MythBusters Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on Discovery ChannelIn Season

Short season?

antdude

[1]Feb 23, 2014
    • level: 27
    Hello.

Is it me or is this season going to be a short one. I saw that next week's episode #8 will be a season finale from last night's episode #7! Wow. So, when will the new season going to start then?

Thank you in advance.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GolfDude825

[2]Feb 26, 2014
    • level: 32
    they are breaking the season up .. more episodes likely in june.. i doubt they go without a new show until september

its merely a "Winter" Finale, not really a "season" finale

antdude

[3]Mar 1, 2014
    GolfDude825 wrote:
    they are breaking the season up .. more episodes likely in june.. i doubt they go without a new show until september

Ah OK. Thanks.

antdude

[4]May 18, 2014
    GolfDude825 wrote:

No new updates? It's almost June.

GolfDude825

[5]May 19, 2014
    they have been very quiet about this..

they have been continuing their live tour show, but seem to breaking from that in july and early august (they will be in australia for the 2nd half of august) and then again from september-late november they have downtime..

so likely theyd be recording shows within those time frames..

maybe in late august wed see something, but discovery hasnt given any details since they said the show was renewed..

Spielor09

[6]May 23, 2014
    • level: 2

I've seen on Wikipedia that there are two new episodes listed that were shown on an Australian network. Are these regular episodes or specials? And why are they only shown in Australia? I know you said something about a tour in Australia so my first assumption was that they are specials of some sort. But you also said that the tour would be there in August.

Anyway, I am a bit confused.

Edited on 05/23/2014 10:16am
    Edited 2 total times.

GolfDude825

[7]May 27, 2014
    yes there are 3 episodes that have aired in australia but not the US.. regular episodes that discovery US keeps holding off on airing for some reason... now discovery did advertise those episodes in their video promo for the season, and even mentioned them in their press releases for the new season , but never aired them..

the live tour show has been touring the us/canada the last few years, and in august they are going to australia for that tour for the first time.. ( this has nothing to do with their tv show) , but the trip does affect the shooting schedule for the shows..

if u follow their facebook and twitter, you know they have been working on new myths for the new shows, so its not like they havent been doing work for the show..

right now discovery has given no updates on new episodes
    Edited on 06/02/2014 4:44am
    Edited 2 total times.

GolfDude825

[9]Jun 2, 2014
    i was very fortunate to see one of the unaired episodes in full today (all 3 unaired episodes in the US have the US narrator for the show, so the episodes are not being held back b/c of that).. and i must say.. it may be getting held off here b/c it will require a lot of editing to cut in commercials.. it had a nearly 50 minute run time.. they are gonna have to chop a lot from the episode (10 mins worth) for US broadcast (US episodes tends to run 40-41 mins), and it may be proving very difficult to do for a 1 hour slot.. they may need a 75 minute slot for this episode

also the events at the end of the episode may also be throwing a wrench into its delayed airing.. and no i wont say what that is to prevent spoilers of the episode results.. but what occurs could be considered a first in the history of the show depending how you look at it...
    Edited on 06/02/2014 4:41am