, his ex-wife Joy, her new husband crab-man, and Randy, and the hotel maid Catalina, not to mention his list to make up for all he bad things he\\\'s done). Who ever thought this show up is a genius, and trendsetter to the sitcom world. I\\\'m wwaitting for My Name is Earl first season to be on DVD, because I\\\'m buying it just as soon as it comes out.
  • Karma; everyone blames Karma for everything. It's about time we had a show with a real-looking American guy, dealing with his problems!

I like the show because it shows the true Americana in the most of ways. It's not this "Supermodel Wonderwoman" trying to cross a broken nail off her Karma-list kind of thing. Earl is the typical bad-boy American and his brother is the typical fat-boy lazy, no college and no job boy. They are both funny. The comedy in this show is endless but it is also wide in variety. There's comedy for everyone, as Earl's list is really long. Each episode is going to be different. I haven't met an episode that hasn't been at least mildly humurous yet. And it's another one of those "Do good things, good things happen" kind of morals.
  • Perfect example.

First off, I can say that his show has a very good plot, and it teaches you something, that if you do a million bad things to other people, there gonna come back to haunt you. Both Earl and his brother Randy have good character; and that is the characteristics of a well thought out show.
  • Who wouldn\'t want to be with Earl? He is just a happy go lucky funny guy!

The last episode had to be one of the funniest. The bee stings and the bus stop sign were so comical. The professor seemed to be all into Earl and would make a great friend for the character to eventually come back to again . Randy is too funny in the frat house scenes.
  • the funnyiest thing to come out of the u.s in a few good years.

with freinds and frasier finished america seems to be lacking in successful comedy shows,
    what used to be cheers or freinds is now ,unfortunatly will and grace or joey. So as you can imagine ,being british myself and sick of both american and britissh shows that rely on canned laughtder, i was pleasently surprised when i turned on channel4 the other day to find a something other than big brother, and this was it.
    my name is earl stars two characters from kevin smiths mallrats, the second in the view askewniverse films, so i was intriqued and found myself laughing out loud at this funny and origional show,
    which takes the 'lovable rouge' of decades of comedy (see del boy from only fools and horses) and does something most people wouldnt do. they give him a concsience.
    earl has discovered karma, so now he and his brother randy, along with some quirky accomplices along the way have set out to right all of earls past wrongdoings, before karma kills him.
    the story is origional and the idea of the main character narrating each episode is something more akin to a drama or something like band of brothers than a comedy, the acting is easily above freinds ,more akin to cheers or fraiser they seem like this is how they act naturally all the time.
    the way each episode moves along is relatively fast paced, but not enough not to understand, just enough so that, if youve never seen an episode yet, tuning into one of the later episodes wont matter, as each episode is an item on earls 'list' and is a self contained story in its own right.
    basically if you like comedy watch it, if you dont then still watch it as i can see this as being one of the all time great american comedys of the 21st century.
  • the funnyiest thing to come out of the u.s in a few good years.

• So is it really that good? Well it pretty good!

My name is earl, how should i say, is a decent show, a good show it's not spectulary great but still you will have enough fun with it. There is a good cast and a good theme for the show. Stil it isn't by far te funniest show that was made but it will keep a smile on your face througout the episodes wich you will remember for a long time. Earl and his list aren't the greatest thing ever to be on NBC but it is still a very good, decent and most improtantly funny show. One that tastes like more.
  • Not buying the hype

After watching a few episodes with an open mind, I'm moving on. I'm sorry Earl. It's not you it's me. I just don't think you're funny. I mean when I first saw you on that promo I said to myself "Man, I'd like to get to know that quirky show with an amazing cast of actors!". But since we actually sat down and got to know each other, you just leave me wanting more. I want someone who makes me laugh and while I find you kinda amusing, I just want more. I'm sorry. Please forgive the extended metaphor, I crack myself up.
  • Outstanding, Hilarious. A comedy Masterpeice

My Name Is Earl, is without a doubt a true comedy full of laughs and a real outstanding story about a guy who did bad things and on the day something good happens. He is wound up in hospital.

He then makes up for all the bad things he has done and goes on a long quest to make up for all the bad things he did.

My Name Is Earl. a work of genious!
  • Karma is a powerful thing...

This show is absolutely wonderful! It just goes to show that Jason Lee (Earl) can make anything funny. Of course, the rest of the cast is superb as well. Earl, along with his brother Randy (played simpleminded by a brilliant Ethan Suplee) goes around "righting past wrongs" with his money he believes that Karma gave to him (the lottery is a wonderful thing). His bitter (and extremely comical) ex-wife Joy (the lovely and hysterical Jaime Pressly) at first is quite agitated that she divorced him right before he won the money (keeping both kids that really aren't his kids to begin with) and married the lovely "Crab-man"/Darnell (Eddie Steeples is great at stoicism). But now Joy has kind of fallen into a comfortable role of trying to stay as friendly as she can with Earl (and has even helped him on a few occasions). We round out or cast with the beautiful and smart Catalina (Nadine Velazquez), the maid at the hotel/motel that Randy and Earl live at (another reason to love this show! I love the simple life) whom Randy has a crush on (it is QUITE obvious he LOVES Catalina). I love to tune in each week to find out what wrong he and his crew will right and how it all falls into place (he's even making up for little things that most of us do anyway). The cast and director and everyone involved in this show are absolute geniuses!
  • Absolutely superb, this is what T.V. has needed for a long long time. I can't understand how this never won the golden globe award

I think Jason Lee and Ethan Suplee work well together in this show, it's using a classical comedy mix between an average person and a not so clever person, the best episode has to be either Teacher Earl or Stole Beer from a Golfer. I hope that NBC will continue this show to tick everything off his list.
  • A painfully unfunny series that stars Jason Lee, Ethan Suplee, and... some other people as a bunch of possibly inbred idiots.

The series is just a chore to watch, and a painful one at that. Jason Lee stars as Earl, a scumbag crook who winds up getting ahold of a winning lottery ticket. His happiness is short-lived, as he immediately gets hit by a car, loses the ticket, and gets dumped by his ***** of a wife(Jaime Pressly) that has obviously been cheating on him with a waiter Earl calls "Crabman". While hospitalized, he sees Carson Daly on TV talking about Karma, and realizes that because of doing so many wrongdoings, because of having something good happen to him that he didn't deserve, he was punished, and decides to make up for all his past sins. Almost as if in response, he winds up finding his lost lotto ticket afterwards, which he uses to help him in his quest to fix all his mistakes. So with the help of his brother(Ethan Suplee, who also appeared alongside Lee in some of Kevin Smith's films) he attempts to fix everything he's done. Unfortunately, Earl's ex has discovered about his winnings, and wants to get ahold of it in any way possible. The main problem is that just about every main character in this series has about -0.01% of intelligence. It's as if everyone in this series was an inbred hick from some remote, desolate corner of the world, and the things everyone does in this series are just incredibly stupid and annoying, not funny. If NBC had to cancel one show, this one should be it.
  • Earl is simple town crook; When he goes into a small store and buys a lottery ticket; he runs out on to the street and gets hit by a car; while in the ER he thinks of all the bad things he's done and decides to make up for them.

Earl is simple town crook; When he goes into a small store and buys a lottery ticket; he runs out on to the street and gets hit by a car; while in the ER he thinks of all the bad things he's done and decides to make up for thembecause of "KARMA". This is one of the funniest shows to come from 2005; Jason Lee collins as Earl is great his brother Randy is a bit of an idiot
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14