MythBusters

Thursday 9:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Jan 23, 2003 In Season

GolfDude825

MythBusters Fan Reviews page 3 of 13

• Who doesn't like an explosion every now and then?

I do still watch the show sometimes but I'm not as excited to do so as I used to be. Some of the myths are just so obviously going to be "busted" that I can't even pretend to be filled with anticipation. Also, I prefer watching Jamie and Adam much more than the other mini-busters as I find them to be a bit too immature and it feels like they try too hard to get a laugh or throw in needless sexual innuendo. Did we really need to have Carrie flash the fainting sheep? Ugh! They sometimes have marathons on the weekends and if nothing else is on it's good for a few episodes. Used to be great and I'd still say it's passable for entertainment.
  • The myths are busted

Can what you see in the movies actually happen? Will you actually find the opposite gender more attractive the more you drink? Will a slap in the face sober you up? The Mythbusters will put the myths to the test!
    Explosions, guns, shocks, destroying cars, and more. This show is definitely awesome and the total opposite of boring. To top it off, it's somewhat educational. Somewhat. But it's definitely exciting!
    The myths are sent in by viewers and Adam, Jamie, Kari, Tory, and Grant test the myths by creating the situation and seeing the results for themselves. All of the possibilities are tested to the extent. In the end, something usually explodes or you have some other crazy thing to replace it. All in all, you get a awesome episode.
  • Who You Gonna Call? Mythbusters!!

When I first watched this show on Discovery Channel, I was captivated by the tests that Adam and Jamie perform to determine whether the myths are real or fake. What keeps this show alive is the fans giving out ideas and sending out messages to the MythBusters to find out if a rocket can really make the car fly, that you could remove the skunk smell with the mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish soap, or that you could tenderize a steak with explosives. Tory, Grant and Kari are a second team of MythBusters with similar or different missions to prove the myths are true or false. If I want to really know the truth about what I saw or heard, I'll let the MythBusters put them to the test. As long as the fans find some more myths, Mythbusters will be the longest-running Discovery Channel's original series.
  • Busting myths? Count me in!

Fell on this show I don't know when, but I am reaaly glad I did. I love this show. I get to learn so much stuff and be entertained at the same time. Jamie and Adam are a really good team. The built team are funny, but Adam is a wack job. I like it when he does his impressions and he changes his voice. My favorite episodes were when they do ninja myths, I think they are really cool. I liked the pod-cast with the guy from askaninja.com and the song about robot Jamie. You can't go wrong with a show like this. A+
  • This show is great.

This show tests some of the myths found all over the world no normal person can normally do. And at the same time the people in it are having a great time and are hilarious. I just love seeing some myths that I heard about but know could never do in a million years. The mythbusters may not look it, but they are actually geniuses. They account for every factor in each myth and have the resources to test it several times. And even if the myth is busted they usually find a way to make it work and that way is always awesome.
  • I love that they are not afraid to try different things out and they will even test it again if people think they did it wrong.

Kind of education and very entertaining. Guns and explosions are usually used in the experiments but not always. I think there is something for everyone. There are episodes with fire, ovens, microwaves, water, cars and even animals... If someone has thought about it then they will most likely try it out. I love that they are not afraid to try different things out and they will even test it again if people think they did it wrong. It is cool that the team are made up of different people who are into different things and have different personalities. It makes the show more interesting.
  • If you love to see explosions this is for you

Mybusters is FAB. It has explosions crashes everything a destruction junkie like me needs. Get Discovery (HD if you can afford that)Also Discovery has lots of other great programs like "How its made"
    , "American chopper" ., "How do they do it" & "My shocking story" Discovery is great , buy it (on sky) Just go for it
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • Mythbusters crew (Adam, Jamie, Grant, Tori and Kari) do just as the title implies: They test and bust myths

Mythbusters crew (Adam, Jamie, Grant, Tori and Kari) do just as the title implies: They test and bust myths. The series began with just Adam and Jamie on screen (Grant, Tori and Kari doing things behind the scenes) but as the series became more popular the others began to show us their stuff. The series is informative, and a little nerdy but in a good way. It has plenty of explosions ( I don mean plenty!). Not only to the test the myth, they test what it would take to get the results the myth stated. I highly HIGHLY recommend this show to anyone!
  • mythbusters is one of my favorite shows.

mythbusters is one of my favorite shows. i think that i have watched all of the episodes. i love seeing adam and jamie doing all kinds of crasy things to test a myth.mythbusters is one of my favorite shows. i think that i have watched all of the episodes. i love seeing adam and jamie doing all kinds of crasy things to test a myth. some of my favorite episodes are the Confederate Rocket where they build a rocket ous of plumbing parts, the steam cannon episode where they try to build a crazy steam cannon, the air cylinder rocket where the test weather or not an air cylinder can go through a concreate wall, the exploding water heater myth where they test if a water heater can go through the roof of a house, and of corse the macgyver special.
  • A good show!

This show is great! What I look forward to is what kind of myths they'll bust!
    This show is good and funny. You get to learn things you never knew. Good education while having entertainment at the same time!
    The people who tests the myths (I forgot the name) are funny and great. They are humorous. They make the show funny and entertaining to watch.

My favorite part of the shows are when they bust myths.
    It's fun to see what kind of myths they bust and if they can or can not. What they will do to test it.

Overall, good and education show! Funny and entertaining!
  • Haha. It's such a clever show. I like it. :)

Two (somewhat) knuckleheads and their team busting myths. Ha ha. Awesome. :) The show has the education aspect, but that's not the entire focus of the show. There's also humor thrown in. And the myths the team busts aren't only outrageous Hollywood tricks or theories that have been around for centuries. (Those are pretty cool too though.) Some apply to normal life like the myth that driving a pick-up truck with the tailgate down increases fuel efficency, or the episode about seasickness. (Grr. I wish I had finished watching those episodes. XD Darn it.) The show is very well-rounded, and great for people of all ages, and nearly of all interest types. (You don't have to love, or even really like, science to enjoy this show.) Woot! Go MythBusters. :)
  • It teaches me, and makes me laugh at the same time

Most people think that watching a documentary find it boring, then they just change the channe, I pity them, they don't know they're missing.

Funny and Educational, I'm also glad that they tests myths and even asks viewers what myth they should test next, and I especially love their Doll, Bust (Who "dies" all the time, at least Kenny has a friend)^^

And it's Definitely better than smash lab, Mythbusters use facts, but smash lab just make things explode or just pulverize them to piece by piece.

The only part I find boring is the "science content" but I know I should'nt find that part boring, since it gives some facts about physics and chemistry.

If you want to watch something that can teach you and watch some extreme smackdown, I suggest you watch Mythbusters, the only documentary, EVER! That doesn't make people bored.
  • It's Mythbustin' Time.

This the best show ever to come to discovery channel. Science is usually dull for me, but the mythbusters have the amazing ability to make science fun and interesting.
    Every episode has a myth that grabs my attention. I have never honestly seen an episode of mythbusters that I didn't
    like, I always have liked every episode I've seen.
    I think that by now, everyone has probably seen this very interesting show,but if you haven't seen it yet, check it out! Theres always something interesting on it. Thank you for reading this review of this show. Stay tuned for my next review. -anderson587
  • MythBusters

Did a Medieval Chinese astrologer make it into space by strapping rockets to his chair and setting them off? Just how hard IS it to find a needle in a haystack? Can you in fact go insane by having water drip on your forehead?

These are just a few of the myths, urban legends, and improbable sayings that the Mythbusters try to figure out. Comprised of special effects experts Adam Savage and Jamie Heineman - as well as their mottley crew of Mythbuilders, Mythterns, and resident 'crash test dummy' Buster - they don't just tell the myths, they put them to the test to see which ones are possible, and which ones are just plain bunk.

Some information found here is thanks to http://www.mythbustersfanclub.com , who helped with episode ordering, season break downs, and other myth information :)
  • Best scientific show I've ever seen.

Adam Savage and Jamie Hydeman (SP?) are the Mythbusters. They test the myths that others are to fearful to try. From the diet coke and mentos craze to exploding cars (especially exploding cars), They'll do anything to prove, or disprove the myth. There are three types of myth classifications, confirmed, plausible, or BUSTED. I tink this show couldn't be better. It fuels my inner pyro, and who doen't like to see others in pain? Plus, the scientific side of it intrigues me. Also, I'm sometimes surprised at how a myth turns out. And finally, the jokes the mythbusters make and the torture they make Buster the crash test dummy endure really make Mythbusters my favorite show on discovery channel.
  • I love these guys

The first time I saw this show, I thought it was gonna be stupid because they were tasting some weird myths, but as you keep watching it, you see that it keeps you entertain, and at the same time you learn some facts that will leave you with your mouth open sometimes. A few examples I can think of, is the myth of elephants being scared of mice. I thought this was fake, but the moment I saw the elephant back away as soon as it saw the mouse, I could not believe it. It is something that will stay with you forever, and you can talk to your friends about it, and they will be interested in the topic as well. Great show. One of the few fun and educational shows on tv that the whole family can watch.
  • Funny and informative.

This is a very funny and informative show. Adam and Jamie are crazy. Along with their crew, they try to find out if certain myths are true or not. The way that they perform their experiments is outlandish and entertaining. Most all of them should never be attempted by anyone that does not have extensive knowledge of what they are attempting. This is one of my favorite shows. This along with Mail Call are the two main shows that I watch for informative purposes. These guys are great. Once you watch, you will be hooked too. I hope this series lasts for quite a while.
  • I love this show its great but.....

I love this show I bet ive seen all the episodes.
    Allthugh some myths (in my eyes) were done wrong and were given false "confirmed" or "busted" stigmas to them, for example the airplaine on the tredmill machine. In my eyes this was not preformed correctly, in that the plane was not going the same speed as the tredmill(in full size).
    There ar others but I cant think of them right now.
    But some of the myths that mythbusters do just seem to be common sense and I bust them before there tested (and most of the time im right)But thrugh all that this is still my fav show.(sorry to sound so critical) but major props to adam and jamey and crew.
    Charles Michael Paskell
  • This show explores common myths and urban legends we hear from friends of friends. How much truth is behind them? Or are they simply tall tales meant to push the imagination? No myth is left untested

We're all quite familiar with myths and urban legends. And it's part of the reason for this shows' success. It focuses on stories that we're all so familiar with, yet in reality, we have so little knowledge of their veracity. Most of us have heard that jumping up at the last second when an elevator falls will save your life. But is that really true? Needless to say, not many people have tried it. Many of us have seen people in movies being shot, and flying 10 meters backwards. But how much truth does that scenario hold? Safe to say, not many of us have tried it and seen it for ourselves.

Mythbusters will go to great lengths to test each of these myths and urban legends. They'll wait for months to see if moss growth will be stunted on a rolling rock. They'll actually sink a ship and try to raise it by pumping ping-pong balls into it. And they'll take every opportunity to blow things up to test myths.

The combination of well-known myths, with absurdly wild methods of testing them, and topped off with massive explosions, collisions, and destruction, all the while learning a bit of science, it's what makes this show a hit.
  • and My Personal Favorite at the same time! Now that's a "Confirmed" for me!

Who could have thought of this! When I first watched this show, which is around 2004 I guess, It's so awesome (except that I found out that all or most of the myths they're doing in the first season are Busted!). At first, I don't know what "Busted" really means, It's either they made it right, or the myth is just wrong! Actually, I now found out it's the second one since "Plausible" and "Confirmed" results showed up in the later seasons! I don't know they can be that good at making stuff (and stunts)! Proving myths and some urban legends to be nonsense or true. At the first season, the Build Team were not present nor shown usually, around the second or third season, they're now a part of the MythBusters! The first ones were, Kari, Tori, and Scottie. Which is weird that their names end up in "I". After several myths and probably a season, Scottie was replaced by Grant (It happens so fast!). At least Grant is a robotics expert! Moving on to the show... It's pretty, Influential? I mean, it can change what people think of those myths! No more superstition I think! I was a little jealous of the kid which got his parents' car blown into shrapnel! He's a fan! Whatever it is! This is the first show I gave with a perfect 10! It's indeed awesome!
  • plausable,probable,busted

I love myth busters ecspecially the team they have now.The show is very entertaining very funny and very interesting.Adam is by far my favorite cast member.Some of the stuff that they do is amazing because you would never believe it would work.I do however miss scottie she was awesome and very skilled at her job.The second team the three muskateers i will call them,consists of two guys who have worked for george lucas on special effects which to me would be the greatest job in the world.Also the chemistry there is great just as it is with adam and jamie.If you have not seen this show then you need to it is great.
  • Funny, Lots of explosions, and Guns. This is the True American TV show everyone should watch. :)

For once in my life im interested in science. lol, this show is very educational and interesting. Full of guns and explosions which makes laughing my head off. Who ever thought of this show is a flipping geanious. (if i spell anything wrong et over it) Anyways when Mythbusers came out i knew there would be other great shows, I looked and i found some, like Dirty Jobs, and the Deadlyiest Catch. This show has thaught me alot of thinks in science, when i get bored in class i think about mythbusters and i feel excited in class lol. Anyways NEVER cancelle this show its very good and entertain. Your the best Mythbusters.
  • Engineering+Mad science=Greatness, and perhaps some explosions...

The show is the best of the best in reality TV today. Educational, informative and down right crazy, this show has it all. The cast all have there great points and as a whole they make a well oiled machine of construction and destruction. Of course a good chuck of the construction and destruction seems to be on poor old Buster or Buster 2. Between Tory Belleci(Master Builder), Grant Imahara(Master of Gizmos) and Kari Byron(super hottie/cutie pie) the Jr myhtbusters add to the already great cast of Jamie and Adam. Thus allowing them to tackle myths in 2 groups or get a lot more work done as one big group for say example the big challenges/big builds/obstacle courses.

So many myths, so little time...
  • A great show that you can count on to be honest.

Mythbusters is a great show because it will test an urban myth several times to see if it is confirmed, busted or plausible. The group is headed by two special effects experts that take a typical urban myth and test it beyond the limits. The great thing about this show is even if the myth is busted, they will go out of their way to see what it takes to achieve the myth.
    Their shows vary from the myth of drinking soda and eating Pop-Rocks, to movie myths (explosions, gun fights, explosions, etc). To keep it as real as possible they do a lot of research and try to use the most realistic as possible items to test the theories.
    The popularity of this show paved the way for many other shows on The Discovery Channel today, yet this is the best one in my opinion. I can see this show continuing for a very long time and it will never get old. Each member of the team is dedicated to what they do and to prove/disprove any myth that comes their way.
  • This is a show everyone should watch! Especially the youngsters.

This is a show everyone should watch! Especially the youngsters.

I can't think of a better show that everyone could watch. No other show is as educational and funny at the same time. Also they test some of the biggest myths there have ever been. You know you want to know if Cockroaches could survive nuclear radiation, or if eating a poppy seed bagel could make you fail a drug test. Trust me when I say there's nothing better to watch then things blowing up or getting destroyed in the name of science. Mythbusters is a fantastic show that I hope continues until every myth has been tested.
  • This show experiments with scientific myths to see if they're good or BUSTED.

There are several aspects of the show that are very appealing. First, there is the fact that it makes a great family show. Second, it gives some insight into science, and is great forum to get kids interested. Third, it's just plain fun to watch.

Kids of any age will enjoy this show. This can be said from experience as someone with four kids ranging in age from 4 to 10. Each and every child clamors to watch Mythbusters. I've watched each child sit in awe as experiments are performed. The ENTIRE family plain loves to watch it together.

The show is also highly entertaining, whether it's watching something fizz out the top of a bottle or seeing them blow up a car. The humor is always evident, and everyone on the show seems to be having such a good time. It makes the viewer laugh right along with them.

Mythbusters = A big thumbs up!
  • What could be better than watching grown men blow things up and test myths that we are too chicken to try ourselves?

This is without a doubt the best show on television. Every time I tune in I get excited about what I am going to see - from blowing up a cement truck to testing whether a full size man can fly a lawn chair strapped to weather balloons. Jamie and Adam are geniuses! They are also completely crazy. They will do anything in the name of science. Perhaps the greatest part of this show is that it is truly a family show. It's educational and entertaining at the same time. Parents can watch it with their kids and everyone is entertained. How often can you say that about television? I have no idea how they keep coming up with new ideas for the show, but they always do. And it is always interesting and fun to watch.
  • Explosions, fire, and people having a good time being nerds. What more could you ask for?

This show is simply, in a word, amazing. The guys are witty, the myths are interesting and the entire show is well done. The physics is a definite plus for me, but then again I am currently taking physics. I enjoy watching them blow stuff up and what I enjoy the absolute most is when, if the myth is busted, they duplicate the results. Their motto, "If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing", makes the show hilarious and just plain fun. All in all, I can't think of anything bad off the top of my head and can only praise the show.
  • mythbusters is awesome

I think Mythbusters is the best show ever to be created and its not just the cool explosions or the cool stuff they do but adam and jamie are funny too they are awesome. i gotta see the new episode with the conveyer belt and the airplane i saw the episode with the lead balloon that was cool how they made A LEAD BALLOON that was pretty cool i really dont have a favorite episode they are all pretty great i kinda think the girl in the build team is hot i forget her name tori and grant are wicked cool well grant isnt that cool but i wish i was tori well that is my review hope u liked it
  • Jaime Hyneman and Adam Savage are the Laurel and Hardy of Special Effects. Surrounded by a team of talented and gifted people, they attack and expose urban legends and Hollywood legends.

I'm a big fan of urban myths, and while The Learning Channel floats its own urban myth series around looking for a place in its schedule, at least I still at least have Mythbusters! The show stars Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman as sort of the intellectual version of Laurel and Hardy with a bit of Abott and Costello as well, two obviously gifted guys who expose crazy urban myths born out of society and make it funny while trying to tick each off. Deep down, these guys really are buddies, but the humor mixed in with the science actually makes the show work. Adam sometimes gets too cartoony and Jamie a bit stodgy, but when they bounce off each other and an experiment goes right, or even funnier goes wrong, it's interesting as they scratch their heads and try to figure out why gasoline won't erupt into flames or their washing machine won't explode. Rounding out the cast is folklorist Heather Joseph-Witman giving the facts or history of the myths, Tory the builder and comic straight man and Kari the redheaded knock-out, a very talented artist in her own right. Of course, the true star is Buster the resident victim. A sort of human-sized articulated mannequin dummy, he's been blown up, set on fire, dropped from the sky and in an elevator and the mute witness to things blowing up in his face. I imagine this series will stay available as long as they can find myths that can be tested scientifically, or at least be able to blow up. This show has to have created the biggest explosion short of a nuclear blast - a concrete truck filled with dynamite. I hear Adam is still looking for where he parked it!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10