- "Sodium Jailbreak" - BUSTED! - Blowing a hole in a wall with just one gram of pure sodium is absolutely impossible. A gram didn't even break the bottle. 100 Grams popped the lid off the bottle but not much more. They then switched to potassium which is MUCH more explosive in water than sodium. 500grams contained in a steel tube directed directly at the wall made a nice bang, but didn't puncture the wall. It eventually took a charge of C4 to create the desired effect. - "Bamboo Ultralight" - BUSTED! - The bamboo airplane is impossible to build in 4 hours (more like 4 days). Although the underpowered motor was able to get the plane moving, once it went over the cliff edge, instead if gliding, it fell like a stone to the bottom. Proving there is no way this idea could ever have worked.
- MacGuyver Challenge - Jamie and Adam, need to use their MacGuyver skills to solve 4 challenges.
- Lightbulb Lockpick - TEST PASSED - Using filaments from a light bulb to pick lock. MacGuyver took 52 seconds, Adam eventually got it open after quite a bit more time had passed. - O.J Film Lab - TEST FAILED - Develop a roll of film using only orange juice and ammonia. Although Adam had previous experience in this field, he was unable to recall the correct sequence of exposing the film to the development chemicals.
- Magnetic Compass - TEST PASSED - Create a compass by magnetizing a paper clip inserted in a cork, floated on water. They successfully created an electromagnet and used it magnetize the paper clip.
- Sky-High Signal - TEST PASSED - The ingredients to build a potato cannon were provided to help the lads create a rescue signal that would reach 100ft, but instead they built a kite which eventually attained the desired altitude, securing their rescue.
Great episode - showing that although some of the science behind some of MacGuyver's idea's is in fact sound, it often doesn't work out like this in reality.