Nanny 911 Forums

Monday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Need an Advice from the Experienced

Shorty19

[1]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 1

I know I may not be a child, but here's a small story and just need advice:

I'm 24 years old and I live with me parents for almost 21 years (the last 3 years was when I was in college in a different city). But I want advice on how to deal with nagging parents, I mean they still nag and do the unthinkable to me. It's difficult for me to talk about this but what my dad did to me was the last straw and yet I'm still here. My father on I think it was new years (it might have been a different year but i know it was at night when my parents had a party). Im not denying that I may have a drinking problem, and yet my dad treats me like a little kid after I got confused on where my last alcohol was. I decided to go upstairs to get away from them and yet my dad follow me and (2 flights of stairs, one containing about 6 or 7 stairs and the 2nd containing 2 or 3 stairs) to the living room. When I got to the landing before the small flight of stairs he picked me up and literally threw me across the living room. (I was at least 23 yrs old at the time maybe just after I had my 24th bday).

I am hard of hearing and wear hearing aids and I have a small eye problem in which I wear glasses to help me read books or read the closed captioning on tv when I'm watching tv. When he threw me across the living room, it knocked off my left hearing aid and my glassed off, and have banged my head against a sharp corner of the small table that holds a flower pot and a bowl of keys. Right away I forgot about the booze, I immediately focused on what just had happened and was furious. I may have sounded like a little kid but I tell ya, I was pissed as hell. I went all over the house screaming that I will call the cops on him and yada, but I never called the cops.

Now I just have this sense of fear for him. My mother, I don't fear her at all. I defeated her once, and its not about to happen again cuz she knows better not to mess with me. But my step-dad, he will not let up.

I watch this show and even at my age, there are things that can still be applied to children over 18 that are living at home. I know cuz I agree with a lot of things that al the nannies have said in the episodes.

But I was wondering what can I really do at my age? Even though I wish my parents would listen to me or at least talk to me when I feel sad or upset or whatever, but they never do. I'm always crying out for attention, even though I'm an introvert, I don't talk much, I'm very shy... I wonder if that's the reason why I am the way I am these days.

Shorty19

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dunbrine47

[2]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 9
    Shorty19 wrote:

I know I may not be a child, but here's a small story and just need advice:

I'm 24 years old and I live with me parents for almost 21 years (the last 3 years was when I was in college in a different city). But I want advice on how to deal with nagging parents, I mean they still nag and do the unthinkable to me. It's difficult for me to talk about this but what my dad did to me was the last straw and yet I'm still here. My father on I think it was new years (it might have been a different year but i know it was at night when my parents had a party). Im not denying that I may have a drinking problem, and yet my dad treats me like a little kid after I got confused on where my last alcohol was. I decided to go upstairs to get away from them and yet my dad follow me and (2 flights of stairs, one containing about 6 or 7 stairs and the 2nd containing 2 or 3 stairs) to the living room. When I got to the landing before the small flight of stairs he picked me up and literally threw me across the living room. (I was at least 23 yrs old at the time maybe just after I had my 24th bday).

I am hard of hearing and wear hearing aids and I have a small eye problem in which I wear glasses to help me read books or read the closed captioning on tv when I'm watching tv. When he threw me across the living room, it knocked off my left hearing aid and my glassed off, and have banged my head against a sharp corner of the small table that holds a flower pot and a bowl of keys. Right away I forgot about the booze, I immediately focused on what just had happened and was furious. I may have sounded like a little kid but I tell ya, I was pissed as hell. I went all over the house screaming that I will call the cops on him and yada, but I never called the cops.

Now I just have this sense of fear for him. My mother, I don't fear her at all. I defeated her once, and its not about to happen again cuz she knows better not to mess with me. But my step-dad, he will not let up.

I watch this show and even at my age, there are things that can still be applied to children over 18 that are living at home. I know cuz I agree with a lot of things that al the nannies have said in the episodes.

But I was wondering what can I really do at my age? Even though I wish my parents would listen to me or at least talk to me when I feel sad or upset or whatever, but they never do. I'm always crying out for attention, even though I'm an introvert, I don't talk much, I'm very shy... I wonder if that's the reason why I am the way I am these days.

Shorty19

Wow.......How did you defeat your Mother ,Brawl or what?

Let's for all intensive purposes say you struggle with booze.

Your step-dad oubsuly handled your problem the wrong way.

I mean come on ,your step-daugther has a "problem" ,you think fixing the "problem" involves picking her up like a football and slamming her into the wall ,what you think you are trying to gain from that dumbass ,her becoming a vegtbale for the rest of her life?(Mini Rant Over)

But really you should have called the cops and had him arrested on assulat(Min) to atemptted murder(Max).

Do you have edvince from this attack is so you might be able to bulid a case and sue him....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.