TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

National Geographic Channel Naked Science Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on National GeographicBetween Seasons

Does anyone else watch this show?

Musicals101

[1]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 6
    I couldn't believe not a single post has been filed on this show. It's the most intelligent and well produced science show that I've ever seen. They do an amazing job with not only bringing stunning visuals to some dry topics, but they do it in a way that completely reinvents "educational television". I would hope that science teachers would tape this stuff and show it to their classes. Their latest episode on Darwin and evolution was really eye-opening. I didn't know that science had come so far in proving Darwin's theories. The "theory" of evolution is about as certain as the "theory" of gravity. If you haven't seen this show yet, do yourself a favor, practically any episode is going to draw you in, but I especially recommend the ones on the Pyramids, the destruction of the sun, and Stonehenge.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Spyrick

[2]Jan 18, 2007
    • level: 35
    Yes, I do follow the program. But on occasions, I miss the broadcast and have to wait for the reruns.

The program is very entertaining, I agree. Sadly, I find very few TV.com members follow NGC programs.

JLU51306

[3]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 18
    This is one of my favorite shows, It is very educational and puts every thing in a interesting perspective, I just got done watching the "Dino Meteor" episode which IMO is the best episode I've seen so far, If you want to see a very interesting episode I recommend this episode. And I am shocked the there is only one thread for this entire show, Well even if the threads aren't popular the show is still great.

Minarvia

[4]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 39
    I also watch it as well, but it is the fact that NGC isn't as big as Discovery, so their good program suffers from the lack of coverage.

foola12

[5]Oct 10, 2007
    • level: 2
    Personally i onlyreally like The Birth of the Universe episode but i haven't watched to much naked science so i can't be 100% sure.. But i do love this show.

dbzguy406

[6]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 5
    i watch this show all the time as do i watch national geographic all the time. I much prefer NGC over discovery and i think naked science is their best show. Im only 16 but i probabl know more about science then half the peolpe in america thanks to naked science

RedSoxFan274

[7]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 14
    dbzguy406 wrote:
    i watch this show all the time as do i watch national geographic all the time. I much prefer NGC over discovery and i think naked science is their best show. Im only 16 but i probabl know more about science then half the peolpe in america thanks to naked science

I liked the magnetic shield episode but it was kinda ominous...

jkarpisc

[8]Jul 9, 2009
    • level: 1
    I do. I'm just too busy to usually write something. Generally the show is great at taking a complex concept and making it simple. What I am bothered by are the occasional gratuitous nods to the global warming myths that seem to permeate society today. Otherwise the show is great for people with non-science backgrounds as as those who have them.

Mads13

[9]Aug 19, 2009
    • level: 13

I absolutely love this show.

Like the above poster said, it takes complex scientific theories, and makes them more palatable for the average person. Plus it tackles some interesting and often bizare, but very plausible, concepts.

And I have this show to thank for introducing me to Dr Michio Kaku. One of the best "layman's" scientists around.

solarburst

[10]Mar 16, 2011
    I'm going to try this again. I just posted. If I see it posted, I'll continue. My first attempt got me to some odd page for tv.com.

solarburst

[11]Mar 16, 2011
    Ah, it worked. What episode is under discussion? Birth of the Universe? I've been trying to track down a video for it. My interest is whether most of the episode was shot in Chile at the very large telescope, sometimes called Paranal.

I'm pretty sure it was I found a short slide show for the episode that mentioned Paranal.