My Name Is Earl

NBC (ended 2009)

My Name Is Earl Fan Reviews page 2 of 16

• Pick up Earl

It sucks the show ended, I really enjoyed watching it and will miss all the good and bad times Earl had. I believe Earl was the part of us that always did bad stuff, regreted it, wanted to make for it and never did. He did it in a way to make us laugh and think about life and our surroundings how our actions effect other people and different situations. I wish the show would have lasted at least two more years cause I would have like to have seen how it ended (without being dropped). Good moral attitude, somewhat.
  • Bring it back now

Great show, I don't know why but i saw the first season one DVD when it first came out and for some reason i bought it, I was hooked on the first season. Then I started watching the second season it wasn't as good as the first season but was still very good. Season after season the show started getting worse and worse but it was still a very good show, but will never compare to the first season. I still cant believe they canceled it, it still had a lot of potential in it. And i still want to know who Earl Jr.'s real Dad is.
  • The show's character's are so stupid they are funny!

My Name Is Earl (Or Just Earl) is about this guy who used to be a criminal. One day a series of events cause him to loose a winning lottery ticket, making him believe in karma. He is not out to mend all of the bad deeds he did in his 'Past Life'. Earl, Randy, Catalina, Joy, and Crabman all come together to make this show outrageously funny. There lack of recognizing the obvious, and Randy's 'Special Behavior' add even more comedy to the show. Every episode, Earl goes after a different number on his list, but oftenly he mends more than one at a time. I strongly reccommed this show as it stands out of all the other comedies on NBC.
  • One of the best shows of 2005

I've watched this show each week from it's premier last year, it's simply an instant classic because of it's very well written stories and subtle yet edgy humor. Watching earl make himself improve his life for himself and the people he cares about, and slowly yet surly making the world a better place with a little help from karma. I would recommend this program to TV lovers of all genres. ;)

W r i t t e n b y v a u x o r t h a n k s f o r r e a d i n g :D
  • My Name is Earl is a funny and creative show that needs to be brought back.

My name is Earl is a funny and creative show that was canceled too soon. It has a blue collar theme with funny interesting characters that you can like even if they are supposed to be a bad character. The show follows Earl, a former bad guy turned good to appease karma. He believes that karma is responsible for his problems and crummy life. His wife/ex-wife Joy is a great character, bunny, sexy, and really great fun to watch. Joy makes the show for me, she is great. His brother Randy is the stereotypical dumb guy character that you cant help but like, and feel sorry for him. She later married Darnell, who is a total character himself, he is on the run and in the witness protection program. In conclusion, the show is an adult show, that has some child like humor, but its not childish. Its down home humor that is warm and teaches us lessons about ourselves and life itself. Bring back Earl! TW
  • Earl Hickey and brother Randy lead criminal lives. Steals a lottery ticket, wins $100,000. Walks into the street and is hit by a car. Goes to hospital watches Carson Daly who preaches Karma and the list is created and the hillarity begins.

I know sometimes that shows are not fan favorites, but when a show that has many positive messages I do not understand why it gets canceled. Sometimes stupidity is funny. I have read some of the other views and I do not see how season 4 was not funny. Maybe the audience did not get some of the significance of how shows have to resolve or illustrate how people or things got to where they are. Example the Estrada or nada was funny when you relate how Eric Estrada is so full of himself and then have people challange him. Finding out about the Crabman I thought was very funny. May be the writers got bored but isn't their job to keep everyone entertained. I guess if Earl was a reality show it probably would still be on. Many people with no talent tryout for these reality shows, when Earl was a reality show portrayed by actors. What a shame for a qualiity show to be dumped on and put in the trash. I hope someone picks it up and rekindles the series. Miss you Earl.
  • Great at start, really poor by season 3

I've just read the show has ended, and when i watched season 3 im not surprised. Now when i watched Season 1 it was my favorite show at the time, and by the time 2 come along it got funnier, but I watched season 3 and I knew half way through that it was getting desperate and, dare i say, really un-funny. I forced myself to watch to the end, but i've not even entertained the idea yet to watch season 4. I've only given it a 4 score because i feel season 3 really let down the first two which were so good.
  • no wonder it got cancelled

5.5
    after 3 and a half seasons my name is earl choked on the pressure and died,thus ending a show that was funny and had good plots. season 4 really killed the show with such story lines like the stupid estrada or nada,crabmans witness protection fbi programme,a strange voodoo mexican kid and randy somehow being even more dumber. Anyway if you do check out the show,or at least the irst 3 and and a hald seasons, the show is about a whitetrash guy named earl, his brother randy,horrible ex wife joy and her new husband darnell, earl has been basically a rotten human being since he was born and after getting hit by a car after winning 100k on a scatch it ticket he realises that in order to have a good life he needs to make a list of everything bad he has done and fix it somehow,resulting in karma backflipping from bad luck to good luck for earl.
  • A hillariously funny, qurky and very original comedy.

The plot is superbly silly. It focuses on a hapless loser called Earl who has spent his whole life making terrible choices which result in worse consequences. Then one day he has a small lottery win and deiscovers Karma. As such he writes a list of all the bad things he has done and sets about making them right... often in the most absurd ways.

I admit the comedy in this is not to everyones taste but I love it! It is quirky and just slightly disturbing which makes it very watchable. The main characters are superbly cast and act fantastically, but for me it is the supporting cast that make the show. If you have never seen this show then give it a go because although it isn't for everyone it is well worth a try.
  • Come and get me Karma

A great show about a man named Earl Hickey who wins the lottery, gets hit by a car and looses the lottery ticket. While in the hospital sees Carson Daily on TV talking about karma and decides to make a list of all the bad things he has done to people and make them right. With the help of his brother Randy, His ex wife, her new husband Darnell or the Crabman, and Catalina, the lady who cleans the motel the he and his brother Randy live in, Earl sets out to right his wrongs and cross off the items from his list. Each episode, not only does Earl cross and Item off, but he learns a valuable life lesson at the same time.

This is a great show and I hope stays on the air. I have heard rumors of it getting cancelled after it's fourth season. That would be a shame.
  • A twist of fate turns Earls life into a tailspin of life-renewing events. Earl wins a small lottery, and he is determined to transform his good fortune into a life-changing event as he sets out to right all the wrongs from his past

My Name Is Earl is set in Camden County, a fictional location in the Central Time Zone which seems to be in the South based on people's accents, though during the American Civil War it was a place called "Central" which supported neither side and seceded from both the United States and the Confederacy. Despite this, the Crab Shack bar has displayed signs for Pennsylvania beers, including Yuengling and Stoney's. As to the exact location, creator Greg Garcia says "the show doesn't technically take place anywhere....we like to think it's anywhere. We don't really say exactly where it is". The series stars Jason Lee, Ethan Suplee, Jaime Pressly, Eddie Steeples and Nadine Velazquez. Lee stars in the title role as "Earl J. Hickey", a petty crook with occasional run-ins with the law, whose newly won $100,000 lottery ticket is lost when he is hit by a car. Lying in a hospital bed, under the influence of morphine, he develops a belief in the concept of karma when he hears about it during an episode of Last Call with Carson Daly. He decides he wants to turn his life around and makes a list of all the bad things he's ever done. After doing his first good deed, he finds his $100,000 lottery ticket. He sees this as a sign and, with his new lucky money, he proceeds to cross items off the list, one by one, by doing good deeds in correspondence to the list items to atone for them.
  • Earl has done bad things all his life and now his making up for it

The whole idea of a low life, white trash crook deciding to turn his life around and make up for all the bad things his done is a perfect fomula for a really funny and feel-good show. The show has a lot of things every day people could relate too and I'm sure it encouraged a couple of people to make a list of there own and start doing some good. My name is Earl started off to a great start, the way the writers managed to mix it up every season in order to keep the show fresh and prevent it from getting dry and old was suburb. All good things run out of steam though, and this pass season has been a bit slow, the storylines are getting more fer fetched like the whole Darrel and the CIA thing and Randy hooking up with Joy when they ware kids was somewhat jumping the shark. None the less, The show still has its funny moments and is great TV for its time slot.
  • good for one season then its repeat, repeat, repeat...

the first season was very interesting and funny with somthing new. but after a while it just all halted and repeat it self. some comedy show just dont hold up over time and this show proved that it didnt, when the second season arrived. some of you may still like it but just face it how much can you laugh of the same ting when its just repeat it self, i cant deny they did a good job at trying to hide this repeating they did. but i dont get that easly fooled, so i just quit watching this and i am not going back. we now have eastbound+down that is cuting edge in comedy.
  • my name is earl

m kg l;gdg l;df; ;dbf; kfd k k kj j j jj j j j j j j p; ; l k k k k k l;f;d ,'l;mfb' e m'g 'rg m m m m , ;, ;, ;, p', l, [p, ,m l, m l,l ,mlm m f'wef,as'dsmm m mrmg l'mrepg ';l';m mre[gl'domsb'oem LLMr'gm om omrg 'e'hrtb,erg'emg,fw,'gem[obmr'lthm met 'mrelmhg remgerg,',gpemh/ ,;n;lkhg; lmkh[erg,e',v; kebh',;mb ; me;mbh e',m gre, ,g, , , ,, , , ,rp ggfwle ll l l l mfm, ,w; ,;d ;'flg, l;,fgl, l, ,mdl,mfed;f,glm, l,m l lm .,d;'f.'ed .'d .' .,lm glm ;,f;lg l,m ;l;l lj j j js;jga
  • Original, enjoyable and constantly fresh.

It can be rather simplistic at times with its low brow comedy and reliance on outlandish storylines. But overlooking these slight criticisms, My Name Is Earl is an original, thoughtful and often insightful comedy that has many depths.

A lot of the laughs come from the "white trash" characters living in their backward, "redneck" county, which is easy to poke fun at on many levels (but I don't recall seeing before). Randy and Earl's naivety is also entertaining, as is Catalina's and Joy's wild behaviour. But then as each character develops, you find even funnier traits that seem to contradict each other; Crabman's childlikeness with his superior intelligence, Earl's proactivity and naivety and lack of worldliness, Catalina's cuteness together with her ruthless traits that are often hinted at, Randy's extreme stupidity and then his insightful comments. Once you get to know the characters, you'll enjoy the series a lot more. You'll also start finding a great amount of inside jokes peppered throughout.

Its funny, its serious, its thoughtful, its sad. The series has surprised me many a time and the storylines and character development has kept me addicted. And then there's the music. My Name Is Earl has sent me over and over again to the internet to find out the name of whichever gem has featured in the latest episode. I didn't realise I would love 60s British rock so much. I actually signed up to this website intending to add Pictures of Matchstickmen (Status Quo) to the song list of the episode "Burn Victim" if anyone would care to do me a favour. Apparently I have to write some review before being able to edit...
  • The show is hilarious.

My Name is Earl is absolutely hilarious. The comedy meshes so well and the characters have great chemistry. The show has a good way of staying fresh in each episode and everything seems to click. My personal favorite character is Randy. He is so dumb, but in a funny, sad way. I think that his kind of humor is original and you can't help but laugh at his stupid personality and his overall lack of intelligence. Earl is a good character as well, and seems to be the peanut butter to Randy's jelly. They play very well off one another and are a good comedy duo. To sum things up, the show makes for a good laugh. Thank you.
  • I started to wath this show from the beginning and i liked it, but now i'm up to season 3 and its he best show on tv (next to Scrubs)

I started to wath this show from the beginning and i liked it, but now i'm up to season 3 and its he best show on tv (next to Scrubs). earl starting to do good thing to make up for his mistakes is just an to perfect and original idea, that much because he's what he is. my personal favourite in the show is ofcourse Randy, he's too funny and very easy to like. one of the funnyest thing was when they tried to make policeman to be a hero and randy said they sholud put him to wrestle with an octopus and then earls response (i'm not going to write it, look it up).
    i just hope they never stop filming the show beause i wont have anything to watch. please don't stop filming it.

p.s. jamie pressly is the hottest women on earth
  • Trailer trash and Karma... Match made in heaven?

Watching previews of the show before it began I was hooked. I found it both hilarious as well as an interestingly new plot. Each episode continues to make me laugh and enjoy each one. The brothers Randy and Earl amuse and compel as they seek out to solve each item on the list, whether they choose it or it presents its self to them. The other characters on the show either act as antagonists or protagonists to Earl as he struggles to make up for every item on his list of Karma. I have and will enjoy this show until it either runs it's course or is canceled like so many good shows.
  • Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb

This is the silliest show on NBC after Kath and Kim. What was NBC thinking? Let's display poor whit trash and every kind of trash out there in the most out landish plots and make it seem funny. Come on now. Wasn't there any other proposals for comedy? Who scored this a 10? Are we watching the same show? It is about a guy who wins the lottery, get hits by a car and then decides to go back and undo all the dumb things he did in his life. He has a white trash ex wife who ran off with the black guy with trash that magically appears from out of his hair, and his best friend is the fat guy with the intelligence and personality of a cactus!
  • Earl is bad. Earl wins lottery. Earl gets hit by Karma. Earl turns life around and works for Karma. AWESOME

I have been in love with Jason Lee since 'Mallrats', and he is amazing in this show. Every character is played incredibly well, and this show sucks me in every time. I never thought I would like Jaime Pressly's character, but she does such a great job of playing a lovable b****!!! Darnell and Randy are perfect in every way. Every person in town has their own great personality, and I love how many of them you get to see in each episode. I wish my city had a Crab Shack! I hope the show doesn't get old, like Lost and Heroes did...
  • What a great show, very funny and smartly written

My name is Earl is a great show with a great storyline. I think the show is a lot better when Earl is crossing things off his list, not in prison or knocked out in an imagination world. It is always funny but the storyline is alot better when he is crossing off list items. Seasons 1 & 2 were classical and you can watch them over and over again, not saying that season 3 isnt watchable just that the quality of episodes has dropped off. Earl is a great show no matter what is happening and i think that the quality will pick up again soon.
  • Insane

Myu Name Is Earl its a tv show about a guy and his list of bad things he has to solve Jason Lee its the actor for a comedy like this with karma and all that kind of stuffs Jason Lee its an excelent comedy actor i seriously can't watch this show i laugh and laugh im going to die if i keep watching this show its so good that im afraid that it would kill me Anyway great Tv show i keep watching it and if i died i prefer to die laughing at least im going to die happy :):):)
  • Earl hickey's life was easy, and he and his brother randy made other people's life hard. So earl and randy make a list of all the bad things they have done, to try and make the person forgives them.

Earl Hickey's life was easy, all he ever did was make other people's life hard. Earl and his brother Randy was always doing bad things. Earl dicideds to make a list of all the bad things he has done. Earl and Randy go and change things by undoing the things he has done. By making it up to a person. When the person forgives him then earl can gross it off he's list. Earl and Randy meet a girl named joy. Than later on they meet a man who works in a pub, they call him crabman, later on crabman buys a turtle. This a halarios story.
  • Earl Hickey discovers Karma while in a hospital and decides to change his whole life around!

Earl Hickey is hit by a car after winning a 100,000 dollars. In the hospital Earl learns about Karma from Carson Daley. When Earl leaves the hospital he finds his winning ticket and moves into a motel with his slow stupid brother Randy. They meet a hot Latina maid Catalina. Meanwhile Earl's ex-wife Joy tries to get her hands on his money. Joy is now married to Donnell also known as Crab-man. Joy has 2 kids, neither which are his. Earl thought one was his, but turned out to be Crabmans baby. The first 2 seasons are super funny as it follows Earl, Randy and company as Earl tries to better his life by crossing things off his list. He tries to make up with ex girlfriends, his parents, his friends, and others he never even knew. I classified My Name is Earl as "Needs Fine Tuning" only because the 3rd season was very disappointing with Earl in jail working for the Warden to get out early. If the show rebounds from a mediocre season 3, it can come back as a Classic or one of my Personal Favorites. The is good though, an 8 out of 10 good!
  • Escape the craziness of life for half an hour and enter the craziness of Earl's life.

It's a wonderful system they've got going on with this show. A list in which each entry can be made into a exciting and colourful episode. The list can be expanded to the My Name is Earl fans delight which means that not only will Earl and the gang be getting up to all sorts of new adventures, it means that the show will be a long-time runner. Excellent!
    The show is in some way inspirational, it makes you want to write a list of your own because it seems so fun ticking each "bad thing" off.
    The humour in this show is strange but hilarious nonetheless. Comical characters, like Randy, add to the diverse range of gags this show can pull off.
    Watch it, love it, and repeat. It's great and I'm sure it will be a classic in years to come.
  • Karma at its very best!

I believe that "My Name is Earl" is quite simply the best show on television. It's honest, funny, sweet, thought-provoking and down-right fun! All of the characters are enjoyable to watch. The main characters (Earl, Randy, Joy, Darnell, Catalina) and the minor characters (Kenny, Didi, Patty, Ralph, Frank, etc.) are well-developed and well-written. They may be psychotic, drunk, or delusional, but they're funny! The concept of karma has been watered down to a very basic level. When the show first debuted, some religious groups who believe in karma were offended at the "easy" premise of how karma works. While that may be a concern, I think the premise of the show is redemption. It's not too late to turn your life around if you are really committed to doing so. It isn't always easy, but good things happen when you do. Watching Earl check things off of his "list" is funny and heart-warming. I recommend this show to everyone!
  • This show is so funny!

The series stars Jason Lee, Ethan Suplee, Jaime Pressly, Eddie Steeples, and Nadine Velazquez. Lee stars in the title role as Earl J. Hickey, a petty crook with occasional run-ins with the law, whose newly won $100,000 lottery ticket is lost when he is hit by a car. While lying in his hospital bed after the accident, he develops a belief in the concept of karma when he hears about it during an episode of Last Call with Carson Daly. He decides he wants to turn his life around and makes a list of all the bad things he's ever done. After doing his first good deed, he finds his $100,000 lottery ticket. He sees this as a sign and, with his new lucky money, he proceeds to cross items off that list, one-by-one, by doing good deeds to atone for them. It's really cool!
  • Decent show, neither bad nor great.

Worth watching a first time and making youre own opinion on it, i guess you either like it or you hate it.

Show is comedy, and has plenty of it throughout each episode, also backed up with a semi-decent stroyline, the show keeps me coming back for more. In more recent episodes( season 3 ), the quality has definately fallen, and I am leaning on the fence of whether or not to continue watching it.

The story revolves around Earl, who used to be a criminal, stealing things to get by, but after getting hit by a car and learning about Karma ( in simple words, what goes around comes around ), Earl decides to fix all the bad things he has done throughout in life, these range from when he was a kid all the way up to his present.

I think the show is starting to get repetitive storywise and jokes are getting old, but still worth watching.
  • My Name Is Earl is about a man who discovers karma, so he Earl makes a list about all the bad things he has done, so that he can make up for all of them, in the hope that he will become a better person.

This is one of the greatest shows out at the moment and it's getting better with each season that goes by. It's originality makes it so brilliant, plus it gives out a good message in that if you do good things good things will happen to you but if you do bad things bad things will happen to you. Randy is fantastic. Even though he is a complete idiot, Ethan Suplee makes it work amazingly. The plots are very cleverly made and extremely original, making it insanely funny plus the selection of guest stars make the show even more hilarious. Also the flashback of when Earl used to be bad gives the show an edge because it gives a change to the storylines!
  • My name is Earl is about a man who has done many bad thing's in life but trying to be a good person and work on his karma,he make's a list of people's live's that he has screwed up or ruined and goes out to try and complete everthing on the list.

My Name Is Earl is an outstanding way of showing how the average person live's,with comedy it just increses the show's amazing creativity of how someone can simply ruin and simply change someones life by doing one easy,but sometimes hard task for them just to get better karma and to think that you have done good thing's in life.The show also has how a person should not live.There are also input's with how much hardship Earl has to go through especially for people he love,for example he ent to jail for one that he loved even though he didn't commit the crime.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10