My Name Is Earl

Sticks & Stones

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 05, 2006 on NBC

• Earl meets some circus freaks and has his heart embiggened as he learns they aren't freaks after all but, by golly, people just like you and me. Ouch, my teeth hurt!

7.4
    -- edit --
    I must note that the last several episodes have been back on track and the show has been up to its old form lately. I'm glad.
    -- /edit --

This review is not only about this episode but about season two of the show in general. Season one of \"Earl\" was truly wonderful. It was great to spend some time with Earl and his brother Randy.

But the second season has two flaws that I can see. First it looks like the writers have bowed to pressure by Jaime Pressly or her agent to give her more screen time. The last several shows have given her her own independent story line and frankly the show falls flat as her character is not likable AT ALL. Secondly it looks like they have changed to story lines to be sickly sweet. In season one they have a one legged woman hopping after Earl with murder in her eyes. In season two if they were to have such a character it looks like the writers would feel the need to be more politically correct.

Look, if its funny its funny. This show is losing the direction and magic that made it a hit and it\'s going downhill. I hope they learn their lesson and go back to Season One\'s style/focus/atmosphere. If they don\'t I doubt there will be a season three. I would bet viewers are starting to check out already.