Mystery Science Theater 3000

Comedy Central (ended 1999)

fireballil

User Score: 11943

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Fan Reviews (71)

• I'm a MSTie, and proud of it!

What can I say about this show that hasn't already been said? We know it's original, we know it's got easily one of the best theme songs ever recorded (lalala) and the characters are all so lovable, even if their supposed to be the villians. First off, you have to love the bots. They are the first thing you notice on the show. You instantly grew attatched to them, maybe even had a favorite before you knew their names. Next, there's the human. We've all seen humans, neither Mike or Joel jumps out at you right away. And, durring my first couple of times watching the show, I couldn't tell who was who. Joel, in my opinion, was the better/ funnier one. I always loved his connection he had with the bots, almost fatherly like. Mike acts so hyper that he might as well be one of the bots. There's nothing wrong with Mike, and he did make some very funny moments, but Joel was just so "sleepy voiced"... I don't know, I just thought that was the funniest thing in the world. He downplays himself so that his bots will stand out. Mike was always wanting to be in front of the camera, where Joel knew that Crow and Servo were going to steel the show, so he didn't bother fighting it.

All and all, I still love this show a great deal. It was original, clever, and well written to the enth degree.