MythBusters Forums

Saturday 9:00 PM on Discovery ChannelBetween Seasons

They cheated in "Back of the Hand" myth

Spielor09

[1]Nov 12, 2012
    • level: 2

First of all, I love the MythBusters and I have never before doubted their integrity, but in the "Back of the Hand" myth, they cheated on purpose. And I don't even know why, because it was just a quite irrelevant mini myth.

Every control hand was photographed with the peg between the middle and the index finger, but the 12 test subjects were photographed with the peg between the middle and the ring finger.

And don't tell me they might not have noticed because they showed Adam ask the test subjects how they recognized their hands so quickly but they never showed anyone answer that question.

I think they should make a statement concerning this, because their success is based on believability and it could be hurt by this.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GolfDude825

[2]Nov 15, 2012
    • level: 32
    I would post that on their discovery channel forums.. They would see it there.. They don't view this site for myth questioning...

Spielor09

[3]Nov 24, 2012
    • level: 2
    I would if they still had the forums. Whenever I click on "Discussions" I get redirected to a page called Show Talk that contains a video and the possibility to leave a comment in order to "Sumbit a Myth". Or is there any link I don't know about?

GolfDude825

[4]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 32
    Hmm interesting.. It appears discovery killed off all their message boards for all their shows..

BTRAV

[5]Nov 26, 2012
    • level: 27
    That can't be good...like when this web site took away our blogs.