My Super Sweet 16 Forums

MTV - Music Television (ended 2008)

UH Lucky!!!!

Lov2shop

[1]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 13
    All this people from sweet sixteen are so lucky. They had like some of the best sweet sixteens ever. I watched one episode were a girl got a suv and a convertible!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

o_c_f_a_n

[2]Jun 25, 2006
    • level: 7
    i would love to have that much money it would be great and have a huge party like that feel like a princess

Sp0iLeDpRiNcEs5

[3]Jun 26, 2006
    • level: 14
    i have that much money, but im not spoiled or anything cuz my dad doesnt really let us spend it 2 much

RedsnGreens

[4]Jun 27, 2006
    • level: 16
    Does it make them happy, tho? After the party and a couple weeks later, there's gonna be another sweet 16 to go to. Everyone's just competing to have the best party. Did you see the episode with the girl Cindy (she was Asian) and she was such a prick, even to her mom. I wouldn't want to be her, even if I did have a lot of money, if I would be such a witch.

CartoonAddict

[5]Jun 27, 2006
    • level: 10
    Sp0iLeDpRiNcEs5 wrote:
    i have that much money, but im not spoiled or anything cuz my dad doesnt really let us spend it 2 much

ditto. dad's like to save money, mine does too. He had enough money to get this new BMW he wanted and at last minute, he decided not to get it because he wanted to save his money. LOL. dads...

Sp0iLeDpRiNcEs5

[6]Jun 27, 2006
    CartoonAddict wrote:
    Sp0iLeDpRiNcEs5 wrote:
    ditto. dad's like to save money, mine does too. He had enough money to get this new BMW he wanted and at last minute, he decided not to get it because he wanted to save his money. LOL. dads...
    i no. sometimes, when hes in a good mood, he likes 2 spend money.

pinkgirl_41

[7]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 17
    me know all about that from your pms.and these girls r lucky but they are too spoilt!

Gymnasticbabz

[8]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 1

Well my dad's really rich but i'm not like totally spoilt or anything. He normally lets me have wat i want like for my 14th birthday this July me and about 10 of my friends went shoppin in France for a week .It was awesum but i've gotta do sumthing much better than that 4 my 16th. Any ideas?

Asterisk09

[9]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 11
    I know it's nice to think that those girls have awesome lives because they're rich and get what they want. But there's so many other problems in the world that are more important than whether they get a convertible or not, whether they have a celebrity as a b/f or whatever. In the end, it just shows how materialistic they are.

froggirl8019

[10]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 4
    This show is one of my guilty pleasures. I really like this show because I never had a sweet 16. I love the variety of parties people have; a Cinderella-theme and a Winter Wonderland theme are just two of my favorites. However, I am disappointed with the behavior of some of these kids. They are spoiled and at times, ungrateful. However, there are exceptions. I think two of the nicest were Alex and Jackie. They were extremely grateful for their parents for shelling out so much money and thanked them. endlessly. I hope future sweet 16ers are just as nice & grateful. God bless

Gymnasticstar69

[11]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 1
    I luv this programmae sooo much and as spoilt as i might be I hope i'm not like some of the girls on here. I mean my parents are shelling out for my party next year, which i've started planning, and although its got to be perfect i'm not crying over like whether the centerpieces cost more than $1000 or not. Lol

Love_ya24

[12]Dec 6, 2006
    • level: 42
    I'm turning 16 next year and I'm not really going to go all out for it. I'll probably just go California and probably Hawaii for 3 weeks which will just make me happy. I don't need a huge party because where I live, nothing really happens. lol I'll just go party in the big cities. lol

222Kandi

[13]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 25
    Yeah, some people don't need big parties to have a great birthday. Even though it can make it better......lol

nicesweetgirl36

[14]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 15
    Those people are very lucky. Sometimes I wish I could do that, but then I think I'm happy with what I got.

lequericacalvo

[15]Apr 29, 2007
    • level: 32
    Lov2shop wrote:
    All this people from sweet sixteen are so lucky. They had like some of the best sweet sixteens ever. I watched one episode were a girl got a suv and a convertible!

Meaning they have money, they dont need to be lucky, money dont say everything, is what you have inside and what you have to say says a lot from you, instead of money.

uscgirl

[16]May 28, 2007
    • level: 34
    RedsnGreens wrote:
    Does it make them happy, tho? After the party and a couple weeks later, there's gonna be another sweet 16 to go to. Everyone's just competing to have the best party. Did you see the episode with the girl Cindy (she was Asian) and she was such a prick even to her mom. I wouldn't want to be her, even if I did have a lot of money, if I would be such a witch.

Agreed. I remember watching Sophie's episode and thinking just how mean she was and feeling sorry for her mother. I don't think they are really happy because happy people don't normally act like they hate those who don't give them anything they want when they want it.

24TVfanatic

[17]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 6
    I find that most girls on this show are just spoiled rotten and it makes me feel so bad for the parents. I could never in my life ask that much of my parents no matter how rich they were. I'm just grateful every year for the small presents I get and I don't expect anything more. My 16th birthday is coming up in august and I honestly don't want to have a party. Sweet 16's are just overrated.

xocaitixo

[18]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 7

o_c_f_a_n wrote:
    i would love to have that much money it would be great and have a huge party like that feel like a princess

i know!!! it would be an amazing feeling to get a party like that.......also to get whatever you want....

lol

umutruffle

[19]Jun 27, 2007
    Ditto

Trax72

[20]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 3
    All the girls/guys on this show are spoiled, some worse than others. They are attention whores as well since they're 1) having a huge extravagant party to show off and 2) having it shown on TV to boot. They think they're all that, but the reality is that they aren't rich, their parents are. Unfortunately most of them don't realize how fortunate they are, and take it for granted. Makes you wonder if they can ever stand on their own two feet when they grow up or how they would deal with it if their rich parents went bankrupt or something. I can't really feel too sorry for the parents if they get treated badly, since it's their own fault for pampering their kids too much instead of raising them properly and teaching them about the value of money. That said, I can't really imagine what it's like to have such an abundance of wealth available, I suppose it completely changes your perspective. Anyway, I generally can't bear watching this show for too long, the spoiled (and usually shallow) brats get on my nerves too much. The only mildly entertaining thing about the show is when something doesn't go their way and they b*tch and moan about it. As for the rare exceptions that are actually thankful for their good fortune, good for them, and kudos to their parents.