My Own Worst Enemy

NBC (ended 2008)

My Own Worst Enemy Fan Reviews (23)

7.9
  • Had potential but I don't think it was given enough time or effort.

I like Christian Slater and he's a good actor. The premise of the super spy having a switch that will turn him into an average Joe with an average life (wife, kids, job, house, bills, etc) is not that bad. This show could have taken off a bit better if we didn't know what was going to happen after the first two or three episodes. Anytime a mission was to take place, you already knew that Henry was going to show up and almost (or completely) flub up the whole thing with Raymond having to jump in to save him. I think if a little more work had been put into the weekly plot line, more detail into the missions and ones where Henry didn't show up and cause a foobar, it might have taken off a little bit better. I also think the characters of Edward and Henry should have been flushed out a little bit more before the break in the switch occurred. As it stood, it seems confusing and chaotic from the start and we didn't really have a chance to get attached to either one. How can we care about the character and not think "well he's broken so throw him out" if we haven't gotten to really know him?

I hate to see it go, but the PtB want immediate results ($$$) or they figure "it's broken, throw it out" and we lose.