My Sister Sam

CBS (ended 1988)

SrRui

My Sister Sam Fan Reviews (2)

• Hit show that suffered the sophomore slump

I remember rushing home every Monday night to watch "My Sister Sam." I loved everything about this show from the catchy Kim Carnes opening theme to the believable sister chemistry of Pam Dawber and Rebecca Schaeffer. Pam Dawber was Samantha Russell, a photographer whose kid sister Patti, played by Rebecca Schaeffer, came to live with her after the deaths of their parents. Jenny O'Hara was Sam's assistant, Joel Brooks her agent and David Naughton her ex-boyfriend/neighbor. Although years later when I was older and saw it in reruns I thought it was a bit silly, when it was originally on I was hooked. After a hit first season, it was moved to Saturday nights which is the graveyard of television and its ratings plummeted in season 2. It was not renewed for a third season. Sadly, a year after its cancellation, Rebecca Schaeffer was killed by an obsessed fan. Great cast and a fun little show.