My Name Is Earl

Robbed a Stoner Blind

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 16, 2006 on NBC

• Started well, but then decreased in value dramatically when they started sticking whingy pious morals into it. Felt like a lecture more than a comedy show.

When I watch My Name is Earl, I expect to be watching a comedy show. Unfortunately, in this episode there was no comedy- there was only brain-numbingly sickening sanctimony and the most unrealistic storyline for two seasons.

It was alright up until the point when Woody mentions global warming. At that point, it goes horribly downhill. Now, I understand that they're trying to make a point, and I'm not going to start burning plastic bags as a protest to the show, but it's annoying when a light-hearted comedy show starts trying to inject large, worldwide issues into its storylines.

Earl, since his list, is meant to be a reformed man. However, he's still not meant to be portrayed as a saint. He's still got the smalltown hick mentality, and so the idea of him hearing about global warming and suddenly crusading against it is just stupid.

Then on top of that, there was the "randy-seeing-clay-models" thing that went on for the majority of the rest of the episode, which intertwined with some actual humour would have been alright. But as it stands it was essentially just annoying and played-out.

I love My Name is Earl, but when they make atrocious episodes like this, it makes me want to swallow my own tongue and jump out of a window.
  • Randy be trippin'

Earl and Randy rob a stoner named Woody (played by Christian Slater) blind and must spend a week with him in a commune. Earl becomes environmentally conscience and tries to do his part to stop global warming. When he can't convince people to try and save the planet, he starts imposing his will on others. Meantime Randy is tripping from the medicine made from herbs by the commune members, when he decided to eat it all. This is a classic mini plot within the main plot. Randy is seeing everyone in claymation form. It is hilarious to watch Randy try and shake the hallucinations out of his head.
  • Brilliant in every way!

When a comedy show like My Name Is Earl takes on the serious issue og global warming I find myself expecting an episodes worth of repeated morals and the odd joke here and there. I was wrong, this episode was fantastic, possibly my favourite this series.

Randy's hallucinations introduced the show into a new media to great effect. The scene with Joy and Crab man was hilariuos, with both boobs and hair a wobbling.

Earl becoming a hippie for a week was really good viewing and even when he left the camp his attempt at helping the planet (by letting car tyres down) was brilliant and not at all over done.
  • A Hysterical Truth

Forget Al Gore. Scratch David Suzuki, and Leonardo Di Who? Earl is the environments best hope. He has reached number twenty-six on his list of sins and sets out to atone for stealing an air-conditioner from dope-head Woody. Now living in a dung hut in an eco-friendly commune, Woody refuses to accept the appliance back and instead challenges Earl and Randy to ‘unplug from the grid’ for a week. Turns out that white trash can become green. Maybe it’s down to eating beetloaf for seven days, but Earl is so swayed by the plight of the planet that he vows to heal it. Cue to totally apt soundtrack choice of Big Yellow Taxi as Earl thinks globally. The task of compensating for ex-wife Joy’s earth-hurting ways proves overwhelming and the cute moral of this episode is to think smaller. Meanwhile a herbal remedy lapped up by Randy has him seeing everything in claymation. The difference between live-action and cartoon Joy is barely discernable. Bless her.
  • Earl the hippie

Seeing Earl going from calm list crosser to evironmentalist to activist from his point of view is hilarious and an interesting view from Earl's eyes until he snaps i an equally comedic fashion.

Robbing the stoner, who assumed Earl was his old friend, was a great list item and really showed how much an episode can contain.

Randy trying to go through the week of living in, uh, different situations was a great addition to the episode and the reason this episode is one of the most entertaining is because we see Earl as three different people in one episode: criminal, normal, activist and this is one of the best episodes of My Name is Earl
  • Super-Size?

Wasn’t this episode meant to be a super-sized one? Because the copy I have is only 23 minutes in length! Weird.

Anyway, the whole animation thing in this episode was laugh out loud hilarious! The way the actors had been captured was superb and the nail was hit bang on the head! Especially Darnell and Randy!

The plot to this episode I liked and, surpisingly, I wasn’t surprised that Earl cared about global warming. A good episode here and I would give it a low “great” rating but thanks to the animation it pulls up to a high “great”. Even though this isn’t the greatest plot around due to the animation sequences every Earl fan HAS to see this episode!
  • Funny episode...

I haven't seen very many episodes of this show but I think it is one of the funniest shows today. Earl tries tyo make up for robbing this stoner but it turns out the stoner lives with a bunch of hippies and doesn't want what earl stole from him which is an airconditinor. he says that he will forgive them if they live with him fopr a week. This is a very funny episode especially when randy ate that stuff the hippies made for him and everything he looked at was claymation but he got better. When earl was driving the bike and Joy drives by and says something like hey lance armstrong! Don't you know riding bikes give you nut cancer? that was funny. later...
  • Earl & Randy try to cross off number 26 \\\"Robbed a Stoner Blind\\\".They have to live with Woody (Christian Sslater) on a hippie commune for 1 week.

This has to be the best Randy episode and maybe one of the best episodes of the seasons to date.

Earl and Randy robbed an AC unit and all of the items from Woodys appartment one by one.To recitify the list they have to stay on the hippie commune for one week.
    This episode has naked old ladies and huts made of ploppies.

But by far the best part of the episode is when Randy starts to hallucinate and see everything in animation/puppet form.
    One of the best!
  • Another great Earl episode.

Earl tries to right another wrong from his past. He slowly robbed a stoned guy of everything, but the guy was too stoned to notice. There were some funny scenes as they showed this flashback, they took the refrigerator out right in front of him. I loved when they went to get the air conditioner from Joy to bring back and she was hooked up to the lie detector. When he wouldn't take the air conditioner back because he was living on the commune and the only way Earl could make it up to him was stay there for the week. I loved Earl's attempt to save the world. Randy was great in this episode. I very rarely find myself laughing out loud during a sitcom, but this episode of Earl did it. Great episode.
  • Earl and Randy make things right with Woody the ex-stoner.

This ep was pretty good. Seems Earl and Randy robbed a stoner back in the day. I got a kick out of the slow robbery scene where Earl and Randy pretty much hung out with Woody (played by Christian Slater) and robbed him a little at a time. So Earl decides it is time to pay Woody back. They end up finding Woody at what can best be described as a Hippie commune. He builds houses out of manure. They make their own soap and even act out the TV show Friends for entertainment. Not a bad installment, especially getting to see Randy tripping on some concoction he had eaten that the hippies were rubbing on him.