My Name Is Earl

NBC (ended 2009)

My Name Is Earl Fan Reviews (464)

• Amazing

This show is funny. From the quirky jokes and the character traits are just funny. Randy is my favorite. He is always making a dumb remark that always makes me laugh. My favorite is when Earl was broke and trying to sell his car.
  • They Should Make A Movie Or The ReallyLast Season

I think they should make a movie or another season because in the episode "Dodge Dad" they found out who his real father is. And on the paper work it said that Darnell wasnt the real father to Earl Jr. Which said "To Be But they stop and they should finish off.
  • i hate when shows are cancelled

great idea. but tv shows about losers never last becuase they are good, but don't do great in ratings. i still have to say NBC is the best network for giving creative shows a chance.

(my name is earl, community, chuck etc) i just wish they could stay.
  • About this series

It had great casting in season one and acting for Jaime Pressly in season two.
  • I dont know how this show got canceled.

This show had it all. It was an original idea about an ex-con who tries to make ammends with his past and correct his wrong doings while learning valuble lessons alnog the way. Most of the characters were original and intresting to watch. Even the antagonists were intresting to watch. The jokes somehow felt original and they were what really spiced up this show in quality. I dont know why good shows like this get cancelled while shows with a 2 or lower last longer.
  • Awesome show

This was one of the best shows on tv and its a shame that they cancelled it I would have liked to see Earl finish every thing on his list and im not a big fan of raising hope i didn't get into the show like i did with my name is earl "sigh"
  • Please bring My name is Earl back

This show was great ! Everyone i knew loved it hopefully they bring it back !
  • MY NAME IS EARL

What I think is that you all need to bring back the show because 1: is was good wholesome & funny 2: it doesn't make since for you to end a show at the end of season 4 and not bring it back when you all ended it with a TO BE CONTINUED.....
  • Still missing this show

I just loved it when Burt Chance kicked the boss of NBC in tha nuts for canceling My name is Earl. I really like Raising hope, but i still miss Earl Hickey and the gang. While we should not linger in the past, this show has been canceled for 4 years now, i hope there will be a show as refreshing as this show was. In the meantime i will enjoy Raising Hope and hope for an renewal of Cougar Town.
  • Bring back my name is earl

i think all of us earl fans should go on strike or make a petition on a website to bring back "my name is earl" no one liked raising hope, "My name is earl" is an original and needs to come back, who cares if the show got a little less viewers, why do we have to suffer, all of us???
  • Bring My Name Is Earl Back

Don't understand why this show was canceled because there were at least a hundred more things he needed to cross off of his list Wish you would bring it back or at least tell us who dodges father is!!!!!
  • Bring back Earl dummies

I am pretty mad that my name is Earl stopped playing the last one I have seen is dodges dad please tell me that there are more episodes I want to find out who Darnells son is does anyone know.
  • BRING BACK MY NAME IS EARL !!

One of the best shows that has been on in years and they cancel it !!
  • Well I see lots of reviews,most of all are trashing this tv show...

Well, it may be a bit offensive for an American sitcom to have rednex characters, low life, and pretty low I.Q. sidekicks...ins't it? I love My Name Is Earl because makes fun of poverty (shut up when was your last movie/show who did this except Everybody hates chris) and all the U.S. issues like immigrations and so on. But nobody sees that the main point of this TV show is a bully who sees the light "karma/lottery no." and starts making good thinks. Pretty biblical for the detractors out there... Most of all is a very enjoyable show which makes you feel good, and why not, makes you think maybe you should look deeper into your past and make up the wrong thinks you have done.It could turn you from it's silly plot into a better person
  • awesome show

love this show! me and my two boys watch it every night! its their favorite show. to bad they dont make anymore :(
  • Too bad it got cancelled

Characters are lovable, always leave a good feeling. Only flaw is many of the jokes are about obscure celebrities. I had to google half of the references they did
  • I miss My Name Is Earl :(

Such an amazing, heart warming show. I love the message it sends out and I love all the individual characters personalities! It never failed to have me laughing my a$$ off! If anyone is looking for a great comedy to add to their netflix, this is IT! I never really understood the show until I had the chance to watch it from the beginning(just like every show, you have to understand the story) I regret never giving it a chance because it's really one of the best shows i've ever seen! I wish they would bring it back especially because there are so many fans and this show has an 8.9 rating! No one understands why it was cancelled. I hope this show has a comeback!
  • Doesn't make sense...

This was a very solid and heartwarming show, and it seems to have a fairly strong support group even though it's been cancelled for years now... networks need to stop wasting their time and money drafting flop after flop when there are valuable series' like this one floating around out there with a built in fan group just itching to get their show back... There aren't many truly good shows these days; this is one of them. good writing, good actors, good humor, and a great message. It's a same that things like doing good things to others is being beat out by crappy reality show like jersey shore and the like... We're losing all show that have any substance to them.
  • One of the best shows ever made!!! Bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!! o_o

This is one of the best TV-show-ideas that were produced in the last 2 decades! Its funny, sympathetic, refreshing and has a real good message! This is one of the shows I want my kids to see, cause it conveys values in a funny way. Its from a pedagogical point of view genius! Also love the characters and their journey.

I bet it got canceled for some mind dulling dance-, casting- or bachelor-show. When will TV-stations learn that noone needs those *** up shows. Give us Earl back! The show still has "973,316" fans on Facebook. A million fans! C'mon don't you see it? It's 70,000 more people then the "bachelor". And its canceld for a pretty long time. STILL ! So many likes!!! Who will buy "The Bachelor" or "American Idol" etc. on DVD? NOONE! -_- Cause its *** that noone really wants to see. So please bring quality back on air! Bring EARL BACK!!!
  • An overall great show, but it started to become a bit lifeless at the end

My Name is Earl stands out as being one of the best NBC shows of the 21st century. It is funny, poignant and never fails to provoke thoughts of spirituality. The show centers around an ex-criminal named Earl Hickey who learns about the value of karma after he gets hit by a car, following a win of the lottery. He makes a list of bad things he had done to people over the years and with his brother Randy, he makes up for them one by one, trying to become a better person. The premise was interesting and original and it was executed perfectly. Each episode carried its own brand of unique humor coming from its colorful cast of characters. Crab Man is by far my favorite. He is just so quirky with his obsession with his pet turtle, which never failed to get a laugh out of me. The fact that he is really an intellectual going undercover in a government organization only added to his hilarity. The plots of each episode were all enticing in their own ways, ranging to the ordinary to the outright bizarre. It carried a good amount of years on this premise, but then it started to go downhill rather slowly. After the airing of Little Bad Voodoo brother, the show started to become rather strange. The plots stopped being more centered around Earl's list and more on Crab Man's family getting into rather strange situations. The jokes weren't as funny anymore and the continuity started to shift to the point the character's backstories no longer made any sense. It was lucky that it got cancelled when it did before further damage was done to the show. The final season wasn't "horrible" by any means - it was actually pretty good. It was just pale in comparison to the show before. I would be all for a revival of the show, but I would prefer it to be in the old format. Thank you.
  • Earl Hickey...enough said!

My Name is Earl is a hilarious show about a man who is making up for his bad lifestyle by helping those he hurt, stole from or ruined. He understands that Karma will come back to bite him in the...well...you know what area. With the help from his brother Randy and motel maid, Catalina, Earl helps people from all over the community to avoid Karma. Darnell & Joy also add a lot of laughs to this show.

• I love Earl, I WISH THEY WOULD MAKE NEW EPISODES INSTEAD OF THE OFFICE OR FRIENDS OR ANY OF THE OTHER GAY ASS SHOWS!! BRING EARL BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, i dont know who reads these, but who ever does please pass this on ....... bring my name is earl..back. The show is awsome. and it totally sucks that they moved the office into the evening slot taking Earl over, it is a let down to us Earl fans! Bring earl Back. really this seriously needs to happen. like as soon as possible. the whole cast is great and just come on already. i am running out of things to type. and i cant write less than 100 words on this review so come on Bring Earl Back Already!
  • I want more earl. it is one of the most addicting shows just to find out what he was going to do on his list next. Earl needs to finish all his deeds befor you can take him off air.

I liked all of the episodes. Exspeciallty the one where he tryed to help his dad. And the ones where he changed people for the better. Like the one where he got the gay guy to come outta the closet. And the one wher he helped his brother randy. I think there should be more My Name is Earl. Plus you guys never finshed when randy won the lottery. There needs to be more. I like Joy she's funny and Darnel is the best tries to play stupd but he's really smart and Randy isgood for stickin with earl even tho he would like to do other things instead of the list. and Earl is a better person for trying to make his life better no matter what happens to him.
  • Why the hell is this show gone?

Dear NBC, What the hell were you thinking? Not only did you cancel My Name Is Earl but you canceled it at a point in the show where we were to find out that most likely Earl was Dodges father! What is wrong with you guys I'm trying to think of any other show worth 2 craps that I would watch on NBC but I can't. If you guys were half smart you would bring it back but knowing NBC they wont because by god we need more time slots for the cape and chuck and whatever else your playing. So FU NBC you guys suck!!!!
  • Brilliant, original and funny as hell, "My Name Is Earl" stands as one of the most positive tv shows I've ever seen.

A few tv shows impressed me as much as My Name Is Earl. Though it may seem nothing special at first glance, this shows soon proves brilliant in so many ways. Earl is a small-time crook, who suddenly realizes his life sucks because of the many bad things he's done to other people. So he decides to devote his life to do an equal amount of good: he wants to make up to every person he did wrong and make peace with his karma.
    Aside from the brilliant scripts and the many funny situations and dialogues in this comedy, the one thing that truly makes its mark is the sensation of sheer positivity it brings you. I've never seen a character so devoted to the sake of others, thus delivering a message of altruism and hope without being cheesy. While other tv shows can only make me sad or nervous, My Name Is Earl actually delivers a refreshing experience. With all the people who step on us every day, we all wish we had an Earl to watch over us!
  • A smart, well written show about a total moron!

Meet Earl...a man with a colorful, albeit shifty past and a karmic debt to pay. This is one of the few shows on television that is genuinely funny. It runs like an extended Jeff Foxworthy joke gone mad and I've never seen an episode that didn't tickle me pink. I had my doubts about this show 'till I saw my very first episode and from then on after, I was totally hooked. There is also a special place in my heart for this show since...well y'see...I live in a trailer court, and I know more than a few real life Earls. Sometimes I have to chase a few of them off my deck with a baseball bat or call the cops on them. Ha!
  • Boy, has this show crashed & burned! Too bad. This used to be the best comedy on TV. Now its one of the worst of a very bad lot.

2.5
    The first year or two, when Earl was crossing items off his list, were fabulous and clever. There were no long, complicated stories stretching over more than two episodes.

And that's the problem with the show now. The writers aren't up to longer story arcs. Seeing Earl in a coma, with his fantasy life is REALLY, really boring.

The two-parter at the beginning of the series: My family all hated it, and we didn't even finish it. Then came "Stole a Motorcycle". We tried really hard to watch it, but we just couldn't stomach it. Way to stupid, un-funny and dull.

Not to mention, very poorly directed.

Don't watch this (or last) Season if you love Earl. They will ruin it for you.

Sigh.
  • Absolutely brilliant.. The cast, the story, the comedy everything..

Okay I have just watched the first episode but I was dying with laughter... This has to be the best new comedy show in years. I really hope this show get the audience it deserves instead of being cancelled like many other shows which never leave the ground..

Ethan Suplee was brilliant in a couple of his movie roles but in this show he is a genious and Jason Lee just has this thing about which makes him hilarious.

If you mix these two as well as Jaime Pressly and a couple of other persons, a whole lot of brilliant comedy plus a list of 259 things Earl have to do, you have a show with almost unlimited opportunities.

My new best friend if it continues like the first show.. Absolutely brilliant:)
  • Season 1 was excellent, Season 2 was great, Season 3 was horrible, and Season Four was fair.

This show was great for the first few seasons. Season Three should have been the best but it was absolutely horrible. Not funny at all. But season one and two were great. "The Trial" and "Pilot" are some of the best episodes of the series. They are funny, well-written, and have good characters. There were twist and turns, one-liners, no laugh track. It was great. My second favorite show. It decreased in quality quickly during season three. Seriously, "The Camdenites" was boring, dumb, and unfunny. Season Four was a bit of a return to the first two seasons but it had ridiculous unrealism (even though the show is crazy) like Tornadoes in pools. It had jumped the shark by then. Face it, My Name Is Earl was brilliantly hilarious in the first two seasons, but it jumped the shark in season three and was fair at best in season four. Except "Dodge's Dad." That was good. It deserved to be canceled.
  • All good things must come to an end, BUT WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE BETWEEN A 2 PARTER?

The first episode I saw was one while Earl was still in a coma (I think it was "Stole a Motorcycle"), so I was late into the show, even though I thought it was a good episode. To make sense of the series, I decided to watch the Pilot episode, and I was hooked. Seeing the repeats on E4, and then Series 4 on the same channel, I can safely say that the series was good. I realize not many people liked series 3, while I don't think it was perfect, I thought it was good to see a change of situation of Earl, but of course, everybody knows that its done to change the pace of the show so that it won't be the same thing over and over, but that's not so bad. Series 4 wasn't quite as good as 1 or 2 at first, but I did like finding out about Darnell's history. And lets face it, when you throw a "To Be Continued" title at us, we want to see that conclusion. But then again, this was produced by 20th Century FOX Television, so it's hardly a surprise. For now, Earl's list will be left unfinished.