MythBusters

Saturday 9:00 PM on Discovery Channel Premiered Jan 23, 2003 Returning Summer 2015

GolfDude825

MythBusters Fan Reviews (387)

• Putting myths and rumors to the test

There's always some story, rumor, myth, or belief that goes around and gets tested on screen and is anywhere proven to be true, possible/valid, or just plain false (aka busted). They even go great lengths such as consulting with scientists and other experts, going to special sites, and obtaining and using special equipment, tools, and supplies; not to mention how that they explain how they did it in a scientific manner. They also come up with plans that they execute in a safe, scientific way, and responsible way and then they measure their results and compare it too what the myth proclaims. There's always an episode or segment that anyone can enjoy and learn from.

A word of warning to any impressionable audience members: Don't try these at home or on your own. Leave it to the experts.
  • Couldn't Finish Latest Episode

2.5
    I gave them 6 episodes to prove their "new format" worked. I couldn't watch the sixth episode all the way through. I won't be watching any more. It's not "Mythbusters" anymore. More like "The Jamie and Adam Amateur Hour".
  • I like the new format

I always called the 3 the "kids" even though they weren't that much younger. Surprisingly I like the new format a lot. I think it's more interesting and gets much more in depth, showing the science of things more. The show before was getting to be just a bunch of clips.

Personally I don't like the way the discover channel and the science channel have been going the last couple of years. They've been getting cheesy, cheap reality vaguely related to science, blah blah. There really haven't been any good science shows on the science channel in a while.

This feels like a return to science while still being fun.

It's more cohesive.

I like it.
  • It's not the same great show any more

What a backward move. The build team broke the episodes up and added character to the show. Now it's just two guys blowing things up and not much else. I keep waiting for them to cut to the build team. The show doesn't have that fun feel any more. I feel the show won't recover and this may be the last series unless the build team return.
  • they mythic egos got in the way of awesome

this is taken from their facebook

i have been watching the new series, and i am so sad to say, the best part is the narrator, i cant believe i was cheering for you guys at the beyond the myths tour, you "back to the roots" idea has massively backfired, the show is about an eighth as good as it was, i know change is a part of life, but ... this is not a good change, i am sorry guys, but if you keep this up you are going to lose a tonne of your fans, this is just, depressing to see what has happened to your once great show, there is now less myths, more look at how cool i am, oh and here is a random celeb, bring back the old mythbusters! it feels like self indulgent tripe, i am sorry to say it guys, but you have lost a fan... and most likely many more :(

stick to the old re runs, its sad whats happened
  • MythBusters busted

I enjoyed the MB mega marathon so I figured I would give the new season a chance, even without Kari, Grant and Tori. Was I wrong worse show ever, You get tired of Adam very quick,disappointing would be putting it mildly. I will stick to watching reruns. Sorry you ruined a great show.
  • Adam idiot

2.5
    Is Adam really as big an ass as he appears to be? Inane "Australian"accents, etc.
  • ikaros

is it possible to fly with wings made only of feathers and candelwax
  • Discovery ruined one of the most entertaining series ever

Now that they fired Kari, Tory and Grant I certainly won't be watching. They didn't even bother to inform the audience about why and when. Discovery Channel really screwed the pooch on this one. The recent zombie episode was also ridiculous. They should just re-hire the build team and get back to busting myths instead of just blowing stuff up. Shame.
  • Seems a bit limited opinion/view/tests

1 random ep (14) DISCOVERY
  • 200mpg Carburetor

There have been stories of late 1930's Ford V8 engines gaining upwards of 100mpgs by atomizing the fuel instead of squirting it directly into the cylinders. Are the BIG OIL companies HOSING us? We would love to find out!
  • Learning is FUN

Who would think that testing the most well known (and not so well known) myths could be so fun and educational. A very interesting show to say the least. Adam and Jamie are a great duo, Adam is always fast with a sarcastic remark and Jamie couldn't care less and is always business (well, most of the time).
  • Parachute from hotel room

2.5
    How exactly would Grant's parachute fit through a window, being so big and all?
  • Not bad but...

Love the variety of mythbusters, but there's a new Nat Geo show called Showdown of the Unbeatables that is also really interesting! Fridays episode looks awesome
  • Ligtning strike to umbrella

I was wondering if lightning were to strike an umbrella, if the fabric would really burn up and disintegrate like I see on cartoons and movies, leaving just the metal frame.

Sincerely,

Hannah age 12

Bethel, OH
  • RIDING MOTORCYCLE ON WATER

I just watched the episode where Jamie rode a motorcycle approximately 300 feet across water. I was wondering if he was to use a rear sand tire how far would he make it. A sand tire has cups on it so it should act like a paddle wheel and keep his speed up so that he could go past the 300 foot mark.
  • I have a new Myth for you.

I would to show you my Myth. Its a big wish from me that my Myth in your program is. Please. When its not so is iam so sad, because iam a so big fan from you that be a sad. Here my Myth: Its right that can bring an entire tree to burn quite a lot of sparklers.
  • Steam Canon problem

You used copper pipe which doesn't have enough mass. When water converts to steam it takes a lot of calories to change from water, still at the same temperature (phase change). The copper pipe didn't have enough mass to convert all of the water to steam instantly. Try it with something as heavy as an old canon and it will work. Leonardo didn't have lightweight copper pipe to work with like we do now.
  • can u do it

4UIFMEM

i was looking at paragliders then i looked up peddling paragliders and it showed tis video but the thing didnt fly i was wondering if u can make a peddling paraglider and that really works if thats plausible

and your show is my favorite and u guys are hilarious
  • Jato car. WTF?

I really like mythbusters some of the myths over the years have been really clever and well thought about, but this return was the worst and most pathetic episode I've ever seen.

Just pointless mindless destruction of perfectly good equipment and cars... No myth busting at all.

It's left me annoyed and frustrated that they spent that much money on something that they were going to destroy for no other reason other than to have "fun". It also promotes it to others who are less intelligent about safety to try it... MINDLESS DESTRUCTION IS POINTLESS AND BORING!

I have all the new 2013 shows recorded and this one makes me wonder if I want to watch the rest.

• c-4 does go boom with a bullit

im sfcmarshall army retired while in Iraq during training we had a miclic fire improperly so had 1250.00 pounds of c4 in a pile I engaged the c-4 with my m85 50 cal withen ten rounds the c-4 blew the key was volume and the tracer thin pieces would never work but if you were engaging c-4 tied thightly in nylon type sack to keep its integrity you could possibly make it happin with a pound

5803528178 call me I can further explain to you

• Some people think its funny.

Others, like myself, think its kind of mindless destruction because most of the things they do are not even myths-they are just out to break things in a very weird & unspectacular ways often, just for the camera eye. It basically just boring. but it also sort of encourages young people to try stupid stuff so they can record it and put it on You Tube and be famous for five minutes. Kind of BS really; I hope they bomb in the ratings.
  • Starterspray

Hi

Das starterspray hilft nur den Reifen auf die Felge zu bekommen,um luft hinein zu bekommen!!!!

Das Starterspray zwingt durch die verpuffung den Reifen nur auf seinen platz an der Felge.

alles andere ist unsinn

• jato car 2013

an idea instead of the rockets being in-line why not put them together to form an (o) that way to force is focus to push
  • Jato Car #3

I just watched the 3rd jato car attempt and I am very frustrated! They not only ruin a vary nice car but they do a terrible job with the myth. They use a line of small sand bags to simulate the "burm" in the myth. Well the bags were way so small and light and they simply just push the bags out of the way. They do end up using two cars and a ramp on the second attempt instead of silly bags. They should have just used two different angled/length ramps to see if one worked better than the other. They also do not allow the car to get up ta any sort of reasonable speed before hitting the rockets. They give the car 1300 feet to get to speed and it needs at least 2500 in my opinion to get a better base speed before using the rockets. This show is making me mad! It seems so obvious after they have tried this 3 times that thy would possibly do it the right way.
  • Ghost Debunking

I like your TV series and had an idea for a good one that I thought I would share..

You should have a Ghost Debunking Episode were you test the equipment that they use, such as the EMF (that is supposed to only light up if an ghost is near), to see if other equipment that they use can interfere and set it off, or cell phones, radio's etc.. You could test the digital voice recorders that they use to see if it is possible that after multiple sessions using the same recorder that words could bleed through that could be interpreted as being ghosts..

Recently on Deep South Paranormal there was an episode were they are at a dam were people supposedly see a lady in black. A couple of their guys are in a boat going down river, in it they have a mirror, about 16 or more candles burning, an voodoo doll of the lady in black made of straw or some other kind of grass lying on the mirrow.. Supposedly they are going down the river and doing some kind of chanting to draw the spirit of the lady in black to them.. And sure enough as they approach the dam, the camera catches an apparition of the lady in black moving behind a tree, which they proclaim has to be the lady in black that everyone has been seeing what else could it be? I believe that it is possible that the mirror reflected the candle light with the voodoo doll lying on it and projected a shadow of it on the walls of the dam and with the boat moving it would have appeared that the black shadow was moving.. Anyways, I think this would be a great episode for you... You could even show footage from the Deep South Paranormal episode..
  • BUSTCRAZY

i am a VERY huge fan of you and i would like for you to bust a myth for me. if you slid a revolver across the floor will it shoot the gun
  • Jean myth

I am a huge fan and I have a myth for you.

On every Levi Strauss pair of jeans there is an illustration of two horses pulling the jean in opposite directions. The men are holding whips and making the horses pull as hard as they can showing how strong the jeans are. Levi Strauss said these jeans never tore in any way and he created man's first heavy duty jean for the working man.

I would like you folks to test this myth please?

What is nice too, the Levi headquarters is in the heart of San Francisco.

P. S. Also, test other jeans and show their strength as well.
  • wind turbine electric vehicle

If you connect a wind turbine to an electric car and then drive it down the road; will it become a perpetual motion vehicle?
  • dos and bacon rhine

a myth for you to test

I have heard that bacon rhine can swell up in the stomach or intestine of dogs could you please converm or bust this myth please as i have consulted our vet and thry have not heard of this be for and could not help . Thank you in advbane ..

a fan and dog and bacon lover who likes to share.