My Super Sweet 16 Forums

MTV - Music Television (ended 2008)

If they did this for normal girl would you still watch it?

kitty_girl_123

[1]Jun 20, 2006
    • level: 33
    Like if they gave a normal or poor girl a cretin amount of mooney, would you still watch it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sp0iLeDpRiNcEs5

[2]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 14
    i dont no. it wouldnt  b the same

o_c_f_a_n

[3]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 7
    it funny watching spoilt girls getting what they want and then when they dont they moan and cry image them as normal people

KrzyDegrassiKid

[4]Jul 1, 2006
    id still watch

as long as it was interesting

YPRikku

[5]Jul 7, 2006
    • level: 4
    Yeah ..thats what this show should do..I dunno surprise someone less fortunate with an amazing party...it would be better than seeing these kids..because they get whatever they want..how about doing something for someone who doesent have much....I don't think watching people spend their money is fun at all...I mean when I'm at the mall buying a ton of stuff..I don't want to watch myself do it for entertainment....I really don't like this show..but I can't stop watching it.

KatieWagnersSis

[6]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 23
    Yes, because at least the normal girl/boy would be greatful they even got a sweet 16 party.

cara_cutie

[7]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 2
    I think its a great idea!

XxCraziiBabiixX

[8]Jul 20, 2006
    Yeah i would probabally watch it more. it kinda gets annoyin when girls are like omg this party piece will only cost 2000 dollars....we need to spend more. I dont really like when rich ppl just brag about there money.

boildacabbage

[9]Jul 23, 2006

KatieWagnersSis wrote:
    Yes, because at least the normal girl/boy would be greatful they even got a sweet 16 party.

Ditto. I hate the spoiled kids that complain even when their party is brilliant.

Asterisk09

[10]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 11
    yes, i would totally watch a normal person getting a sweet 16. At least they're grateful for what they're getting. Those rich brats are never grateful or satisfied with their parties. Plus, they're never happy. They're always competing with the previous Sweet 16-ner and try to make their party even better. But it's never enough because another one will come around and make theirs even better. It's a never ending cycle. So those parties have nothing special in them because in a month, they're forgotten. Kids will always be talking about the latest party and how rad it was.

Califman831

[11]Aug 10, 2006
    This show makes me miss the 80's when MTV actually played music videos instead of hour after hour of reality tv.  All the kids on this channel with the exception of pimp my ride don't deserve anything but a kick in the a$$.  If they want to keep showing rich brats then stick them in a survival situation, maybe a bootcamp where they got to deal with the elements ant creatures that consider this kids to be food.  That would be fun to watch.

paula_mccall

[12]Sep 4, 2006
    • level: 6
    I think it would be a great thing to see a normal girl get a party but I would miss the laughs you from watching spoilt brats get what they want in an OTT way!

MeLnificant

[13]Oct 5, 2006
    • level: 5
    yeah i would it would be nice to see a reg. middle class girl on the show but than sometimes see the rich, spoil girls.

lilsims2fan113

[14]Oct 9, 2006
    • level: 6
    I would... mostly because then it shows people that are just like us.  I do admit that its hilarouis when those spoiled brat's party goes horribly wrong.  It also wont show those girls going "I wonder what my daddy bought me... OMG its a car!)

NCIS_obsessed

[16]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 18
    I was actually thinking about that the other day. I don't think people would watch if it was normal- sadly. I mean, I love the show but they do promote materialism and I think people like to watch it because the culture of rich is facinating. As much as you may want to, you can't stop because it is something you're not exposed to everyday

Gymnasticstar69

[17]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 1
    I dunno bout whether i'd watch it for a normal person cuz its realli funny watchin the spoilt kids get everything they want. I'm having a huge super sweet 16 but i hope i'm not to much like those girls!lol

bookworm9328

[18]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 18
    It would be nice to see a normal girl get a party than watching some spoil brat whinning how their party dress isn't what they wanted or whatever. I mean, sometimes when I watch this show, I want to slap some of those girls. They treat their parents with disrespect and may I remind you who is spending like a million freaking dollars on their party they want? Oh yeah, their parents! If that was ever me, my mom would have gotten mad at me and just be like "FIne, you're paying for your party then". I mean, those girls are ungraceful and they must make their party perfect just so it can be better than some other party. They're spoil and don't realize how lucky they are to be able to have a party! If they did this for a family who couldn't afford to have a big party, it would be nice. It might not be as funny, but it would be nice. It would also be a changed from watching a bunch of spoil brats who need to be slapped.

SmilesAlot

[19]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 12
    Well to tell you the truth it would be kind of boring if its for a regular girl. i know they're more grateful and all but it doesnt seem interesting.

MrssMargeraa

[20]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 1
    it probably would be as good... but i would still watch it.