My So-Called Life

Halloween

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 27, 1994 on ABC

• Excellent. Not many shows can pull off the paranormal plot, but this one does.

This was a great episode. I usually HATE these types of episodes, where there's some kind of urban legend that the kids try and figure out and stuff. But i totally bought it. I was actually scared when Angela was walking the hallways of her high school in the dead of the night. And the whole flashback thing with that Nickie Drischol guy, usually i would be rolling my eyes thinking that whole thing was lame, but it was great!

And Angela's usually annoying sister was pretty good in this too. Her Halloween costume was very original, i had a feeling she was going to be going around as Angela. Her parents getting all... kinda put me off though. Rayanne was great, i love that girl. Which is strange because i usually hate those type of neurotic twitchy characters, but she is awesome in this episode. Especially when she catches Brian out for looking at her legs. Brian is so girl crazy though, he longs for Angela but the moment he sees something else remotely feminine, he's a bumbling stuttering mass. But that's Brian. This could possibly be one of my favourite episodes. It was fun. And funny. Two thumbs up.
  • This episode is about the gang discussing the topic of Nicky Driscoll, who died on Halloween. Then they decide to go looking for his ghost at the old school, where he was killed.

I absolutely looove this episode because it was interesting. It was everything I expected it to be. I mean the fact that Angela realized that, in a way, Jordan was sort of like Nicky. So she tries to get through to him because she doesn't want him to end up like Nicky. It was funny at times. I like the fact that it had a little horror stint to it. But some of the scenes I really didn't get. Overall, I liked it and wouldn't mind seeeing it again. The part when Brian was looking at Rayanne's legs was cute. It was hilarious when he denied it when Rayanne asked him. What was also funny was when Brian decided to go as himself for Halloween. I'm glad Angela was able to save Jordan before he ended up like Nicky.
  • This episode is about Angela, Rayanne and the rest of the gang getting ready for Halloween. But everyone really starts to think of the legend of Nick Driscoll who played a prank but fell from the rafters and died.

This is one of my favorite shows in this series next to

"Betrayal" of course. But anyway Angela and the rest of the

gang decided to go back to school at night. They wanna see

if the legend is real. Angela sees Nicky everywhere and

figures out that Nicky is in some sort of way like Jordan.

So the gang split up and Angela ends up wandering the halls

of the school by herself. Then she finds a ticket stub to

the dance of '63. Where she see the students from '63

including Nicky. Then she tries to talk Nicky out of

going through with the prank. She tries to tell him that

he has a chance to get his life straight but she fails

to get the message to him. But she sets out to get the

message through to Jordan the next day and she succeeds.

Then when she opens her book she see the red rose that

Nicky gave his girlfriend before he died in it.