Nana

Nippon Television Network Corporation (ended 2007)

asian_lamia

Nana Fan Reviews (7)

• its about two women who share the same name 'NANA' and the different situations they face which leads them to become inseperable friends. It has gr8 music and its a must for everyone to watch!

This is an anime which has a very deep meaning unlike a general anime in which a hero and a villain are enemies and they battle and end of story. Its about the different feelings in a relationship like friendship, love, betrayal and many other feelings. It has been depicted into a movie and an anime. It is the best work of the famous mangaka Ai Yazawa who made the manga of Nana and Paradise Kiss and many others. It is meant for an audience between the ages 12-19 years (basically teens). It is a sad but extremely entertaining show and I give it a 10/10.
  • This anime is about two girls with the name Nana. After a string of coincidences, First meeting on train, then later wanting the same apartment. They end up becoming roommates and best friends.

Nana O. a punk singer who seeks fame and recognition.
    Nana K. who later giving the name 'Hachi', (seeks love in all the wrong ways) and happiness. Even though they are completely opposite the story closely follow them through their ups and downs as they formed a close friendship. It has everything you're looking for. Good rock music based-soundtrack, forbidden romance,unrequited love and dark secrets(from the past and present). You can easily see where each characters comes from by having little glimse of them in their past.
    It's one of the best hardcore drama anime I've seen in a long time
  • Its about two young women.

the show is all some! its real is the best. its a great anime. i cant wait till they dub it in english then i wont have to read the subbies which sucks because i dont like reading. other that be in jap jap its a good show i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i
  • Nana is about two girls who lead completely different lives, but by chance meet each other on a train going to Tokyo and become fast friends. There for different reasons, even so, they become best friends and their friendship grows strength

I find that this anime is extremely unappreciated. Even though some parts of it can have quite mature themes, I find that these types of anime are hard to come across.

Furthermore, the connections and links between people is quite amusing. Also, with its fresh sense of humor is quite a breath of fresh air from other animes. The story and art is originally by Ai Yazawa, the same woman who did many popular mangas such as Tenshi Nanka Janai, and animes like Paradise Kiss. Its fluency and excellent portrayal clothes-wise and looks-wise with the characters is excellent, giving you some impressions that you will pick up right away and other that you have to dig for.

All in all, this true gem-inside-a-rock is definitely an anime worth watching! Truly the story of how two people with completely different personalities can fit together and help each other through tough times.
  • Nana is the story of two girls going to Tokyo that become unlikely friends. They end up sharing an apartment and a lot of things happened in their lives in a very short period of time.

I like this show but it can take you on a rollercoaster trip of emotions from the beginning of the show to the end. It starts off being more comedy centered with some drama and toward the end it is difficult to watch. The thing I like most about this show is that it deals with charachters that are a little bit older than in most other anime shows. Go watch this show and give it a chance.
  • NANA: the saga of two women (or should i say girls?) anmed Nana...searching for love and a name for themselves!

NANA is a great story for several reasons. It just pulls you in and never lets you go till your hooked on the characters and the story. And what makes it even better, is that it is really original. A tri-level story, involving Blast (Black Stones) and Trapnest the bands, feuding for a place in the spotlight and for fame, the close-knit relationship of Nana and Hachi, and Hachi's search for love after her boyfriend leaves her.

This anime is rather captivating and you'll love the characters immediately...from shy Nobu, to promiscuous Shin, to womanizing Takumi, to cute Hachi, it's uncomparable..

I really recomend this for people who enjoy stories with lots of drama, lots of characters, and lots of love
  • NANA is one of the best stories, I know. Well of course it's good, it has a manga, anime, and movies!!

Like I said before, NANA is just wonderful. It really knows how to draw you into it. It's a total emotional rollarcoater. It goes from YAY! I'm sorry happy for her, to OMG you idiot I'll kill you, to tears. Nana has great music, drawn prettily, hello- awsome story. What's not to like? It's about girly-girl Nana who meets up with punk-rock singer NANA who become friends. they have so much in common, yet they're so differnt. same name, same age, same desination(when on the train), end up wanting the same flat- even through differnt realestate agents! But personality wise complete and total opposites.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes romance, comedy, and DRAMA,DRAMA, and more DRAMA!!