My Name Is Earl

The Gangs of Camden County

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 04, 2007 on NBC

• Two guys kiss! Gross!

I have nothing against gay people, or actors pretending to be gay but this episode caught my wife and I off guard. The story is funny...sort-of. Let me explain.

Ok..so Earl is in prison, as you know, and the guy that played "Coach" is the prison leader guy. Now, prison leader guy is not the correct term for his position..ahh yes...the warden. The warden offers Earl time off his sentence if he can get the prison gangs to stop fighting. Earl does his best, and soon finds out that the two prison gang leaders turned gay after Earl gave them lots of balls and everything. His solution to stop the fighting is two give them lots of balls to play with, so that they don't fight over who has the one lonely ball. Speaking of lonely balls, the two dudes french kiss out of nowhere....and it's a close-up. It happens very quickly, and if your not used to seeing it on tv..it's pretty gross. To top it off Earl wants to get the heartbroken gay prison dudes back together, so he's sneaky about it. He rubs one guys sweaty shirt all over the other dudes pillow so that he will smell his lover all over it and miss him. Next he gives one guy a "push-up" ice cream, so that the other guy can become entranced by him licking it. Yeah....I know right.

On a positive note...the scene about Randy's reaction time when told he is about to be smacked is hilarious.

I guess this season just feels to different for me. It's in a prison, and now Randy is there as a guard, and it's losing it's core for me. It's still sometimes ridiculously hilarious, but I hope Earl gets out soon. My name is Matthew.