Mystery Science Theater 3000 Forums

Comedy Central (ended 1999)

Didja here 'bout this?

HCShannon

[1]Oct 30, 2007
    • level: 7
    BBI (or what's left of it)is coming back into buissness and starting a new website that features animated shorts with Tom, Crow, and Gypsy. A lot people are saying they are just trying to mooch of the success of the former cast members new projects (RiffTrax, Cartoon Dump, etc.). What do you guys think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jamoon2006

[2]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 36
    I think that if it's up to the quality of the show, it'll be good. That being said, without Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, Bill Corbett and the rest of the team, it may not be as good. But these shorts also sound like they're in a different vein...not so much riffs as cartoons. I'll definitely check them out when they're posted.

HCShannon

[3]Nov 5, 2007

Joel has a new site called "Cinematic Titanic" which features a lot of the originals, too

jamoon2006

[4]Nov 6, 2007
    • level: 36

HCShannon wrote:
    BBI (or what's left of it)is coming back into buissness and starting a new website that features animated shorts with Tom, Crow, and Gypsy. A lot people are saying they are just trying to mooch of the success of the former cast members new projects (RiffTrax, Cartoon Dump, etc.). What do you guys think?

Well, I watched the first cartoon and thought it was terrible. Not only did it have none of the spirit of the series, but it wasn't funny. I can get over different voices for Crow and Servo, but they should at least be funny, whoever is voicing them. Shoddy animation and boring presentation. Plus, who else hates the new "modified" MST logo? Thanks, Jim Mallon, for absolutely destroying what was left of MST3K. I'll stick with Rifftrax, the Film Crew and await Joel's new venture.

HCShannon

[5]Nov 25, 2007
    Well said, those cartoons suck!

dragiiin123

[6]Apr 19, 2009
    • level: 9
    i liked them

Lokar

[7]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 26
    I'll give it a try. I just wish they'd give us full-season DVD sets. They probably can't because of copyright issues... but it's still fun to wish sometimes.