Mystery Science Theater 3000

Future War

Aired Unknown Apr 25, 1999 on Comedy Central

• Futere Wax!

[#37]

The science fiction craze unleashed cheap duplicates from the 70's to the 90's. Cheap duplicates like Future War from 1997. This flick has a bunch of elements from Jurassic Park, The Terminator, and Predator combine in one horribly acted duplicated with laughable SFX. And due to the surprising amount of boxes puts this gem on the 50 worst movies of all time list at number 37.

Okay, this film or whatever it is didn't show the future, there was no war, but there was a lot of cardboard boxes. In fact this movie shoulda been called "Box-grabin'" it be stupid but it would have made more sense. Surprisingly, the episode turned out to be my favorite from the last season. Lots of great laughs here, and Crow made a point that the director didn't look at the movie! And there's a cool bit during the credits where Mike fools with toy dinos and also a Tom Servo, resulting in a big Tom showing up! That made me laugh so hard my tummy kinda hurt. That makes me feel satisfied. Host segments were solid, I do like the LSD test the bots take, but I didn't know Gyspy had legs. This ended to be my favorite and yet underrated episode of the final season.

A+