Nancy Grace Forums

Daily 8:00 PM on In Season

JonBenet Ramsey case

Kingcool7789

[1]May 17, 2007
    • level: 39
    Is their any updates on the case?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Billie3

[2]May 29, 2007
    • level: 20
    I still believe that it was the parents, whether accidental or not.

Kingcool7789

[3]May 30, 2007
    No I meant are their any new developments.

Billie3

[4]May 30, 2007

I haven't heard of any updates, no.  I have a sad feeling that it will never be solved.

I was just stating my opinion on the case in the above post, btw.

Kingcool7789

[5]Jun 4, 2007
    I know its everybody has their own opinion and I think the case might not get solved to if it dos I will be shocked.

Billie3

[6]Jun 5, 2007
    So very tragic.  What's your opinion on the case?  Do you think the parents had anything to do with it?

Kingcool7789

[7]Jun 9, 2007
    Well at 1st I did think they had something to do with the crime. But after reading some more about the case I no longer think they had anything to do with it. After they found unknown DNA's on JonBenet. The only thing that makes me wonder if they did have anything at all to do with the crime is #1 the ransome note how did the killer know how much John Ramsey got paid $118,000. #2 The Pine apple and #3 the little teddy bear left their that the Ramsey's say they never had. Besides those 3 things I think they are innocent.

Billie3

[8]Jun 9, 2007

I suppose the police have themselves to blame. After all, they truly bungled the case from the very beginning. The home, being the crime scene, was completely contaminated when everybody walked through the house during theinitial search. The fact that John found her and picked her up equally damaging to the case, for he himself contaminated any evidence - though I have a sneaking suspicion it was deliberate on his part. The ransom note was written on notepaper taken from their home, and you're right, the $118,000 sum is pretty strange. And I always thought it particularly strange that Patsy took the time to change her outfit before contacting the police. It's just not something that a parent would do if they thought their kid was really missing. And there was no forced entry so it's unlikely anyone broke in...

The fact that the police have basically closed the case makes me believe that it may never be solved. What a tragedy.

Kingcool7789

[9]Jun 10, 2007
    I never heard of Patsy changeing her clothes before ploice came thats news to me. And the basment window was broken into and their was a unknown foot prints down their. And their was a print on the wall by the broken window has if sombody was trying to get in or out fast. And I heard a while ago Boulder is trying to find new investagaters for the case.

Billie3

[10]Jun 11, 2007

I didn't know about the broken window. Then again, that could have been staged after the fact (though the strange set of footprints is difficult to explain away).

But a new investigator is a good idea. Someone has to be able to solve this crime. And with DNA and forensics technology getting better all the time, hopefully one day they will crack it once and for all.

Kingcool7789

[11]Jun 12, 2007
    Yes new Investagtor will be good for the case. But I don't know would the new ones would be able to do that other chould not. I mean the case will be 11 years ago I don't know how the case chould be solved. The killer chould be dead now for all we know. I also heard their are women that are not even ploice or Investagaters. Help the case from a computer at their homes. And so far they have cleared 2 people I think it was 2. From being targeted as possible suspects so maybe it will be solved someday.

thegrape

[12]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 5

I still think it was the Santa Claus from the Ramsey's Christmas party who killed her because:

1. JonBenet told her friend's mom that Santa said he was going to pay her a special visit on Christmas night...

2. JBR would trust "Santa" if he woke her up in the middle of the night and told her to follow him to the basement.

3. He could have given her the pineapple in the kitchen.

4. "Santa" wears gloves... no fingerprints were found, right?

5. The stuffed bear was probably her present from him.

6. Just look at the guy... he was creepy!

And just for the record, Patsy didn't really "change clothes" after the police were called, she simply got dressed. She changed out of her bed clothes and in the confusion/stress/shock she put on the same outfit she wore the previous night.

Kingcool7789

[13]Sep 27, 2007
    thegrape wrote:

I still think it was the Santa Claus from the Ramsey's Christmas party who killed her because:

1. JonBenet told her friend's mom that Santa said he was going to pay her a special visit on Christmas night...

2. JBR would trust "Santa" if he woke her up in the middle of the night and told her to follow him to the basement.

And just for the record, Patsy didn't really "change clothes" after the police were called, she simply got dressed. She changed out of her bed clothes and in the confusion/stress/shock she put on the same outfit she wore the previous night.

You brought up some good points.

thegrape

[14]Oct 2, 2007

Thanks.

The Santa Claus from the party is dead so I'm pretty sure it'll never be solved. Such a sad story...

larryharriet

[15]Feb 29, 2008

I will be honest and share something I've never shared before. That first night when the copy came over the wire about a 6 year old Colorado girl being murdered in her own home and I reported it on air, I knew something wasn't right. In the next few days, I went to Boulder to cover the story and just from the people and sources I talked to... I was absolutely conviced the Ramseys did it... both of them. But then when I started to do my own investigation and saw that the police purposely released false information, outright lied to the public, and focused on the parents so exclusively it was to the exclusion of other leads and suspects... I began to doubt. When all the exculpatory evidence that I had to personally discover for the Ramsey's came to my attention because the press sure wasn't gonna report it... I began to think maybe the Ramseys didn't do this. As time went on and I discovered more and more facts, I actually stayed in Boulder for 3 years... all the way up to the Grand Jury's decision... I was absolutely convinced the only thing the Ramseys were guilty of was loving their child.

The reaction to me reporting the FACTS was very negative. My own collegues were foaming at the mouth saying "Of course they're guilty... she looks guilty." And I'm thinking... what does guilt look like? If you look at the evidence from the crime scene, which very few people have done, and isn't it interesting that most of the RDI's haven't done that... you will see that a mother couldn't possibly have done this.

Parents kill... believe you me... I've reported and covered the trials of dozens who have done so. But the reality is, parents kill through drowning their kids in the tub, slamming their children into rocks, a single gun shot to the head, etc. Parents DO NOT kill this way. I've interviewed tons of profilers who have confirmed this to me. JonBenet Ramsey was killed in the most sadistic, evil, awful/horrible way possible. If the Ramsey's had done it... it would of not been that dirty of a crime scene. And I have dozens of profilers and behavioral analysts that I've interviewed to back me up.

Sleuther

[16]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 1
    thegrape wrote:

Could we add a few more items to your list of clues? He had several little "friends" who'd died and he had notches on his celtic harp, or their names carved on it. He told reporter Daniel Glick, an associate of Jeff Shapiro, another reporter, that he was saving or looking for a place for JonBenet's name. I don't have to have a link handy, do I? You'd find out more by doing own searches. That's all I found. There used to be something about it at Jameson's, where I never was a member and I don't know if it's still in archives there, if they decided how many dead children there were. If anyone knows members there, asking just might help. This is my first post here. I hope we get email notifications of replies, as I'm sure you'll find out more than I have so far. I personally think it's incredible that Glick didn't ask for any details. Some say police blunders may have been due to some of the similar secret societies, which I don't know anything about except celtic, which we can google.

Sleuther

[17]Mar 22, 2008

Re McSanta

I'm about to try a search using the term "Celtic Harp in JonBenet Ramsey Case", haven't ever found any ceremony details in all the material about celts, and Boulder's famous pagan population, and this time will probably be no different, but maybe someone can think of a better search term.

The celtic harp (about half the size of a symphony orchestra harp) must have been covered with names of little dead "friends", as reporter Daniel Glick, according to Jeff Shapiro in his Ghost of Christmas Past article was shown the harp by McReynolds, who allegedly told him either he was looking for a place for JonBenet's name or saving a place for her name. We've often heard it was notches rather than names, but notches could be fitted in pretty easily. jno

Sleuther

[18]Apr 8, 2008
    thegrape wrote:

I have to whole-heatedly agree! And I think you forgot to mention his celtic harp with a lot of names of dead children, who'd been his little "friends", tho' he'd only been playing Santa for about 4 yrs. Search terms are hard to come by to get any history of harp practitioners. I'm not sure if the rules here permit me to say, someone at another forum managed to find a story about McReynolds and a couple of children, Evan and Robbie, but the thread has disappeared. I think there was something about children no longer believing in Santa after about age 9, so the poster speculated that maybe a gift to one of them was an angel, the angel of death. There had been some myth that if someone heard a harp played, it meant they were soon going to die, each clan having a harpist. She was just speculating about the death angel. I was going to read the whole thread again. I suppose the names were not on the harp when he got it, wherever and whenever he got it, because the names were said to be little "friends". McSanta died, you know. His wife Janet was away. I don't know where or why. I don't really think he was JonBenet's killer, but that he may very well have been there. Someone recently also suggested that Barnhill, 76, didn't go over to the Ramseys' to see what had happened, and that he was speculating immediately about someone being jealous of the R's.

Some say JonBenet may have been taken out of the house, but if so, she was brought back before she was killed, because her scream woke Melody Stanton across the street, due to a basement pipe. Stanton then woke her husband, who heard a sound like metal scraping on concrete. Melody went back to sleep, decided maybe she'd been dreaming, but he seemed sure.

I think there had been some kind of "rave" party a couple of houses away, which I suppose would explain any strange cars in the neighborhood. I don't have a source for that, possibly a J.T. Colfax character but I may be wrong about that.

Sleuther

[19]Apr 8, 2008

Oh, I didn't realize when I read "The Grape" I'd already posted a couple of times. Sorry for the Repetition.

Someone have any ideas how to find out more? If there was some kind of ceremony involving the harp, did McSanta make it up himself for the occasion or what?

Police "bungling" has been talked about for years, and yet some assume the harp would have been thoroughly investigated. I don't think so. Book authors found out quite a few things LE had, but nothing about this.

Sleuther

[20]May 16, 2008

I was so glad to see the Harp Santa subject introduced here starting in post #12. Can't believe McReynolds would have done it, tho' he probably could have, just doesn't seem like a killer, but very possibly he may have been somehow involved.

There's an MSNBC article about a pedophile Santa who looks so gentle and innocent, was said to be "the best Santa ever", so anything's possible, and I do think others would have actually done it. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/245220501

Is there a way to edit avatars? This one's okay but are there others to choose from? Just curious. TIA