My So-Called Life

So-Called Angels

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Dec 22, 1994 on ABC

• They did basically the exact same thing in the episode Halloween, but just changed the theme to Christmas.

Ok, i thought this episode was going to be fantastic. The opening shot of Rickie falling to the ground and coughing out blood made me feel so sad. They had the chance to make this a real tear jerker, except i was left feeling bored and annoyed. Especially when that chick with the guitar ended up being an angel. You may not believe me, but i saw that coming from a mile off, in the moment she said "she was looking out for Rickie".

How heartless is Angela's mother? I mean seriously, i think she has no heart. She blatantly sees Rickie's mashed up face, but turns him out like it's not her problem. What a witch, does she have no soul? Does she not know it's Christmas time? No matter how hard i try, i just cannot find myself to like her... at all. And her little bit of redemption at the end didn't move me either. It was so blase.

The only upper in this episode was Rayanne. She is fantastic, and the part where she tried to make "Steve" happy over the phone was classic. And i really liked the fact that "Steve" hung up the phone and didn't get all sleazy or whatever. Steve is great and so is Rayanne. But apart from them two, nothing grabbed me as brilliant. Except this is a Christmas episode. They like to do these types of episodes during that time. But they could have done it a lot more better i think.