My Name Is Earl

We've Got Spirit

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 16, 2008 on NBC

• Earl and Randy go to cheer camp.

Anyone who says that My Name Is Earl's time is over was immediately disproven with this episode. Laugh out loud moments from start to finish this was easily the funniest installment of the season.

There were some many hilarious lines from Earl here. To him saying that they were going to let the gay guy stay in the dorm with teenage girls as long as he promised not to commit statutory rape to saying how the woman was flexible so no matter what position they were in he had to see her face.

The payoff of seeing Earl and Randy was great, and the Joy storyline here wasn't bad as Darnell was funny enough to make the scenes watchable. Good episode from Earl tonight.
  • This episode was a 9.5 just like Randy's landing.

I thought that this episode was season one quality, and for those who don't know, the first season is by far my favorite. I loved the "subtle" signs that Randy wanted to be a cheerleader, especially because it really didn't look at all like a stunt-double, which is something I really get bugged by when I notice it a lot. Plus Kenny was back! Kenny and (crazy eyes) Donny are my two favorite returning stars, and it was nice to see at least on of them actually returning. Isn't that why they are called returning characters in the first place? But I would have to say that the highlight of the episode was when Crabman pushed the fan on top of his tiny child. The expression on his face was priceless.