My Three Sons Forums

ABC (ended 1972)

Thanks for the great guide!

Mac-Ale

[1]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 60
    I see that the editor still signs on to TV.com and just wanted to say thanks for the best and most detailed "My Three Sons" guide on the internet. I started watching the show in the late 60s when episodes beginning right after Demarest started were re-run in the mornings on CBS (I also watched first run episodes in the evening) and my mother used to talk about the earlier episodes. Its great having the resource here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

youngbrowny

[2]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 21
    You are very welcome. Although most of information is hidden, I too hope that it is the most exhaustive research ever done on the series. For new fans it should be a treat!

Hopefully the powers that be will play "My Three Sons" to a whole new audience very soon. It has been out of general syndication far too long and is only seen sporadically throughout the United States. Here in Australia it is no longer being seen on cable tv at all.

One things for sure... quality survives and all I can suggest is that people keep writing their local stations asking for it to be played. The more interest that is generated, the more they will see that people want to watch it.

I am in contact with a US Video marketing company who have shown interest in seeking the rights to bring the series to DVD. It might be a long way off, but at least its a start.

Thanks again for your kind words,

regards, Geoff Brown.

FredScuttle

[3]Mar 21, 2007
    • level: 43
    It's making a somewhat small comeback. I've got two TV stations in my area that air it now. One daily, one starts on Sundays only, beginning April 2nd. Both appear to be showing the color syndicated package (where they start with the episode where Mike gets married, and finish with the 10th season. (the other package shows the B&W episodes, then skips to the 11th season)
    Edited on 03/21/2007 12:54pm

Mac-Ale

[4]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 60
    I would love to see the B&W episodes as they were truly "lost" to me when CBS re-ran its own episodes on daytime TV in the late 60s and early 70s. All I had was my mother to tell me the backstory of Mike and Bub.

FredScuttle

[5]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 43
    Mac-Ale wrote:
    I would love to see the B&W episodes as they were truly "lost" to me when CBS re-ran its own episodes on daytime TV in the late 60s and early 70s. All I had was my mother to tell me the backstory of Mike and Bub.

When I was a kid, the local station (same station that's showing it now) showed My Three Sons, the ones that started with Ernie...years later, I got cable, and Nick at Nite started showing the B&W episodes...it was almost like watching another show

tvking1

[6]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 42
    I concur with Mac-Ale, Geoff. You seem very knowledgeable about this show. Perhaps you should considerwriting a book about it. Do you know of any books about it currently on the market? Also, I remember a forumdevoted to MTS a few years ago that I used to visit and post on occasionally.My old computer broke down about three years ago and I purchased a new one, and after that I could no longer find the forum. What happened to it?

youngbrowny

[7]Aug 9, 2007
    • level: 21
    Yes I remember that forum and it still exists although almost no one posts anything legit anymore...

www.voy.com/15365/

Thanks for your kind words. Regarding a book, I have tried several publishers and avenues in the last five years but the issue of copyrights nearly always brings it to a halt. I also had the opportunity to contribute to a dual biography of Fred MacMurray and actress wife June Haver in 2005 but this was shelved at the last minute when Haver died suddenly aged 79. Last I heard the author was still trying to get it done through another publisher.

If you are interested, email me via my profile and I can send the complete guide to you in a Word document. It's a few MB and when printed is over 200 A-4 pages long, but its the closest you will ever get to a "book" version.

Geoff.

tvking1

[8]Aug 24, 2007

Thanks for the offer, Geoff. I'll consider it, if I'm ever ready. If there's ever a DVD release, I would recommend you for audio commentary. Also as a consultant to an episode on M3S of E! True Hollywood Stories.

I recently purchased the book "Meet The Mertzes" and just started it. So far I've already learned what a character William Frawley was, and though I already knew of his and Vivian Vance's dislike for one another, I'm learning just how bad it really was. What a shame!

BTW, any comments on my thread "MTS:The Movie"? It's a shame the M3S guide is so seldom visited. It's like that on a lot of the show guides I visit.

Joe (tvking1)

tvking1

[9]Aug 24, 2007
    BTW,I just visited the site at www.voy.com/15365/, and I know what you mean. There are so many posts from people trying to plug their products for free. Those posts should be deleted in short order, then maybe more people would post relevant messages.