My Parents Are Aliens

ITV (ended 2006)

My Parents Are Aliens Fan Reviews (14)

7.8
  • I was surprised that I actually enjoyed this show. It was not anything completely childish and mindless. It gets worse in the later series, though.

I was very skeptic about this show before I watched it myself. My sister was telling me how good it was but it sounded kind of boring to me. I was expecting it to have some incredibly childish humour in it. However, when I once sat down to watch an episode, I was hooked. I watch it with my sister as often as possible.
    I think the overall idea is brilliant and the fact that there are two aliens in the house, gives a good source of humour via conflict and I like the fact that the parent-child stereotypes are reversed so that most of the time the children are educating the parents rather than the other way round. Lots of humour also comes via misunderstandings, cross-purposes and embarrassment (it makes you go: "Oh God, I can't watch this, it's so embarrassing").
    However, I strongly disliked the fact that the children changed in the later seasons (I stopped watching at that point, my rating is therefore based on the early series). They should have ended the show rather than try and replace the great characters of Mel, Josh and Lucy. Also adding DJ to the family annoyed me slightly. I personally like those episodes with the original five characters the most.
  • This show combines great characters with funny situations creating a wonderful show.

To be honest I think My parents are aliens is not funny but it is amazingly "homsy" . Homsy is a word I made up when I feel really connected to a show. As if it is part of my world. My parents are aliens had everything I wanted to believe in. Aliens coming from outer space who are trying to live in a social community but only have all their effort put into large mistakes.

The storylines of my Parents are Aliens are very good. The morphing into each other was great. Mel was my favourite character and I was upset when she let but I also did like as her replacement or as the new character Harry.

The acting of this show is pretty good alhough the actress playing Lucy needed a little more emotion but she still did a great job. My parents are aliens got better every season but I have to say the seventh season was the best which included Brian making his own relegion, Sophie wanting to be like Marry Poppins and a fight with the neighbours. The way My parents are aliens ended was great but I wish it never did. If you like lovable characters, interesting storylines, alien behaviour and life of teenagers related stories then you will love the never forgotten in my heart show " My Parents are Aliens ".
  • My Parents are Aliens attempts to be funny but isn't, is unoriginal in many ways and simply bores you to death.

Josh, Mel and Lucy were in a foster home until some strange adults came to adopt them. They agreed that they would give it a go, and so they went with them. It soon turns out that the reason they are so wierd is because they are Aliens. First they think about turning them in, but they soon discover that having Alien Parents isn't so bad and when the foster home worker comes to inspect, the children work as hard as they can to cover up the fact that they are aliens. But, it's all gone wrong! Brian (one of the aliens) has changed his look (these aliens can form any body they want) because the old one was somebody on the run from the police! And it's no better for the female alien (forgot her name) because she is a rabbit/hamster/something (not watched it for a long time :P)

It seems like a good storyline, but the way it is put together just isn't right. Not worth watching at all.
  • Tedious.

1.3
    Meet the comedy show without the comedy! It's early life on the drawing boards made it seem an almost acceptable children's show, but between then and now it's been adopted as a family show.

It isn't.

The problem with it is that it's now over-foreseen. I wouldn't mind it if it were being viewed by the right audience, but it isn't. And that's the real problem.

If it's shown on channels such as Nickelodeon you'd presume it would be for young teenagers, including me. And as a young teenage show, it fails.

Unfortunately, the this has caused complete chaos with those who should be watching this show and those who are. And there's one thing in the middle which we're forgetting about: the show. It comes out this fight twisted and bruised.

And if it can't work out it's audience, what chance does this show have?
  • Stupid!

1.7
    WTH(What the hell) is this? This is one of the most retarded shows on TV today it originally aired on CITV in 1999 and it's on hiatus but somehow in 2005 Nick UK got the rights to show repeats of this show. How can anyone love this show? It's stupid and not funny i am surprised that most people love this show and don't come running to me saying you hate me if you love this unfunny crap it's my opinion and i'm not gonna change it. Plus it's idea about kids getting adopted by aliens may sound like a good idea but a show like this one? How can this show make anyone laugh? It may make everyone else laugh but i for one hate this show.
  • Brian and Sophie Johnson are Valuxian Metamorphs from the planet Valux. When they crashland on Earth as part of a mission for alien life, they decide to foster children, who teach them the ways of being a human.

I have watched this show since it began in 1999. I have watched many episodes, all of series one and two, and various episodes from the new series. However, the series changes completely throughout it\'s time on television.
    Series One and Two starred Barbara Durkin as Sophie Johnson. In series three Sophie morphs into Carla Mendonca, which changes the show quite a lot. In Series Four onwards, a laughter track was added to the background. In Series Six the family adopted a fourth child, named CJ. In the Seventh series, Mel moved to Canada, and they adopted a fifth child, called Harry (or Harriet).
    The end of the seventh series saw the children leave for Canada, and Brian and Sophie set off for Valux. But Brian once again pressed that dangerous Red Button, and crashlanded them back on Earth. They then decide to adopt Jaq, Dan, Becky and Eddie.
    This is possibly the last series because of ITV Children\'s TV Production closing. I have extremely enjoyed the show, and will miss it a lot if it finishes.
  • When Brian and Sophie crash land on Earth, they try to adapt to life on Earth.

Josh, Lucy and Mel\\\'s parents died in a car crash so they end up in the children\\\'s home, meanwhile, 2 aliens named Brian and Sophie crash land on Earth, so, scared and confused, they foster Mel, Lucy and Josh in order to learn things about Earth, these include: Bullying, cooking, knitting and even love, but the aliens\\\' secret doesn\\\'t really stay secret for when the time is coming for the children to leave Brian and Sophie to go to college, disaster strikes, Mel goes on a french exchange to Canada (at the end of series 6) and discover a very unusual secret about the aliens.
  • Hmm, not bad

7.7
    Not half as bad as the title or (some) of the acting suggests. But please get rid of that god damn laughter track. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. It doesn't even sound like human laughter. And Charlotte Francis is wasted in this as Lucy. Get that girl into something decent - like Doctor Who or something - she's great!
  • My daughter loves this one

5.9
    My Parents Are Aliens British children's comedy on CITV about an eccentric family, which started in 1999. It follows the lives of three orphaned children, Melanie, Josh and Lucy Barker, and their foster parents Brian and Sophie Johnson. In series 6, they were joined by adopted CJ. In series 7, Mel leaves and is replaced with Harry. The Johnsons are aliens from the planet Valux. They got lost in space and landed on earth. As shown by the opening credits, their house is actually a morphed form of their space ship. The Johnsons also have the power to morph themselves, which often comes in handy for causing mischief.
  • Why is MPAA not on prime time? It whips Will and Grace!

MPAA is the best children's show since Knightmare! The show has improved season upon season and has not only survived cast changes but come on stronger.

It really should be on prime time and not just during the hours sequested for children's entertainment.

It does the Third Rock aliens unfamiliar with Earth customs schtick but funnier and with added scope provided by the aliens ability to morph. Any appearance by Pete (or indeed Brian or Sophie pretending to be Pete) is always hilarious as are apearances from Trent, Frankie and Mr. Whiteside.

My only complaint about the show is that the "new Mel" is well, literally a new Mel! Did they just rub out Mel and write Harry on the scripts?!?
  • My Parents Are Aliens is my favourite British Children's Comedy. It gets better every season.

My Parents are aliens is a laugh roit all the way! It is about two aliens from the planet Valux who have crash landed on the planet Earth. To make sure they don't get found out they adopt three kids; Mel, Josh and Lucy and when they find out that Brain and Sophie (the aliens) are aliens they start this rollercoaster full of laughs.
    During the seasons, the aliens have adopted two new kids; CJ and when Mel leaves for a Canada trip, they adopt a moody female teenager called Harry.
    If you live in the UK, watch it everyMonday, Tuesday and Wednesday on ITV at 4:30pm!
    It is a great show!
  • What i think of this Show And What Its About.

I Absoloutly love My Parents Are Aliens. I think its the best childrens TV Series ever to be created on Television and that it should be shown on TV always. My Parents Are Aliens is about Brian Johnson and his wife Sophie Johnson who are aliens from the Planet Valux. one day their spaceship crash lands on Earth leaving them no ulteritive but to start a life on Earth. First they decide to foster Mel, Josn & Lucy Barker whoose parents Tragically die in a car crash Accident. As the children are starting a new life with their Foster parents they find out about them being Aliens, but decide to carry on living with them.

This Magificent TV Series is full of Laughter, Fright & Embarasment. I garentee you watch it.

My rating out of 10 has to be 10

• this show is really funny! i love it.

This is a great show! It's a comedy, for kids, about 3 kids whose aliens are parents and can morph. It stars Alex Kew, who you might remember from 2.4 children, who plays Josh, the boy who likes skating and hangs out with friends, Danielle McCormack, who plays Mel, a stroppy teenager, Charlotte Francis, who plays Lucy, a science geek, Tony Gardner, the alien father called Brain, and Carla Mendocia plays Sophie, the alien mother. This is really funny and i cna't wait till the air season 7 in september. It's on ITV at 4.25, and it's some great fun!
  • Its amazing better every season and episode.

I love this show its amazing, the characters are funny, likeable and could be compared to real life people. Each episode never fails to make me life. The episode is different they are fun and enjoyable to watch with a moral to learn. The best is the antics the characters get up. Each episode has a different story for each character which is new and it works nicely.