My Name Is Earl

Robbed a Stoner Blind

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 16, 2006 on NBC

• Started well, but then decreased in value dramatically when they started sticking whingy pious morals into it. Felt like a lecture more than a comedy show.

When I watch My Name is Earl, I expect to be watching a comedy show. Unfortunately, in this episode there was no comedy- there was only brain-numbingly sickening sanctimony and the most unrealistic storyline for two seasons.

It was alright up until the point when Woody mentions global warming. At that point, it goes horribly downhill. Now, I understand that they're trying to make a point, and I'm not going to start burning plastic bags as a protest to the show, but it's annoying when a light-hearted comedy show starts trying to inject large, worldwide issues into its storylines.

Earl, since his list, is meant to be a reformed man. However, he's still not meant to be portrayed as a saint. He's still got the smalltown hick mentality, and so the idea of him hearing about global warming and suddenly crusading against it is just stupid.

Then on top of that, there was the "randy-seeing-clay-models" thing that went on for the majority of the rest of the episode, which intertwined with some actual humour would have been alright. But as it stands it was essentially just annoying and played-out.

I love My Name is Earl, but when they make atrocious episodes like this, it makes me want to swallow my own tongue and jump out of a window.