My Sister Sam

CBS (ended 1988)

SrRui

My Sister Sam Fan Reviews (2)

• a wholesome show with the adorable Pam Dawber and equally adorable Miss Schaeffer-Supporting cast is excellent as well-A feel good series with warmth & heart,things missing from today's fare!Miss Schaeffer's personality sparkles as younger sister Patti

Hard to believe the lovely Miss Schaeffer has left us when you see the likeability and genuine appeal of her in this role! If you have never seen this show please watch,if only for the 2 main characters-It's as if they were sisters in real life [Miss Dawber has mentioned the bond they had] I saw all 44 episodes and not one was a dud! That is saying something.It didn't matter what character the episode focused on each week because the dialog was so clever it could easily carry that week's episode -As it was,it became a vehicle for the lovely Miss Schaeffer and as such, deserves to be seen and shared on dvd by her countless fans;and the ones who never saw this well done show!
  • Hit show that suffered the sophomore slump

I remember rushing home every Monday night to watch "My Sister Sam." I loved everything about this show from the catchy Kim Carnes opening theme to the believable sister chemistry of Pam Dawber and Rebecca Schaeffer. Pam Dawber was Samantha Russell, a photographer whose kid sister Patti, played by Rebecca Schaeffer, came to live with her after the deaths of their parents. Jenny O'Hara was Sam's assistant, Joel Brooks her agent and David Naughton her ex-boyfriend/neighbor. Although years later when I was older and saw it in reruns I thought it was a bit silly, when it was originally on I was hooked. After a hit first season, it was moved to Saturday nights which is the graveyard of television and its ratings plummeted in season 2. It was not renewed for a third season. Sadly, a year after its cancellation, Rebecca Schaeffer was killed by an obsessed fan. Great cast and a fun little show.