My Pet Monster Forums

ABC (ended 1987)

Anyone else remember this cartoon?

joshjr

[1]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 12
    I can barely remember this cartoon.  I think I remember the stuffed toy more then anything.  I did watch the cartoon but could not tell you what happened in a single episode.  Did anyonye else watch it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Stick49

[2]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 6
    i remember this show. i liked it but it didn't last very long.

scully_tozovmit

[3]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 1

I remember this show. None of my friends do though. They think I'm crazy.

Was there a movie too? ... Because I seem to remember a movie.

I don't know if I ever saw the show on tv, but there was a video of it at our local video store when I was a kid, and I hired it ALL the time. Mum got sick of it LOL.

Anyway I can't remember a thing about the show now, just that I loved it.

Lokar

[4]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 26
    I thought it was really cute. I liked that show. Cartoon Network needs to put up some more reruns.

depplover

[5]May 8, 2008
    • level: 2
    this was one of my favourite shows! i watched it all the time!! i really wish it was on dvd..

DeepSouthern

[6]May 27, 2008
    • level: 6
    I don't remember the actual cartoon, but I remember the theme song quite clearly.

WWinnieF

[7]Aug 13, 2009
    • level: 20

I remembered it all. In truth, the entire franchise was nothing more than a marketing tool. The original 80's plush (which I still have mine) was meant to be a counter to the ultra-girly toys of that era (ex: Cabbage Patch Kids, My Buddy [which was meant to be a boy toy, but was just another doll more than anything], My Little Pony, Care Bears, et al) and its popularity spawned books, puzzles, and at "max"-i-mum, a live-action film of B-list caliber (starring a largely forgettable cast, sans Alyson Court). Anyway, the movie--as mentioned--was originally meant to become a live-action series of similar films, but wound up becoming the short-lived cartoon that only lasted one season before the popularity of the entire franchise went belly up. The franchise's last breath in recent memory was in 2001 when the toy company behind the original plush created another My Pet Monster doll, although this time, the design was flatter, smaller, and more akin to the cartoon version of "Monsi" than his previous plush counterpart (a dead giveaway to this was the fact that this new plush was fitted with a voice mechanism whose sounds were that of the person who voiced Monster in the cartoon).

Edited on 08/13/2009 12:01pm
    Edited 3 total times.

CamiFord

[8]Jun 15, 2011
    • level: 1

I was born in 1983.. I have a brother who was born in 1980.. Apparently he had a " my pet monster" stuffed animal.. My brother moved away when i was 13.. My whole life I've been asking people if they remember the cartoon about the little monster with the orange handcuffs.. Everyone thought i was nuts.. Noone remembered.. So finally i asked my brother if had any clue what i was talking about.. And he did.. So.. I'm not crazy!!!

TheMonkofFate

[9]Sep 25, 2013
    • level: 15

WWinnieF wrote:
    In truth, the entire franchise was nothing more than a marketing tool.
    This isn't the earth shattering truth you make it out to be. The 80s was a haven for marketing tie-ins (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Transformers, Voltron, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... the list goes on and on).