My Own Worst Enemy Forums

NBC (ended 2008)

"Henry And The Terrible...Day" - Episode Discussion

SupremeLegate

[1]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 13

And so begins the beginning of the end.

And thats it, its all over.

I actualy thought that they might have made it so that Edward/Henry was fixed, but as I have come to expect I was surprise. Well there goes the one show I actuly got excited to see each week.

NBC, and FOX, Sucks.

Edited on 12/15/2008 8:06pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

netgoddess

[2]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    This show didn't get the ending it really deserved. While not my favorite show, it certainly had a lot of potential and I really enjoyed it. I'm a Christian Slater fan and his acting was top notch in this series. Unfortunately, if they won't save something like Journeyman, they're not going to save MOWE.

haldrey

[3]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 22
    In plain words NBC just SUCKS!! They can not see a gold nugget when they have one.

dice1976

[4]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 3
    I totally agree. They knew it was being cancelled and not re-newed any time soon. They could have given us some sort of closure, but instead they give us a stupid cliffhanger. Kill the tech, delete the files on Edward/Harry, and cut the power... what kind of ending was that?

Stitllams

[5]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 6

Prepare for some profanity.

Stupid Mother F**kers, if that aint the c**tiest ending I have ever seen.

I wish the CIA would lock up the people that cancelled this show in a foreign country and waterboard torture them for a few days, maybe they would reconsider.

Edited on 12/16/2008 5:25pm

marvelfan89

[6]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 39

It was totally brilliant to leave us wanting more did you guys really expect them to wrap this storyline? I am so glad they didn't they give us a fluffy gift wrapped ending.

The initial premise was the conflict between Edward and Henry but now Henry has clearly seen the rationale for having double identify which would have made their future missions more fun.

This way it makes the network look dumb (of course we already know that they are dumb) and question their decision.

I loved the way they made it something bigger than Edward/Henry now it's about a mole and a conspiracy. The Raymond/Tom storyline was interesting I wonder how that would have played out. I mean would Raymond/Tom be next on the hitlist? Would the life really tell what would she do?

A lot of questions with no answers which is the smart way to springboard a second season if it ever happened.

selowitch

[7]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 8

As someone with no inside knowledge of the show, I have to say that this didn't feel like an intentional season finale to me. More like there were more episodes planned (say, maybe three more for a total of twelve) in Season One before they pulled the plug. I can see why they did it at this point, this episode, while I enjoyed it, was really over the top. There's no rescuing the Tom/Raymond character or his relationship with his wife. Also, the conflict between Edward and Henry has reached the point where one has homicidal intent toward the other. And this business of using electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) in concert with the lowering of body temperature means that Henry and Edward will then be "fixed" -- but what does that mean in practical terms? Sure, the firm gets its agent back (i.e., Edward) but doesn't that mean that Henry dies? I can see the network execs realizing they don't have much further to go creatively, and in any case, more importantly, the ratings suck and the competition on Monday night is brutal. Ergo, Adios.

Too bad, really. MOWE had a great cast and some good performances.

st0ke

[8]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 1
    Worst ending ever! Kill the tech, delete the files, cut off the power and cancel the show! Its too bad that the show has to end but not like that please! At the last 2 minutes of the episode i really thought they are gonna change him back and everything is like it was before episode #1! Not really a good ending either but better than what i just saw! And YES, how can they let continue Knight Rider but cancel MOWE, Eli Stone... etc??!!! Sorry for everybody who likes Knight Rider but this remake just sucks!

emma5000

[9]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 33
    what the hell kind of an ending was the that? if i wrote what i think right now, tv.com wouldn't accept my message ...

JohnnyVic

[10]Dec 21, 2008
    • level: 6

People need to stop getting annoyed because they don't get an ending. Enjoy the show while you can, having a hissy fit doesn't solve anything. If you are watching a show that is not getting good ratings but is a quality show, just make up your mind up front that you are going to enjoy it while you can and then move on. Life is more than a TV show.

Other than that, you can stick it to the man by fast forwarding over the commercials and don't watch crappy TV shows like NCIS, CSI, Numbers, any reality show, L&OSVU, etc. When Americans stop watching crap, the networks will change their tune. Pass it on... McDonald's did not change their menu until one guy ate their crap for a month, almost destroyed his body and made a movie out of it. That is why it is important to spread the word.

Here's a hint for spotting a crappy TV: if you watch shows like CSI you will notice that a huge percentage of the dialog is actually narration, the characters are not talking to each other, they are delivering plot points to the audience - like when one lab guy explains to another lab guy some technical term, in reality both characters would know what it means and would never discuss it - or when two characters arrive at a scene and one explains to the other what they are doing, are you to believe that the 2nd guy just went for a drive without knowing why? With those shows you get meaningless arguments to add drama, pointless derogatory comments to the suspect for the same reason, no real human interaction, just a lot of t&a for people with really low attention spans. The other giveaway is when they constantly re-iterate key plot points in case you missed the first part of the show (character A finds a cell phone and reminds character B that the victim was missing his cell phone - and then in case you are really stupid - character B says "hey, that must be the victims cell phone"). That is all you get when you watch CSI and those other shows.

The problem is that some promising shows with good writing (I think Life is a fairly good show), when they get picked up for a 2nd season, the network will dumb it down with cheap and bad writers and implement some of the above crappy techniques to make it appeal to the masses.

oilernut79

[11]Dec 25, 2008
    • level: 2

This really pisses me off. Might as well change all TV shows to Reality TV, that is where we are headed anyways.

It seems people cannot understand a complex storyline in a show anymore, everything has to be laid out and explained to them. I thought this show had a unique concept, but maybe it's just me seems how I am a big James Bond fan.

Why is it that people seem to want to turn off their brain when they watch TV now?

danharr

[12]Jan 2, 2009
    • level: 45
    Well for all of you people who act like you've never watched American tv and how it handles a show cancelled mid run. You don't get a clean ending this isn't Japan America doesn't care the show makes money or it ends no clean up no nothing. On to the episode it was good they were setting us up for more to come with a mole, Henry wanting to be part of the game and the truth about Raymond. Really wanted to see if he was going to bring the wife in or wack her oh well it was fun while it lasted.

Acuteviewer

[13]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 1

Hello fans of decent TV

We've just finished 'MOWE' in England. If only somebody would take up these unfinished gems and run with them. 'Dollhouse' and 'Wanted' has just ended here too. It's sad that we English have a national broadcaster that need not pay any attention to advertisers and all it can produce is the odd decent series once in a blue moon. If it picked up all the great US shows that get canned the BBC wouldn't even need to commission creative departments.

As it is we too get crap most of the time. In our home we record everything and watch it at our own convenience or on the replay systems that come with cable. So advertisers don't get us. Product placement does. Eventually everyone in England will have digital and built-in recorders so there will be no need to watch ads at all. Then what excuse will makers use to can programmes?

I agree with the suggestion that we might as well just buy everything on DVD or BlueRay.

T_Havok

[14]Sep 3, 2009
    • level: 5

as far as an episode goes, it was grest, it had it all... Romace, Betrayal and ultimate cliff hangers.

however to have this as the all-out finale, it left me hoping the people responsible to be locked away in a dark room

the only daylight received when being Bi*ch Slapped at Lunch times.

there really needs to be at least one more episode if only to answer the question's we are all now left with