My Super Sweet 16 Forums

MTV - Music Television (ended 2008)

Submission Guidelines - My Super Sweet Sixteen

yay_boredom

[1]May 6, 2006
    • level: 18

EPISODE SUMMARIES AND RECAPS (TV.COM)

Episode summaries are meant to encapsulate all information about a specific episode of a show. If you need to create a new episode, go to the main contribute index and select "add new episode." Existing episodes can be updated either by navigating to the specific episode from the episode list or by selecting it on the contribute index page.

Note that all episodes submitted for a season that does not yet exist on the site must go through moderation, even if the submitting user is the editor of the show. This forced moderation is a preventive measure against abuse of editor power. These new episodes will be made a top priority of the staff at TV.com.

Best practices for the episode summary:

• Episode summaries and the recaps that follow them should not contain opinion and should be as neutral in tone as possible.
    • The summary should be vague and should not contain any spoilers. The recap is the opposite and should be as comprehensive as possible, containing full plot elements.
    • Episodes should be ordered by their airdate on American television, unless there is a majority consensus by the community on another ordering scheme.

EPISODE QUOTES (TV.COM GUIDELINES)

Quotes are specific dialogue between characters. Quotes submitted should always be specific to the episode, not the show, and should be formatted as follows:

< b >Person A< /b >: Person A dialogue.
    < i >(Person B nods)< /i >
    < b >Person B< /b >: Person B dialogue.

Please do NOT use any quotation marks.
    Please do not use < p > or < br > tags.
    Please put html tags for italics around any "action" (as shown above) - using < i > and < /i > tags.
    Please put the colon OUTSIDE of the < /b > html tags.

EPISODE ALLUSIONS

Please only do Allusions referenced.

A Good Allusion:

Person C: The theme of my party is Quentin Tarantino.

Quentin Tarantino was the popular director of films such as Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill.

A Bad Allusion:

The dress that was in the store she was shopping looked exactly like a dress Lindsay Lohan wore to a movie premiere.

EPISODE NOTES AND EPISODE TRIVIA (TV.COM)

Notes are off-camera tidbits about an episode. They should contain off-camera events that deal with a show's production. They should not deal with on-camera events or trivia. (Good example of notes are ratings, scheduling etc.)

Trivia is any small detail or goof that might not be known to people who view an episode. Trivia is attached at the episode level, not the show level. It should be specific to what aired in the episode and not deal with off-camera events, which should be submitted in the "notes" form. A car license-plate number is trivia, and a producer walking off the set is a note

I am looking for a Trusted User so don't hesitate submitting!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

yay_boredom

[2]May 6, 2006
    • level: 18

Comments

• If what your adding is a new trivia, quote...etc. Just type in a random letter, I don't need an explanation.
    • Since Notes are off screen notes, please tell me your source. I want to make sure info is accurate.
    • If you are revising something, tell me exactly what you're revising. Otherwise, I'll reject it, because I'll figure you haven't changed anything. Also, tell me WHY it needs to be revised.
    • If you are deleting something, please include a message on why it should be deleted. Remember to mark the delete button.

Final Thoughts (TV.COM)

The HTML allowed is extremely limited and mostly used for font decoration.
    • All forms will process your paragraph separations automatically. There is no need to use br or p tags.
    • You should mimic the formatting styles that already exist on the site. Not doing so could lead to your submissions being rejected.
    • You can find instructions and helpful hints on the right side of every form by rolling over the question mark icons

The following HTML tags are allowed: < b >, < strong >, < em >, < i >, < br >, and < p >. You can learn more about HTML here.

REMEMBER

That everything, should be in your own words. Copying and pasting ANYTHING (quotes being the exemption) directly from another site, will NOT be accepted and could result in serious penalities with TV.com members. Paraphrasing is okay though, but enough to make it significantly different.

Edited on 05/06/2006 9:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.