My Own Worst Enemy Forums

NBC (ended 2008)

Worst Enemy canceled

SWERJ321

[1]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 19
    Bad news guys: The Hollywood Reporter is saying NBC is canceling the show. I'm really surprised as I knew ratings weren't as hoped but I figured they'd stick with it longer to let it try to build up more given all its potential.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hal9000_basic

[2]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 8
    They are filming the ninth and final episode. NBC has no hit shows. Their only No 1 is Jay Leno and he's been fired. Way to go fellas.

GODHOOD

[3]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 17
    Like I said before NBC shows in that Monday 10 p.m. time slot never make it. It's too bad it was a really good show that could have had a following if it had the right time slot on another day.

HRGirl

[4]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 9
    I will miss this show. I was really starting to like it!

BigPapaHusker

[5]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 2
    So NBC canned another great show on the 9PM Central timeslot... Thanks guys. I loved Journeyman and was really liking this show. Another show NBC cancelled just as it was getting good.

casteevo

[6]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 5

I really liked the show. The problem with shows like this is that you have to lay a lot of groundwork to support the premise early on, and I bet there's a lot of people out there that couldn't be bothered to sit around for an episode or 2 while it was explained for them.

Those types are also the reason that we'll never see a more complex serial be successful anytime soon.

popey2005

[7]Nov 13, 2008
    How can they cancel My own worst enemy and continue Knight Rider ( the stupidest show ever )?

setherooo

[8]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 11

popey2005 wrote:
    How can they cancel My own worst enemy and continue Knight Rider ( the stupidest show ever )?

No kidding, right?! The reality is that MOWE had a large production budget due to Christian Slater and other big actors staring. In Knight Rider, they just cut all the big actors out and only the 4 characters remain. Still though, MOWE is way better. I only hope we get to see all the episodes. This show really had potential. My only gripe was that they made Henry out to be way too stupid. Naive is one thing, but he was just stupid at times. I really wish it would have made it.

milkhaswings

[9]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 13
    First Journeyman, now My Own Worst Enemy...they really need to find a better time slot for these amazing shows. Assuming that they know a good show when they see one they should have learned their lesson with Journeyman and put this in place of Knight Rider on Wednesday (which would have made quite a solid 3-hour block with Life and Law & Order) cause apparently no one wants to watch anything on NBC after Heroes...fooey.
    Edited on 11/13/2008 10:35am

welwynrose

[10]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 14
    The just don't seem to give programmes a chance any more - this is very disappointing news

osdawaya16

[11]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 28

popey2005 wrote:

I'm as disappointed as you are, but I love Knight Rider. It's not great, but it's really fun to watch. Just cause NBC cancelled your show doesn't mean you should put one of mine down *grunt*. Hah..but still. I was just starting to get in to this show. It didn't catch my from the beginning, but it was starting to. This is annoying..

wastedaudio

[12]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 14
    This is disappointing. I actually kinda liked this show, NBC makes bad decisions. How is Knight Rider still on, a remake of a show about a talking car????!!?!

mdstudio

[13]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 5

They should have at least tried it on another night!

http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/my-own-worst-enemy-nbc-cancels-christian-slater-tv-show/

36th_Phantom

[14]Nov 13, 2008
    BigPapaHusker wrote:
    So NBC canned another great show on the 9PM Central timeslot... Thanks guys. I loved Journeyman and was really liking this show. Another show NBC cancelled just as it was getting good.
    i 100% agree, journeyman was fantastic and i cant believe NBC arent learning from past mistakes!

SupremeLegate

[15]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 13

This was the one new show I started to watch this season, and after last season I had said I would watch no new shows, well guess I will just go back to waiting for all the current shows I watch, a list that keeps getting shorter, to end and then I will just stop watching TV.

Also, how come this thing appears to be ignoring my input for font size???

Edited on 11/13/2008 6:43pm
    Edited 2 total times.

musiliu

[16]Nov 13, 2008
    wtf.. they're cancelling my 2nd favorite show after heroes!
    are they really only filming the 9th episode now?

marvelfan89

[17]Nov 13, 2008
    • level: 39

http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/11/nbc-cancels-ene.html

Yes they are finishing with the ninth episode. Too bad. I've also watched Knight Rider but really if I had to pick I'd watch My Own Worst Enemy over it any day.There was a lot going against the show including the slot, very high expectations. It's not a big surprise given that even Heroes can't give a strong enough lead in for the show but oh well. It sucks hopefully they show all the episodes.

benchervin

[18]Nov 14, 2008
    hal9000_basic wrote:
    They are filming the ninth and final episode. NBC has no hit shows. Their only No 1 is Jay Leno and he's been fired. Way to go fellas.
    Um...what about Heroes, and Chuck. Granted Heroes is really disjointed and confusing and not worth it this season, but Chuck is doing pretty well, and it's a much better show.

CJaguar265

[19]Nov 18, 2008
    osdawaya16 wrote:

Thats an insult as much as i like Mine own wosrt enemy and journey. knight rider is god. to blame another show which has no bearing on MOWE sell you GE stock and send NBC a written letter with a box of rice oroni and tell them that six sigma and tell them it does not work.

you are opening a gateway into hell when disrespecting my favorite show knight rider. i was ticked as well when they canceled jorneyman and crossing jordan

Edited on 11/18/2008 5:07am

haldrey

[20]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 22
    I still can not figure how NBC exec brains work, if they have one. They keep cancelling shows with potential without giving them time to develop. Their loss and the gain of other networks. This show started a little bit slow but was gaining momentum very fast and besides there is no other spy show anywhere just crime, crime, crime. Well other than Crusoe another good show of NBC which I heard that is walking the tightrope.