My Own Worst Enemy

NBC (ended 2008)

My Own Worst Enemy Fan Reviews (23)

7.9
  • Not what I was hoping for.

I went into this show hoping for greatness. I was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, it turned out nothing like I was hoping. Here are my gripes with the show.

The only person I even remotely feel any good feelings for is Henry. He is very likable. Edward is simply too unlikable for me. He is overly cold, just like his "friend" from the office. There is NOTHING likable about these characters. I don't know if they are going to mellow out the Edward character some over time, but I find myself not caring about what happens to him just because I dislike him so much. As others have said (at least on other websites), everyone else seems underdeveloped. I know it is only the pilot, but surely they could have built at least one of the other characters a little more. Other shows seem capable. Christian Slater does a great job, but the other actors/actresses either need to step up and make their characters special, or the writers need to start giving them better stuff to work with. Slater can't carry the show on his own, especially when half the time he is despicable (as Edward).